Muffins or War

This is for your own works!!!

Muffins (lightly toasted with perhaps a little strawberry jelly) or a *just* War with not very many casulaties

I prefer a Just war
21%
I prefer just muffins
79%

Total votes: 72
Zabka

Post by Zabka » Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:27 am

This old and dull thread was firmly on the back burner till you dredged it up. However, I still think it has a certain je ne sais quoi!

Particularly in light of election year! Maybe at last the true Axis of Evil will cease to exist? Lets hope so (and cast our votes!)
ZZ

What we have learned is like a handful of earth. What we have yet to learn is like the whole world. (Avvaiyar)
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:05 pm

I so agree, Zabka.
Harry Harpin

Post by Harry Harpin » Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:19 pm

I have already cast my vote. I voted for muffins. I voted for peace. I voted for real poetry.
Zabka

Post by Zabka » Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:29 am

Hmm...where was THAT poll?
ZZ

What we have learned is like a handful of earth. What we have yet to learn is like the whole world. (Avvaiyar)
Jo

Post by Jo » Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:01 pm

If someone will tell me where the ballot box is I vote for a free pirate and syrup with every vote cast.

Get out of the voting box please - I was here first...WHAT??? I've already voted you say???

That twin sister is seriously beginning to nettle me ...
"... to make a pale imitation of reality with twenty-six juggled letters"
"... all words are lies because they can only represent one of many levels of being"
Sober noises of morning in a marginal land.
Epurcelly

Post by Epurcelly » Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:50 am

A quote from M*A*S*H

"What is a war without casualties?"

"Peace."
ep
Harry Harpin

Post by Harry Harpin » Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:25 pm

I dont think that War is defined by casualties any more than a Game of Baseball is defined by Home Runs. These are desirable things but not necessary to the enjoyment of a War.

I also think that you should note that this is a poetry forum and each person contributing to this political thread is performing an act of destruction in the Long Term.
Epurcelly

Post by Epurcelly » Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:32 am

Harry Harpin wrote:I dont think that War is defined by casualties any more than a Game of Baseball is defined by Home Runs. These are desirable things but not necessary to the enjoyment of a War.

I also think that you should note that this is a poetry forum and each person contributing to this political thread is performing an act of destruction in the Long Term.
To Harry- Your remarks are so far off base that I wonder if you are joking. I am fairly new around these parts, so perhaps the joke is on me. The first I heard from you was the ridiculous fathers day poem followed demands of serious crit... and now in regards to death in war "These are desirable things but not necessary to the enjoyment of a war"
Do you really feel this way? Perhaps I could recommend a war doc for you to watch..."Hearts and Minds." I'll look forward to when you see your post for what it is, heartless and ignorant...
:evil:
Also, the poll is the poetry...
ep
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Wed Mar 31, 2004 2:26 pm

You're right, of course, Epurcelly, with your remarks. Some come through here strictly with an agenda to do the very things you're citing. You're recognizing it. I think Harry may be Paula Hansen's first cousin, brother, sister, or self. If not, an excellent prototype.
George.Wright

Post by George.Wright » Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:52 pm

Do you mean that she has cloned? I thought that frankenstein was in retirement.........
Georges
I am a right bad ass, dankish prince and I love my Violet to bits.
Harry Harpin

Post by Harry Harpin » Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:19 pm

I alos agree that this thread is old now and it is probably better not to add to it. Now the War has ended so sucessfully it seems to me that there is no need to rake over old stuff.
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Post by Byron » Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:41 pm

Can I vote for Maw Wuffins please ?
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
Arno

Post by Arno » Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:23 pm

With 400 something replies I'm finally convinced to enter my own vote... let's say, I would vote for a just war, problem is, up til today I havent found one... so until a just war is begun I'm gonna be real fat ;)

Arno
witty_owl

Post by witty_owl » Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:06 am

The war is not over! And while Latham is advocating that Australia should bring our troops home, GWB is advocating that more troops should be sent from the US to manage the unruly Iraqis. In the last couple of weeks casualties have been higher than since the end of "official" hostilities. This messy business could well become GWB's Vietnam type albatross. :(

Last evening I viewed a program on the history of biological weapons in the US, Britain and the USSR post WW2. Some of the facts that came to light were most alarmingly informative. EG- the US did experiments with bio agents on their own population. One such test was the spraying of a viral agent into the atmosphere among suburban regions of San Francisco. Other tests were done on protesters ond objecters to the Vietnam/US war.

Journalist- "How do you know that Iraq has WMDs?"
Politician- "We kept the receipts."

I shall have some muffins for Easter :)

Regards, W.O.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:03 pm

I can't help but wonder [Byron, primarily], if at least one of our many opposers on the 'War Is Hell' thread, has not reconsidered his/her adamant position [which opposed our own, adamant position]. With the deaths of so many soldiers since the 'war' 'ended' and over 10,000 Iraqi citizens dead since then, as well.....and did anyone notice when the denial rhetoric of "This is not an occupation of Iraq" changed to "with the U.S. occupation of Iraq" being the common form of reference? I want to say that the troops deaths number at over 600, but since I know that the latest use of that number was in reference to their being 600 paid, pharmaceutical lobbyists [at least one for every congressman], I'm wondering if that number inaccurately lodged itself in reference to the death count for troops. In relationship to the 10,000, it could just as easily be 60.

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”