Leonard Cohen

Poll ended at Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:28 pm

I love ALL his work because HE COULD DO NO WRONG
80%
I love ALL his work except for Bird on a Wire
No votes
I love ALL his work except for Bird on a Wire and Jazz Police
10%
I not only love ALL his work but I think he was a great geezer (Apart from his writing of Bird on a Wire)
10%

Total votes: 10
solongleonard

Vital Leonard Cohen Polish Hereditary

Post by solongleonard »

Hello, I know this place gets very busy. I thought I would slow it all done to pose the poser that has posed anguish for Cohen students over the years.

Thank you for your participation in the Vital Leonard Cohen Poll.
Last edited by solongleonard on Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
solongleonard

Re: Vital Leonard Cohen Poll

Post by solongleonard »

Overwhelming vote pro Cohen's good geezerness, plus a complete condemnation of that damn Bird dirge.

I guess it's early days and the clear view expressed by his Fan could yet change a little
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Looks like there is some competition.
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

I note the dramatic change in Voting Figures! Soft option1 has doubled its popularity and the controversial pronouncement has now DRAWN EQUAL with the fine common sense of Option 4!

Wow! Who ever could have foreseen this realignment of judgment?!
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

I would like to vote for option >5, but that option seems to have fallen off the Wire.

Me, I, Myself.
Too much Leonard Cohen is never enough.
London 1972, Adelaide 1980, 1985, 2009
Sydney 2010; Adelaide 2010
Sydney 2013 X2; Melbourne 2013; Adelaide 2013
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

me and a couple of others cast our votes in the middle of the night while you slept.
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

I know that as Jarkko has installed spyware that allows the Poll Captain to watch anyone vote. He refuses to allow me to alter the voting, DAMN which means I am bound to be a Loser.

However, it did allow me to confirm the rumours of your rather exotic nightwear, Tux and BowTie. I was disappointed to see that your beloved Teddy is pink not blue. I guess you are from the earlier era where blue was the girl's colour, and pink for real Men.

Geoffrey, I am so ashamed but I have forgotten the name of Teddy! Please remind me
Last edited by solongleonard on Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

AlanM wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:02 pm I would like to vote for option >5, but that option seems to have fallen off the Wire.

Me, I, Myself.

Students of psephology may like to note that the 5th Option was, in one of his final moves as President, proposed by Trump.

It read "Bird on a Wire is a beautiful song, and I am going to change it, just the words and the tune, whilst Sleepy Joe is wearing a Giant Face Mask so large you can't even see him. He says he won the Election when everyone knows that it was a Landslide Victory for me and in our great country Democracy is coming and Mexico will pay for it."
LyricsDecrypter

Post by LyricsDecrypter »

I do like the text, and this cover https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TKDMiyRmbik
but I don‘t know all of LCs work yet.... oh my goodness, what am I to vote for?!
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

LyricsDecrypter wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:21 pm I do like the text, and this cover https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TKDMiyRmbik
but I don‘t know all of LCs work yet.... oh my goodness, what am I to vote for?!

Vote for Sanity VOTE FOR TRUMP

Vote tor a rational approach to Life VOTE FOR TRUMP

Vote for just another brick in the wall VOTE FOR TRUMP

Vote for Stories of The Street, Avalanche, Famous Blue Raincoat, Dress Rehearsal Rag
SOME PEOPLE NEVER GO CRAZY.
WHAT TRULY HORRIBLE LIVES
THEY MUST LEAD
LisaLCFan

Re: How vital, Leonard Cohen Poll?

Post by LisaLCFan »

There are 30,281 registered users of this forum*, nine of whom have voted thus far. This is certainly a happening place!

*approximately 1,376 of those registered users are actually pseudonyms of solongleonard. Thus, theoretically, it could have been he who cast all nine votes in his own poll.
AlanM

Re: How vital, Leonard Cohen Poll?

Post by AlanM »

LisaLCFan wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:13 am There are 30,281 registered users of this forum*, nine of whom have voted thus far. This is certainly a happening place!

*approximately 1,376 of those registered users are actually pseudonyms of solongleonard. Thus, theoretically, it could have been he who cast all nine votes in his own poll.
Oh, NO!
Please tell me that Geoffrey is not Solong in disguise.

A
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

AlanM wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:54 am ...Oh, NO!
Please tell me that Geoffrey is not Solong in disguise...

Don't worry, I believe that they are two separate entities. I also believe that Geoffrey has a few pseudonyms around here, too.

Mind you, I've never personally met nor even spoken (verbally) to either of them -- nothing but typed online communication. I suppose it could be a very clever and elaborate hoax: occasionally posting pictures of two different guys, seeming to have two such different writing styles, aptitudes, interests, personalities, etc. ... Hmm, maybe you're onto something, Alan.

Come to think of it, how do you know that I'm not him/them, and how do I know that you're not? ;-)
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

LisaLCFan wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:09 am
Come to think of it, how do you know that I'm not him/them, and how do I know that you're not? ;-)
How do I know that I'm not?

A
smarcu

Post by smarcu »

LisaLCFan wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:09 am
AlanM wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:54 am ...Oh, NO!
Please tell me that Geoffrey is not Solong in disguise...

Don't worry, I believe that they are two separate entities. I also believe that Geoffrey has a few pseudonyms around here, too.

Mind you, I've never personally met nor even spoken (verbally) to either of them -- nothing but typed online communication. I suppose it could be a very clever and elaborate hoax: occasionally posting pictures of two different guys, seeming to have two such different writing styles, aptitudes, interests, personalities, etc. ... Hmm, maybe you're onto something, Alan.

I Know Geoffery personly & such a thing he wouldnot dream to do, not devius like Saloonleonard. Read mark 5:9

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”