Brighton concert

Forum for collectors and traders' of Leonard Cohen's music and poetry.
mcbride_r

Brighton concert

Post by mcbride_r »

Hi Folks,

A DVD of the Brighton, November concert is currently on Dimeadozen.
I don't have it yet so don't know how good it is - (that's quality of the video/audio NOT the performance!).

Ronnie

Here are some of his comments

"I acquired this DVD through a ‘trade’, but the authoring was (IMHO!) awful. I therefore reauthored it using TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.6.23.73 (chapters + animated menu).
That said, he did a pretty good job encoding the video and audio from the tapes.
Artwork (DVD case cover) is included in the torrent"
gremmy

Re: Brighton concer

Post by gremmy »

I have it. In fact, I'm uploading it! And I can say, hand on heart, it is effing brilliant! I may be slightly biased though because it was one of the concerts I attended from this tour.

I got the original DVD from that feller who advertised it for sale on youtube, which is an outrageous act, so I'm attempting to balance the worldly books by getting it out there for free. You should have your copy sometime tomorrow afternoon, at the current rate of progress.

Maybe we could set up some kind of postal distribution list for those who can't do the torrent thing....
paddieu

Post by paddieu »

Good idea. Do count me in, thanks :)
margaret

Post by margaret »

Can we set up another Vine to copy and pass on this dvd? I've not the time or expertise to cope with these torrent things but I can copy discs and post to friends anywhere.

Margaret
Dublin 15th June, Manchester 18th June, Edinburgh 16th July
Cardiff 8th. November, Manchester 30th. November Liverpool 14th July 2009 Barcelona 21st September 2009, Las Vegas 11th December 2010
Judy

Re: Brighton concert

Post by Judy »

Yes,if a new vine is set up, please count me in as well.

I can now copy dvds myself instead of having to ask someone to do it for me so would be very happy to copy and post on.
gremmy

Post by gremmy »

How do we start this, then? I send it to the first five people to express an interest?
FOXWOOD

Post by FOXWOOD »

I would love a copy please include me on any vine.
Royal Albert Hall London 1988, Manchester Opera House 18th June 2008,
Manchester Arena 30th Nov 2008, Weybridge 11th July 2009,
Lissadell House 31st July 2010, Dublin 11th & 12th September 2012, London O2 21st June 2013,
Manchester Arena 31st Aug 2013,Leeds 7th September 2013
FOXWOOD

Post by FOXWOOD »

gremmy,

To start a Vine you just list the names of whoever wants to be included in a posting here. You then post out the dvd to whoever is top of the list .(They send you their details by pm). Number one on the list then sends it to Number 2 and so on.You then only have to post out one disc.

Many thanks for the offer to send out copies

I HAVE JUST GOT HOLD OF A 2 CD AUDIO RECORDING OF MONCTON 23 5 2008. THE SOUND QUALITY IS EXCELLENT.IF YOU DON'T MIND PUTTING ME FIRST/EARLY ON IN THE VINE I CAN INCLUDE A COPY OF THE MONCTON CONCERT ALONG WITH YOUR DVD FOR EVERYONE ELSE IN THE VINE. (I WILL OBVIOUSLY SEND gremmy ONE AS WELL!)
Royal Albert Hall London 1988, Manchester Opera House 18th June 2008,
Manchester Arena 30th Nov 2008, Weybridge 11th July 2009,
Lissadell House 31st July 2010, Dublin 11th & 12th September 2012, London O2 21st June 2013,
Manchester Arena 31st Aug 2013,Leeds 7th September 2013
margaret

Post by margaret »

Please count me in.
Can you post what order you decide on your list of names and I will send my address to the person before me.

Thanks a lot

Margaret
Davido

Post by Davido »

I have been in touch with gremmy following his original post about this dvd, and I am happy to be part of, or start the vine. Like FOXWOOD, I could add a recording or two to the vine.
Dave
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies"~ Groucho Marx
mydoglorca

Post by mydoglorca »

gremmy wrote:I have it. In fact, I'm uploading it! And I can say, hand on heart, it is effing brilliant! I may be slightly biased though because it was one of the concerts I attended from this tour.

I got the original DVD from that feller who advertised it for sale on youtube, which is an outrageous act, so I'm attempting to balance the worldly books by getting it out there for free. You should have your copy sometime tomorrow afternoon, at the current rate of progress.

Maybe we could set up some kind of postal distribution list for those who can't do the torrent thing....
PLEASE also include me if you set up a vine for this.

I too could add a CD (of Oberhausen including The Partisan).

Thanks.
1976 Bristol 1979 Birmingham 1988 RAH x 2, 1993 RAH x 2 & Madrid, 2008 Edinburgh, London O2, Cardiff, Bournemouth, RAH 17 Nov, Birmingham, Manchester 30 Nov, 2009 Weybridge, Liverpool, Dublin 19 & 20th,2010 September -Marseille, Tours, Lille, 2012 12 & 14 Aug Ghent,Wembley x22013 O2, Antwerp, Bournemouth, Manchester
gremmy

Post by gremmy »

Okay then, the vine looks like this so far:

Davido (contacted me first via PM)
Paddieu? Can you copy and send on?
Margaret
Judy
Foxwood
mydoglorca

Here's a link to the DVD case artwork so no-one has to worry about copying and sending that as well:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/ ... dcover.jpg

And here are some links to what the video looks like:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/ ... d/mpc1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/ ... d/mpc2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/ ... d/mpc3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/ ... d/mpc4.jpg

I'll get it out to Davido this week.
Actaion

Post by Actaion »

Hi,
I'd like to join the vine, too, if still possible...
gremmy

Post by gremmy »

Could anyone who wants to join this vine copy and paste the most recent list on this thread, and add their name to it? That will work won't it?

The list so far is:

Davido
Margaret
Judy
Foxwood
mydoglorca
Actaion
Paul Zagreb

Post by Paul Zagreb »

Davido
Margaret
Judy
Foxwood
mydoglorca
Actaion
Paul Zagreb (as I - obviously - live in zagreb, I'll contribute to additional postage or suggest a UK address to send it to)
2008: Manchester 20 June /Vienna 24 September /Berlin 4 October / Cardiff 8 November/Manchester 30 November 2009: Liverpool 14 July / Belgrade 2 September / Barcelona 21 September 2010: Zagreb 25 July /Sankt Margarethan 5 September 2012: Ghent 12 August/Verona 24 September/Lisbon 7 October 2013: London 21 June / Berlin 17 July / Ljubljana 25 July / Pula 2 August / London 15 September

Return to “Collectors' and Traders' Corner”