Story C

This is for your own works!!!
mickey_one

Post by mickey_one » Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:32 pm

Nan wrote:Are you saying that you wrote this story Mickey? I thought the author might be either Teratagen or Peter Danielsen. Especialy since you wrote (after the contest was over) that you had not entered the contest. And you wrote "Now I really feel pi**ed that I didn't enter."

So if you did write this? Why all the coyness? And deception?

And My opinion (no matter who wrote it) is still that the story is too predictable. Just as when a person begins to tell an obscene joke his/her listeners' mind race ahead, knowing that the punch line is going to be something "dirty". Hence, no real surprise, the listeners' expectations have already been met. Just my critique.
I have repeatedly stated that I believe Jarkko wrote this predictable load of old tosh that everyone hated.

Don't you worry about punchlines, chill out and enjoy the writing (obviously not of this effort but a far better one).

I hope you are entering the sculpture comp. and that your piece is clean and not smutty. We have standards to maintain here.

The goat? Knowing your keen sense of fun, I presumed your nic Nan was short for nanny goat. Sorry, if I was wrong.

On the other hand, applying your deep analysis of why knowing the general nature of an ending spoils a story I guess that's why jokes have never worked. I mean, a guy comes up to you, adopts a humourous stance and begiins to tell a funny story, it just gives it away that the punchline is going to be something funny. Hence, no real surprise, the listeners' expectations have already been met.

Bugger I was just off to watch a film which inludes several deaths in the first hour. It's just bound to turn out to be one of those comedies. I don't know why I bother.

The coyness is just my nature, it runs in my family Coys-R-Us. The deception- an effort to avoid the trolls jacking off in public.
Nan

Post by Nan » Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:54 pm

You may repeatedly "joke" that Jarkko wrote it. (How amusing, so very funny, so very clever, so predictable) I notice that you don't state that you are not the author. More coyness.

You always tell others to just say thank you when their work receives a critique. Instead of whining about it. I critiqued this story. So when are you going to thank me?

And in response to your edited post: You lied. You said in several posts that you did not enter the contest. So, it isn't coyness that runs in your family. It's lying.

And while we are on the subject of trolls. You called me a troll in public and "plonked" me. (Which didn't bother me a bit). And then you pm me to say that you've investigated and now know that I am not a troll. You offered a luke-warm apology. You call me a troll in public and apologize in private? Very manly of you.

If someone thinks your writing is not that great? doesn't make them a troll.
mickey_one

Post by mickey_one » Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:46 pm

hey, Nan. try not to spoil the fun here. I called you a troll once on this forum because I thought you behaved like one. but when I asked around there was a majority view that you aren't a troll, so I apologised. I had no idea if you received that pm as you didn't acknowledge it.

I don't enjoy your agression. And I certainly don't enjoy your hopeless inability to distinguish teasing and fun from "lying".

This is a forum for Leonard Cohen fans who like poetry. Don't get all Town Hall on me.

Troll or not, you resume your state of plonk for me. bye etc.
Fljotsdale

Post by Fljotsdale » Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:52 pm

I don't give a damn who wrote the story. I enjoyed it. :P
Only just found this video of LC:
http://ca.youtube.com/user/leonardcohen?ob=4" target="_blank

This one does make me cry.
mickey_one

Post by mickey_one » Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:53 pm

Fljotsdale wrote:I don't give a damn who wrote it. I enjoyed it. :P
and I like Harvey Nicks at the new Bull Ring.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:26 am

Ali ~

'Minor' correction: "Dialogue Of One Dead" ~ Glad you chose not to go with your title, for two reasons now. One is that you wrote the one you did. Two I'll leave up to you :) .

Great to see you in the Chatroom.

Love,
Lizzy
Ali

Post by Ali » Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:33 am

You too Lizzy :)
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:33 am

Michael ~

"Chuff" is what tigers do. I distinctly recall Jarkko not making that sound. Perhaps, it's something he only does in private.

~ Lizzy
Young dr. Freud

Post by Young dr. Freud » Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:46 am

Hey Nan,

Don't worry about little Mickey. He thinks he's the only one allowed to be aggressive on this forum. Well, he and his devoted servant Lizzytysh. So what if he plonks you. It's how he deals with anyone who differs with him. He asked to have me banned. That's how he deals with his jealousy.

YdF

P.S. You are right...Mickey is always predictable.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:50 pm

He thinks he's the only one allowed to be aggressive on this forum. Well, he and his devoted servant Lizzytysh.
As YdF reserves his own right to distorted vision and commentary. :wink:

Amidst the crowd of aggressors,
Your independent contractor,
Lizzy
Young dr. Freud

Post by Young dr. Freud » Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:31 pm

Lizzy,

Amidst the crowd of aggressors,
You are the Halliburton of contractors!

YdF
mickey_one

Post by mickey_one » Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:37 pm

lizzytysh wrote:Michael ~

"Chuff" is what tigers do. I distinctly recall Jarkko not making that sound. Perhaps, it's something he only does in private.

~ Lizzy
it would be wrong for me to disclose what noises our Captain makes in private.

but thinking about some of this thread and english/american usage I reckon "chuffed" is worth picking up. it means a bit tickled and chest out

regards

little mickey
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:29 am

YdF ~

Sorry you weren't awarded the contract :cry: . Maybe next war :idea: .

~ Lizzy
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:07 am

Personally, I feel gratified by this story. In a way, it seems almost a channeling has occurred. Any 'smutty' dialogue or references are better taken in the context of these people, and the reality of the prevalence of sex during that time. Neither made any bones about their interest in it. The exchanges are quite believable in the way they might relate, if interacting now, but in their past 'demeanors' ~ and neither have lost their senses of humour :lol: .

Still, in the interviews I've read and heard, Janis was no dummy. The wisdom exhibited in the point-counterpoint passage is reasonable, after this passage of time, spent in the upper realms. I feel better for finally having heard from Janis. The situation is finally in balance 8) .

~ Lizzy
Young dr. Freud

Post by Young dr. Freud » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:15 am

There's nothing worse then hearing from the dead. Especially when the dead have nothing original to say. It would have been better if there had been ringing bells, flying banjos and table rapping.

YdF

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”