Short story judging stuff....

This is for your own works!!!
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Andrew ~

Then, I guess we'll await the vote :lol: ~ as ghostly as it appears to be :wink: .

~ Elizabeth
Nan

Post by Nan »

Laurie,

Great job by you and the other judges. I didn't enter. Couldn't come up with a single idea. But I am enjoying the efforts by those who did. I intend to read them all.
LaurieAK

Post by LaurieAK »

HI Nan~

Thanks for your kind words. And most of all thanks for reading and commenting on the stories. Folks put alot of effort into them as you can tell. Feedback means alot and can be very helpful to authors of stories or poems. So taking time to comment on them is Grrrreat!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okey doke...I am playing a bit of catchup on this 'how should the reveal be done' thread.

First off, just because I have been a judge doesn't give my opinion any more weight than anyone else's-just in case that comes up...

I can't get specific about all that has been said previous to this.

Generally, it was determined that EACH story/poem should have their own thread.
It turns into a jumbled mess (IMHO) when everyone is commenting and reading on the same thread about multiple pieces.

As for the revealing of winner and authors in general, it is just a matter of what works best for the most. So getting as many opinions on this as possible would really help set the stage for the future.

gotta run,
L
Fljotsdale

Post by Fljotsdale »

Imo, it would probably be best to post the offerings in a competition at least a week prior to announcing the authors, and it should be made clear that authours should keep their mouths shut about their own work until after the official posting - which should be a listing in a separate thread.

Not that I'm trying to dictate or anything... I'm just a poor little control freak who can't help herself. :cry:

:lol:
Only just found this video of LC:
http://ca.youtube.com/user/leonardcohen?ob=4" target="_blank

This one does make me cry.

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”