Muffins or War

This is for your own works!!!

Muffins (lightly toasted with perhaps a little strawberry jelly) or a *just* War with not very many casulaties

I prefer a Just war
21%
I prefer just muffins
79%

Total votes: 72
Jo

Post by Jo » Mon Mar 31, 2003 2:37 am

I'm not fussy - I'll have him with syrup and figs and wigs - and cucumbers for that matter.......
mind you , cottage cheese goes well with cucumbers. :shock:
Yours in quivering anticipation
Jo
"... to make a pale imitation of reality with twenty-six juggled letters"
"... all words are lies because they can only represent one of many levels of being"
Sober noises of morning in a marginal land.
paula_hansen

Post by paula_hansen » Mon Mar 31, 2003 11:44 am

The Bellicose Paula said

I know I am going to regret getting involved.

Cockney rhyming slang

Syrup of figs (Wigs)

You wanted Leonard with syrup hence you want him with a wig

and thus she has proved that dodgy war morality does not stop a wider wisdom, and there is yet hope for her despite stealing my name.
Stephen Kind

Post by Stephen Kind » Mon Mar 31, 2003 9:01 pm

I have never thought that Leonard wears a wig, or a "syrup" as I learn it is called in England.

But I have noticed an interesting post in a poetry group suggesting he is pro-war. The claim is made with no support at all and may just be mischievous.
Vesuvius

Post by Vesuvius » Tue Apr 01, 2003 7:41 am

Ciao David,

You are in love with Margaret? Yes?

Vesuvius
paula_hansen

Post by paula_hansen » Tue Apr 01, 2003 9:42 am

There are really only 3 tests of love

1. would you share your last muffin with him/her

2. would you go to war for her/him

3. would you mount vesuvius
Stephen Kind

Post by Stephen Kind » Tue Apr 01, 2003 8:40 pm

I think that you will find that Leonard, if he believes in real love at all, would have many more tests than you suggest Paula. He believes in sexual love, and spiritual love. I don't think he would ever test it by sharing of poseesions although some lyrics of I'm Your Man do run onto that theme I guess.
Jo

Post by Jo » Tue Apr 01, 2003 9:20 pm

The test of true love is syrup...but cottage cheese or condensed milk would do equally well.

Regretfully
Jo
"... to make a pale imitation of reality with twenty-six juggled letters"
"... all words are lies because they can only represent one of many levels of being"
Sober noises of morning in a marginal land.
paula_hansen

Post by paula_hansen » Wed Apr 02, 2003 7:45 am

The test of true love is syrup...but cottage cheese or condensed milk would do equally well.

Regretfully
Jo

this rather enigmatic comment on love was posted by "Jo" whose stance on muffins is yet to be declared. does anyone knwo what she means by suppporting the dairy products she has mentioned?
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Wed Apr 02, 2003 4:09 pm

How old are you, Paula Hansen, if you don't mind my asking? I doubt anyone will set foot into the arena of explaining the particular dairy products Jo mentioned.
paula_hansen

Post by paula_hansen » Wed Apr 02, 2003 4:16 pm

I am beginnign to wonder if these dairy products are actually sexual aids! but surely not. how on earth would they be useful?

In answer to your rather impertinent question, I am old enough to but choose not to, until I meet the right man.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Wed Apr 02, 2003 9:24 pm

I'll accept the "impertinent," Paula, but I just wasn't sure how best to try to figure your not understanding the reference. I won't give any more hints, but will only say I don't recall anyone suggesting they were aids, but rather a test in their own fashion. However, no point in continuing it. The truth is that I'm really not concerned with your actual age, nor need I be. Just thought it to possibly be a clue as to your not understanding what was meant by what was said.
Dairy Farmer

Post by Dairy Farmer » Thu Apr 03, 2003 12:46 pm

I have really mixed feelings about Lizzytish explaining how she uses dairy products as sexual aids. On the one hand I am disgusted and appalled, and think she is setting a terrible example to children who may be watching. On the other hand, despite all the media stories about excessive Governmental subsidies, the truth is that times are hard. We can only earn a crust if you buy the cheese to go on top of it.

For that limited reason I do not in any way criticise the perverted and degrading habits Lizzytish admits, although it seems obvious to me that she should be ashamed of herself.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Thu Apr 03, 2003 7:12 pm

Good heavens, Dairy Farmer....you need to go into another thread, whereby people account some basic knowledge and understanding to the sharing of views and theories, and in your own case, habits. Enough said. Open thine eyes and learn to read. Enough said.
John the Shorts

Post by John the Shorts » Fri Apr 04, 2003 12:20 am

I'm still concerned about Jo who wants a free Muffin :oops: with every LC and Lizzytysh who obviously prefers cottage cheese to clotted cream :oops:

JTS (I think I'll stick with my Liguistic cunning)
tom.d.stiller

Post by tom.d.stiller » Fri Apr 04, 2003 6:15 am

I'm really not sure about Dairy Farmer...
The way I read the post it could have been intended as a joke (the exaggerated use of "perverted and degrading", the cool calculations on cheese revenue - it all could be parodistic...)
Or it could have been simply one more in a long line of invective attacks.

Maybe the cheese advocat will come in again to explain herself/himself.

BTW: I'm not sure about Paula (H-variant) either. Does she fake ignorance? Is it a linguistic problem? Or maybe, though Love is the answer, love is a 4letter word?

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”