Audio downloads

Forum for collectors and traders' of Leonard Cohen's music and poetry.
stfa

Audio downloads

Post by stfa »

Just wondering if anyone has links to downloads (ie megaupload etc.) for any 2008 Leonard shows. I would especially love to get some songs from the June 2nd Kitchener show or the June 3rd Hamilton show......but of course would appreciate anything from this tour!
Hamilton Place April 1993, O'Keefe Toronto July 1993, Center in the Square Kitchener June 2nd 2008, Hamilton Place June 3rd 2008, Copps Coliseum, Hamilton May 19th 2009, Labatt's London May 24th 2009, ACC Toronto December 4th & 5th 2012, Labatts London Dec 11th 2012 Copps Coliseum Hamilton April 9 2013 Tower of Song, Centre Bell November 6th 2017
cohenfreek

Re: Audio downloads

Post by cohenfreek »

I'm on 10 torrent download sites, including dimeadozen, which is the hardest to register with (and where most of the shows will likely be posted for the current tour). Also try the ZOMB torrent site, it still has 6 Cohen selections (not all from 2008), I believe. I think Trader's Den still has the 1988 San Sebastian DVD.
This mental space is occupied and everything is mine
London (ON) June 6 1993/Kitchener June 2 2008/Ottawa May 25 & 26 2009/Ottawa December 2012
muzzer100

Post by muzzer100 »

I have a dime account that needs to seed some torrents to get my share ratio up above the minimum, and I have no shows I can seed. I'd also love to get some of dime's LC shows. If you have shows you can seed to get the account's share ratio up then get in touch ad amybe we can work something out.
justinburnett

Post by justinburnett »

Does anyone have options for those of us who can't use torrents? My ISP severely limits my upload speed, so torrent clients correspondingly throttle my downloads to the point where it's completely impractical. Something like DC++ or an FTP site would be ideal for anyone who might be in a situation similar to mine...
richardrj

Post by richardrj »

justinburnett wrote:Does anyone have options for those of us who can't use torrents? My ISP severely limits my upload speed, so torrent clients correspondingly throttle my downloads to the point where it's completely impractical.
Not being funny but have you considered changing your ISP?
richardrj

Post by richardrj »

cohenfreek wrote:I think Trader's Den still has the 1988 San Sebastian DVD.
This has just surfaced on Dime as well. Great picture quality and menus. Only problem is the songs are subtitled in Spanish which is very distracting.
justinburnett

Post by justinburnett »

Well, if I was willing to pay more, my existing ISP would give me better speed. Unfortunately, my current package is chosen by necessity. There's not a whole lot of choice around here. I get my internet from the same company I get my cable TV service, and there's a bundling discount... I got spoiled when I lived in Korea a few years back. I was on the cheap plan there, and my VDSL gave me 900k/s, both directions. Here, I'm paying almost twice as much, and getting 150up/30down. Ahh, the advantages of population density.

Thankfully, my most recent experiment with torrents seems to be going okay. I broke down and installed a new client a couple of days ago and sighned up for a Dime account, and though their search is absolutely attrocious, the downloading itself seems to be working...
richardrj

Post by richardrj »

justinburnett wrote:I broke down and installed a new client a couple of days ago and sighned up for a Dime account, and though their search is absolutely attrocious, the downloading itself seems to be working...
Personally I've never had any problems with the search on Dime. You know you have to add a + sign before each search term, right? So, to find Leonard Cohen, enter +leonard +cohen. Otherwise it returns everything with leonard or cohen in the torrent.
justinburnett

Post by justinburnett »

Yes, silly me was a little hasty in my judgement of their search. I guess I've gotten used to certain ground rules, and have gotten out of the habit of learning new ones :-) But thanks to pluses and minuses and quotations and such, I've been getting much more useful results.

Return to “Collectors' and Traders' Corner”