Story C

This is for your own works!!!
LaurieAK

Story C

Post by LaurieAK »

STORY C ~~~ (tied for 2nd place w/story M)

411, 424, 69

Magically, in the 1960s I lived in the Chelsea Hotel.
Tragically, in October 1970 I died.

So, in ‘72 I was safe in Heaven,
As Lenny below spoke of ’67, when we were, ahem, dating.

And he did speak, sure he did. This ain't confidential. I was the whole damn explanation for one of his songs, he nailed me to the audience in Montreux in 1985.

All these years, all these numbers, but I guess you just want to know about the old 69, the notorious time we shared, that action “immoralized” in song.

Well, first I wanna tell ya’ there’s no sex up here where I live these days, let me warn y’all. Here’s my whether forecast for every one of ya’- whether we do have sex once we’re dead or whether we don’t- I can predict a long long dry period ahead . Head.

So I know what you want to know, and now you know I know, and I ain’t got no problem taking a nostalgia trip, none at all. It’s my pleasure, it sure *was* my pleasure.

What you really want to know about, what you want to hear is my take of that so-called relationship in 1967. Well, some of it anyway. Of course, you don’t want to know if I ever knocked on his damn door to borrow a cup of sugar, or if he ever brought my groceries in. And I can you tell for free he never took me home to meet his folk, “mum, dad, this is JJ, she sings the blues”. “Come in sweetheart, would you like some chicken soup?”. None of that shit happened.

In 1967 that man paid me sweet, sweet attention. And I made him stand to attention, know what I mean?

It wasn’t just that unmade bed,
we did it on the floor,
against the door,
3 times and more,
he left me raw
and I left him sore

Boy, I just gotta tell ya’ how I laughed when he wrote that Tower Of Song track, I don’t know about a golden voice but he sure had the gift of a golden tongue. Can I say that, are you shocked? Sue me.

We didn’t care in those days, if it moved then fuck it. You seriously think I couldn’t tell the difference between good ol’ Kris Kristofferson and Leonard Cohen. I don’t regret a second. Leonard called me “pretty lady” when we spoke in the elevator. As our Brit cousins would say he gave me a “lift in the lift”. My spirits rose. He didn’t seduce me and I didn’t seduce him, it was what we both wanted and , tell you the truth, what we both needed. Don’t swallow all the image, he weren’t always gentle, but he sure was always a Gentleman. (And you know a Gentleman swallows all, and a Lady swallows all as well.)

Anyway, those were the reasons and that was New York.

But, Lenny, I want to tell him one thing. That bit about us being ugly, that’s the only downer in my book. It never mattered then. I never thought about it that way. I’m not saying that, objectively, you’re wrong but we were hot, everyone in that place was hot. The scene was alive and yes we had the music.

And our secrets, our in-jokes in 1967, he can’t have forgotten them! I know he heard me along the corridor, when I was rehearsing. I had just started out singing with Big Brother and the Holding Company. Our first album, and that track “Down On Me” and my fans thought it was a real bluesy moan, even the rest of the group thought that too! They didn’t know any better.

“Looks like everybody in this whole world is down on me”. Ha ha, but I bet he realised what that song was really about, he was the smart one, “down on me, Lenny, you went down on me”, repeat, chorus, repeat.

Hell, we were good, we were great! And we were ordinary. It was way bigger than it was and it was way smaller also. It was better than everything else I ever did and not as good as anything else I ever did. I’m glad we did it and who cares. We are talking so long ago now. My memory ain’t getting any better.

I checked out my biog. the other day and at first glance I thought they had called me an “unusually pure heroine” but nah they were just describing the dose of H that did me in. Can you believe it, it’s 35 years ago that happened. I can’t tell you I’m sorry, I can’t tell you I cry for what could have been. I lived my life to the full, all bloody 27 years of it. And a little part included Mr. Leonard Cohen and I’ve tried to tell you what it was like living next to him at the Chelsea. I hope you found it interesting, Goddamn it, what the hell am I going to do with the prize for this story, if I win.

I ain’t exaggerated and I ain’t fabricated, I’ve tried to tell it how it was. He laid on me, I laid on him, now I’m laying it on you.

Now, to the folks reading this, I need your help. Will ya' send a message from me, to Lenny, say to him “hey! and good luck with your current troubles, you’ve been let down big time. Well, it seems to me that way. I wanted to ask a lawyer what he thought your chances were but I couldn’t find a damn single one up here. Ha, ha, ha, get outta here! Sorry, friend”.

Yeah, I remember you well in the Chelsea Hotel, that's all, I don't even think of you that often.

See you later, “won’t be too long ‘til you’re coming” ( that was your catch-phrase back then, wasn’t it).

Yours in eternal Rock and Roll,

Janis.
Fljotsdale

Post by Fljotsdale »

Hey! I just realised I missed this one!

And it's great! Fantastic! Oh yes! yes! yes!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Only just found this video of LC:
http://ca.youtube.com/user/leonardcohen?ob=4" target="_blank

This one does make me cry.
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Post by Byron »

Snow?

Racy pace, racy visions, raunchy authenticity. Spot on - G spot ?
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
mickey_one

Post by mickey_one »

Byron wrote:Snow?

just not his style at all. although I counted this entry had exactly 1000 words so it must have been written by someone horribly anal.
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Post by Byron »

mickey_one wrote:
Byron wrote:Snow?

just not his style at all. although I counted this entry had exactly 1000 words so it must have been written by someone horribly anal.
Well there we have it........G spot and anal in the same posting. All human life is here.

Albert !! fetch me my gold lame ostrich, that's a ostrich what's been painted gold, and had its left leg re-arranged.

Nothing kinky here.
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
Diane

Post by Diane »

The phrase "too much information" springs to mind :lol:.
Ali

Post by Ali »

Come on OWN UP, it is Brilliant!
mickey_one

Post by mickey_one »

Ali wrote:Come on OWN UP, it is Brilliant!
I think we must all respect the privacy and confidentiality of the author. My thesis here is that this delicate piece was composed by a particularly shy and inhibited young man. Perhaps for the first time ever in his short life he was able to express himself and join proper society even for a moment, even whilst remaining anonymous. To name this writer now may scare him back into hiding and we will all be poorer by the loss of such an outstanding talent.
Ali

Post by Ali »

Oh Bless :oops:
mickey_one

Post by mickey_one »

Ali wrote:Oh Bless :oops:
never you mind "bless", these are serious concerns to be taken is a seriously serious manner.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I think it's Pete ~ just look at all those numbers, twists, turns, and cleverness.

I don't care if it's Pete or not, though. I'm just glad to finally get Janis's side of the story. Good on you, Janis! Don't think of him that often, either ~ so there, Leonard :wink: !

Wonderful thinking and writing [but all those numbers...].

~ Lizzy
janj

Post by janj »

this is the poem I write, and I very glad second place. also I wrote this below post some days ago and this is even more interester if you read her careful.

"many imitate Cohen, happy and excellent Leonard. cohen really is terrific is clever too"
Alan Alda

Post by Alan Alda »

oH. Seems likely an underhanded ruse is exposed! I tell the judges, okay....very nicely story tellings.
janj

Post by janj »

Alan Alda wrote:oH. Seems likely an underhanded ruse is exposed! I tell the judges, okay....very nicely story tellings.
it has many years, Alan. I cry when no see you, now you come back, is strange, I also cry. you are small old actor now, yes?

you never really big star like Sylvia Stalonne or Claudette Van Damn but you Mashy person, funny and witty, many popular you with parent and grandparent.

but now time it pass like bad day rain and you only old and not funny. where it all go wrong you think?

life miserable now for Alan Alda this one and I sorry and other people all sorry as well same time.
janj

Post by janj »

Alan Alda wrote:oH. Seems likely an underhanded ruse is exposed! I tell the judges, okay....very nicely story tellings.
well, this is puzzle big and not small, Alan. some of your wording they spell out in first lettering the name Laurie. she an old lady who many years ago used come here to play now no-one know if she is sensible any the more or maybe with age now mad and silly, wearing knitted things and shouting out loud in supermarkets, shoutin' always shoutin'

many regards yourself

Janj

love's a universal reality in eternity, let's all unite reaching instant ecstasy,

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”