Story B

This is for your own works!!!
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:59 pm

The For Sale sign went up and my Gypsy paid cash for a quick private sale, the house was registered in the Housekeepers name for tax purposes - and to keep away celeb stalkers, and Hello Magazine etc. So she was unaware it was actually LC's house she had purchased.
Well, you're right ~ a detail or two missing :wink: .

Ah! ~ So, it was a single house, of course! [of course?] I think I got it. [Did I get it?]

Thanks for explaining~! I got a little lost in there ~ two houses? two women? one a neighbour? one a housekeeper?

If I don't seem to have gotten it totally right, yet; please feel free to go further. Sleep's a little lacking these days ~ that's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it! [Anyone got some dissolvent?]

~ Lizzy
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:10 am

Hi Ali ~

I think it could've gotten too convoluted if you'd tried to really explain all that, and you sure couldn't chance taking it over the limit. It only became a problem when I started trying to sort the details :wink: .

The essence of it came at just the right point, with just the right element of surprize ~ and it worked. So, no need for explaining it true to taxes and all :D .

~ Lizzy :D
Young dr. Freud

Post by Young dr. Freud » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:40 am

Lizzy, Leonard put the house on the market after his housekeeper explained about the weird occurances. (He was probably thinking of moving somewhere sunnier anway :lol: )

The For Sale sign went up and my Gypsy paid cash for a quick private sale, the house was registered in the Housekeepers name for tax purposes - and to keep away celeb stalkers, and Hello Magazine etc. So she was unaware it was actually LC's house she had purchased.
From the story:
The Private Detective Agency gave me the wrong address.
So then, the Detective Agency gave the right address. Correct?

YdF
Diane

Post by Diane » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:05 pm

The way I read it, the narrator bought Leonard’s house, believing it was his next-door neighbour’s house. So the Detective Agency had given the wrong address. It seems quite clear to me. (But then, I do often read things wrongly - ask Byron :wink: .)

Diane
Ali

Post by Ali » Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:04 pm

Thanks Diane :lol:
Diane

Post by Diane » Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:42 pm

Dim problem o gwbyl, Ali. (“No probs at all.” I have been inspired to use a bit of Welsh by Rob’s reappearance :wink: .)
Nan

Post by Nan » Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:26 am

Congratualations Ali on your winning composition. Great imagination!
Joe Way

Post by Joe Way » Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:21 am

Hi Ali,

Very well done. Congratulations-it figures that someone who appreciates Christy Moore would have the sensibility to write a great story!

Joe
Ali

Post by Ali » Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:39 am

Thanks Nan :)
Thanks Joe, well, it took a man with brilliant taste in music to appreciate it :lol: :wink: - did you get the Man's new CD yet?
Tri-me

Post by Tri-me » Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:26 am

Congradulations on the story your award really opened doors for you in Hollywood.

Just signed a $19,000,000.00 deal with Warner Brothers. Thanks for infering that you would give me first option on this. Your cheque for 10% is in the mail. I have been advised to hire a screen writer. We need to make a few changes to your story, nothing that will take away from the original. You see they think it would be better if the main character shot her husband used a gun, more exciting than falling asleep with pills. We need to add more sex too. They are pretty firm on that.

We need a big name here. I am in brain storm mode right now. Ok here it goes. oh wait this is funny Kate Moss is trying to rescue her creeer, she phoned me earlier today, herself, poor desperate thing, but I told her no way. (we don't want a skinny woman do we) I was thinking Jennifer Tilly, she's a Canadian eh
http://www.actorsfund.org/PHOTOS/ALLABOUTEVE/tilly.jpg
For your first husband Randy from Trailer Park Boys he is looking to change his image and his pants.
http://brnation.d2sector.net/images/mov ... /randy.jpg
For your second husband Abe Vagoda
http://www.scottstander.com/Store/AbeVi ... goda-1.jpg
We will ask Mr. Cohen to do a cameo.
Wadda you think? Thanks for writing the story Ali and making me rich. We're still friends right, oh of course we are dollink. Write another story, a good writer writes everyday right? HA HA that is a writes's joke, you can use it now because you are an award winning writer now. NO I MEAN IT I told them you had a compuer full of stories like this, I locked you in, you need to come up with at least 3 new stories by the end of next week, I told them you were on vacation and that we will deal three at a time so actually you only need two stories, should make you feel better. See my talent as a negotiater you were all freaked out WHAT THREE STORIES!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no you only need two more, then three a month for the next six months. Don't worry you can do it, you will be a millionaire, trust me. I am so glad we are friends and that you are so talented, keep in touch AND KEEP WRITING.
Cheers & DLight
Tri-me (tree-mite) Sheldrön
"Doorhinge rhymes with orange" Leonard Cohen
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:34 pm

:wink: I just saw this, Tri-me :lol: . Why didn't Ali respond? I don't understand.
Ali

Post by Ali » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:33 pm

Gosh, all those stars of international renown! And you are sure Tri-me that they are all queueing to appear in the Holywood version of my story :) :?:

The other 3 stories are nearing completion and my sculpure is nearing readiness for entry so am being kept stretched artisticly at the moment.

Thank you so much my Darling Agent <just post the cheque> and USE YOUR SHARE OF THE ROYALTIES TO JOIN US IN BERLIN! :)
ALI
X
"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilage it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to live." ....... Marcus Aurelius

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”