rusty old and beautiful

This is for your own works!!!
Diane

Post by Diane » Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:45 pm

Thanks very much, guys. Switz, I cannot resist following your words with Neil Young's :wink: :

It was then I knew I'd had enough,
Burned my credit card for fuel
Headed out to where the pavement turns to sand...

It was a great idea, Lizzy. Would you hold the wheel a mo, this drizzly rain brings these to mind:
The Mist

I AM the mist, the impalpable mist,
Back of the thing you seek.
My arms are long,
Long as the reach of time and space.

Some toil and toil, believing,
Looking now and again on my face,
Catching a vital, olden glory.

But no one passes me,
I tangle and snare them all.
I am the cause of the Sphinx,
The voiceless, baffled, patient Sphinx.

I was at the first of things,
I will be at the last.
I am the primal mist
And no man passes me;
My long impalpable arms
Bar them all.

Carl Sandburg
The Freshness

When it's cold and raining,
you are more beautiful.

And the snow brings me
even closer to your lips.

The inner secret, that which was never born,
you are that freshness, and I am with you now.

I can't explain the goings,
or the comings. You enter suddenly,

and I am nowhere again.
Inside the majesty.

Rumi, translated by Coleman Barks
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:51 pm

If it was my idea, howz come you had 'em already stacked up beside ya when Diane spotted you along the roadside. You KNOW I'd have told you Mythos, if you'd bothered to ask, that is :wink: . What'd you do with those poor hapless, now-beerless tourists :D ? Love your ditty for th' poetry kitty 8) :lol: .

Luckily, Diane's our designated driver, but these mountain areas may still have an open container law... so, maybe after Bernard chimes in, we can stop for a refreshment break.

~ Lizzy
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:58 pm

Oh m'gosh, Diane... you did that so fast, I barely had time to keep us from hittin' the ditch :shock: . Whew! Close call. Maybe we need that refreshment break before Bernard does his part. Maybe he's lost his breath.

That reminds me, though... did I ever send you the tapes of Coleman Barks? I don't think I did :( [didn't I tell you, Tom :wink: ? I'm guilty as you :? ].

The Mist 8) and The Freshness 8) ~ Yes :D .

~ Lizzy
katrin

beyond that rusty blue

Post by katrin » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:46 pm

Mat

I once was that woman.

" rusted and beaten to character" , I love that.

Thank you!
Katrin :)
SWITZ

Post by SWITZ » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:15 am

Know what you mean Katrin...a little while back someone who loved antiques saved me from the scrap pile and partially restored me... 8)

...uh..? Not to feel like an extra in the new Jackass movie but aren't you driving too close to the edge of this cliff Diane ? Lizzy..? Oh great Thelma and Louise are driving.... :shock: Matt and Boss are singing some Bulldog fight song so their not going to be of any help... :?

........................and the man on the radio said Earl Schieb would paint my car for $29.95 and if I'd leave the window down they'd paint my brother too.....
-Bruce Springstein-
Diane

Post by Diane » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:33 am

Switz, you look good as new! Ahem, Lizzy and I have already done the Thelma and Lousie thing, and I have been restraining myself from going there again. Sorry, I'll slow down :shock: . There, I've stopped, someone else can drive if they wish; I've come over all sensible :) .
........................and the man on the radio said Earl Schieb would paint my car for $29.95 and if I'd leave the window down they'd paint my brother too.....
-Bruce Springstein
when did Bruce say that?

he's tradin' in his Chevy for a Cadillacacacacacacacac
You oughta know by now
And if he can't drive
With a broken back
At least he can polish the fenders
Billy Joel
(I love singing that song. Don't you just love singing that song?)

Lizzy, sorry about the close shave with the ditch. No, I never received any tapes of Coleman Barks. No need to be guilty though. I think we are all guilty of many little things that are not that much of a big deal, are we not 8) ?

Diane
Diane

Post by Diane » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:34 am

Katrin, do you mean you were literally the woman Mat wrote about :D ? Or figuratively? Please do tell.

Welcome to the forum!

Diane
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:05 am

Well, if I may hazard a guess, though for a mini-second I imagined her finding and surprizing Mat here, I took Katrin's words to be a wistful and melancholy reflection on a relationship gone by. Cool little anecdotal reference about your own experience, Switz 8) .

Yes, Katrin... Welcome to the Forum :D ~ [you could always take over on the driving. Diane and I don't seem to be doing too splendid a job, and Sebastian falling down on the job of back seat driver.. and poet.

I don't know when he said it, but I sure do like the line :lol: ... perhaps, moreso because I know those Earl Scheib commercials :roll: . The least they could do is include your brother on a shoddy paint job :wink: .

Well, okay, then, Diane... they'll arrive guilt-free, one of these days :wink: . That poem is on them. I can guarantee you'll love it and the others, too.

So, who's taking the wheel, Katrin, you or me? Diane ~ while we work this out, perhaps you can persuade Sebastian to speak up :D .

~ Lizzy
Diane

Post by Diane » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:11 am

Oh, but I want Katrin to be the woman in the poem 8) .

Somebody called me Sebastian. Who the heck is Sebastian :? ?

Thanks, in anticipation of the tape's arrival some day :wink: .

Diane
Boss

Post by Boss » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:31 am

I think Katrin's got the wheel - things seem more calm in the back 'ere. Love that mountain air. I wrote this poem to my niece five years ago. She was fourteen

Kylie
You are a flower at night
Beautiful
But yet to be seen
You have time
To reach the morning
And meet the sun's kiss
But why hurry
Enjoy where you are
You are young
Strong

Many will admire you
You have spirit
And grace
Learn as much as you can
It will be valuable later
Your true love will come
Be quick to catch him
But give it time
Just as a flower in the morning
Gradually opens her petals

Becoming a woman is difficult
A man too
The world is so full of obstacles
The path sometimes tough
You will lose in your life
Just as you will win
And in these moments of joy
Just remember always
Your uncle looks over you
Like the sun in the day
Or the moon on a dark night

I think it's time for refreshments. Look, over on that ridge, a perfect spot...
(Just who is Sebastian?!?)
katrin

rusty, old and beautiful

Post by katrin » Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:27 am

Hi guys

I let Diane drive. I am just a kind of a freeloader or a short rider here. I wave my goodby.

Katrin :?

but you guys are fun! :)
mat james

Post by mat james » Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:06 am

Sometimes I love crowds. The ute is filling up and I'm thirsty too Boss. Lets all go to the pub.
Are they as good in Wales as they are meant to be in Ireland.
Katrin, there are no freeloadres here. All hitch-hikers are welcome...and a poem would be the fare perhaps??
No...no fare. just come for the ride as we have no idea where Diane is taking us to...

Boss...was that really you speaking??? You must have taken a shot of my moonshine from my hipflask.
You just can't trust some poeple! :P
"Without light or guide, save that which burned in my heart." San Juan de la Cruz.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:17 am

I'm stunned by the gentle, flowing beauty of your poem, Boss. What a lovely tribute to ANY young girl. She touched your heart beyond all the anger and angst you've experienced. So beautiful. I hope she knows to treasure and keep it. It appears from the way you've described and advised her that she would.
(Just who is Sebastian?!?)
Who the heck is Sebastian :?

Geeeeez... I don't know. Doesn't "Bernard" sound a little like "Sebastian"? ~ I think I need a Mythos.

Oh, Katrin. I'm sorry to see you go. What happened that you are no longer that woman?

[I guess she doesn't trust my driving, Diane. She let you drive, again ~ oh well < Lizzy props feet back on dash > ]

That spot over there does look good, Boss. I'd have thought it was cool if she'd hunted his poem down here, too, Diane... but I don't think she did. I'm interested to know what happened with Katrin, though. Mat ~ we haven't even gotten to the top of the mountain, yet... and you already want to go to the pub :roll: . What a crew in this ute.

The tape's on its way :lol: .

~ Lizzy :wink:
katrin

rusty, old and beautiful

Post by katrin » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:48 am

I am not a poet nor a muscician, but a traveller. No fare, Mat, I am a true hich-hiker, I have some Swiss shnaps to offer; better,stronger than beer. Yes I am a traveller, who comes and goes. I don't even recite ( sounds like crap) :wink: ,but I love to listen, while sitting silently in the back. The melancholy has stopped by; can I just put my head on s.o's shoulder?. I am still that women, who wants to be there, Lizzy! I am tired and thirsty, so I'll stay for a beer or two.

sometimes they ask me, where I come from
I answer:" I don't know."
I have been on my path since long; it led me here.
I know I was born as the child of love, of earth and sun.
My whole life is a song, I sing it to let you know, that I love you.
I offer it to the world.
It has been raining tonight.
The path is soft. Covered with dirt of corruption and unemployment,
with hatered and racism.
I ought to go back to my country, but I still want to walk side by side with you, on this ground, which is well nurished of knowledge, love and rhythme.
To walk on your side to show you where my secret lies, in the depht of my dreams.
I want you to be born as the child of love, of earth and sun.
My whole life is a song, I sing it to tell you that I love you. My whole life is a song, I offer it to the world.

( That was when I worked and lived in Africa )
mat james

Post by mat james » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:46 am

Where is bloody Bernard?
Any of you guys see Bernard?
Is that him going through that back-pack?
"Without light or guide, save that which burned in my heart." San Juan de la Cruz.

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”