Tunes and Flowers.

This is for your own works!!!
Vesuvius

Post by Vesuvius » Mon Feb 03, 2003 8:31 pm

Am I still poisen? What does that mean? Talk about inverting things. I never said you were poisen. You now owe me an apology. But of course you would take it back just as you did to Miranda over on the Poll Thread.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Mon Feb 03, 2003 9:23 pm

I took nothing back. However, I did do myself the favour of putting it in its proper context [that of a Correction].....unlike the impression it appears you may have intended to have given, with your carte-blanche announcement of the "news" that I had apologized to Miranda.

Perhaps, a difference in native language [are you perhaps from Italy?] is contributing to the inversions of meaning and understanding. I didn't say poisen [no such word here, unless you're misspelling poison, which I also didn't say]. I said poised. Poised here [in the U.S.] can refer to one's "elegant" demeanor and countenance. It can also refer to having intentionally positioned oneself for something. The latter is the way I used it and in this case referring to "for an argument/fight/etc." I owe you no apology. Perhaps you might interest Miranda in extending one to someone/anyone.
Vesuvius

Post by Vesuvius » Tue Feb 04, 2003 12:27 am

And now you insult me by saying my English is not any good. As though Italians are incapable of speaking and writing good English. You have insulted all of Italy. Add an apology to Italy to your list of "People and Countries I Need To Apologize To."

And then you say that I "poised" myself "for an argument/fight/etc." What colossal nerve.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Tue Feb 04, 2003 2:33 am

Vesuvius ~

I owe you nothing.....and I certainly owe Italy no apology. I hear they have apologies on sale at Wal-Mart, however, so check it out and see how many you can pick up cheap in one fell swoop. Colossal nerve? To twist the words of another as you have is what constitutes colossal nerve, Vesuvius. I'm finished trying to explain myself, as it appears you've engaged in a game.....its seeming more likely now to be intentional "misconstruing." See if you can't locate another player, for it surely will not be me. At least I got the country right....good guess. Apparently nuances and usages/spellings of language leading to misunderstandings is perhaps a new concept for you. The country itself is irrelevant.....[now you can run with the use of that word used here]. It's the concept, again, Vesuvius, the concept.

Arrivederci, Vesuvius, your name well chosen.

~ Lizzytysh
Vesuvius

Post by Vesuvius » Tue Feb 04, 2003 4:09 am

I WIN!
Andrew McGeever

Post by Andrew McGeever » Tue Feb 04, 2003 4:31 am

I haven't visited the "Poetry For Forum Members" section for some time, and I am surprised that "Tunes and Flowers" has recently been the subject of so much vitriol between board members. Last year I thought it would disappear, gently, off the radar screen, having served its purpose, like "Mythologies and Orangies".
I cannot understand what this unholy spat has to do with anything I have written on this board.
Yours, confused,
Andrew.

P.S. I've also read the "Why do you post?" correspondence, and the same thing applies.
P.P.S. I would like Elizabeth's 1000th post to be addressed to me, and I will send her a poem in return.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Tue Feb 04, 2003 4:59 am

Boy, I guess you meant THAT, posting it twice....... :lol:

What kind of poem, Andrew? Not sure if I should reserve that slot or not.... :wink: . Write me a poem and I'll thank you in the thousandth 8) :) ~ degree and slot :wink: .
lizzytysh

V

Post by lizzytysh » Tue Feb 04, 2003 1:20 pm

:roll:
George Gordon

Post by George Gordon » Tue Feb 04, 2003 8:06 pm

Don't be so absurd, Andrew. This unholy spat (as you call it) has nothing to do with you or your poem. The rest of us find it halarious the way Vesuvius is using Tunes and Flowers to put Lizzytysh through the wringer.

And I am positive that you don't care a fig as long as Tunes and Flowers remains the top entry in the Poetry Section.
Andrew McGeever

Post by Andrew McGeever » Sat Feb 22, 2003 11:53 pm

Dear George,
You fell for it; I was the recipient of Elizabeth's 1000th post, and I re-read it while playing "A Thousand Kisses Deep". The only thing I gave "a fig " about was the mark of her message. "Tunes and Flowers" is in the past: your resurrection served no purpose, apart from posting a signal to Elizabeth that you may want to her to give you her 2000th message.
Keep posting, and may your writing be measured,
Andrew.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Sun Feb 23, 2003 1:22 am

Ah ~ here it is! Thanks, Andrew!

I couldn't recall where you'd made your request [now if I'd thought just a little bit longer :wink:]. Just to make the circle complete, yes, I did fulfill my part of the promise, in the Comments & Questions section; thread Topic: Birthday Thoughts for Lizzytysh and Tweets; Thursday, February 20, 2003, 6:07 PM; Subject: "This one's for you, Andrew ~ My 1000th Posting." :wink: :lol: Great idea, rereading it while listening to 1000 Kisses Deep. :D ~ it's what it's all about.

Now, if GG is still around, I suspect you may get a bit of "feedback" on your conjecture, but hey..... 8) .

Did I ever tell you how much I love this poem, Andrew? :wink: I truly do, and I feel it holds much significance with the war threads and commentary.

~ Elizabeth
Andrew McGeever

Post by Andrew McGeever » Sat Jun 05, 2004 11:22 pm

May 12th-20th this year saw the 60th anniversary of the Italian Campaign. It was centred around Monte Cassino. My big sister took my Dad back to where some of the toughest battles in W.W. 2 were fought.
He survived those battles, but was wounded a few months later, near Rimini.
My big sister had 200 copies of the poem and recited it to an audience of veterans from many countries. There weren't enough copies to go round.
My Dad took so much from the experience of "going back": he was 25 years old and disabled before he turned 26.
"Tunes and Flowers" reached Italy, thanks to my big sister (ie Dad's minder!) and will be published in various magazines/newsletters/formats on the strength of her reading.
It's D-Day tomorrow.....Dad was a D-Day Dodger......stuck in Italy, as were thousands of his comrades who stayed in Italy. May they rest in peace.
Andrew.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Sun Jun 06, 2004 5:48 am

I'm happy for you, Andrew, that your poem continues to live on for the Veterans. I'm glad that your sister and your Dad were able to share it this year, as you and your Dad did last year. It will go to even further reaches this time, thanks to your sister and the strength of the poem itself.

~ Elizabeth
Vesuvius

Post by Vesuvius » Sun Jun 06, 2004 6:28 am

Ciao World World II Veterans,

Thank you from this Italian. Thank you British and American soldiers who liberated us. I was not born yet but I thank you. You have liberated a continent. You were not cruel to us. You are a wonderful people. No matter what anyone says. You are good.

Vesuvius
Paula

Post by Paula » Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:16 pm

Ciao Ves - we owe so much to those brave men and women who gave so much to keep Europe free.

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”