I rarely write no more, me

This is for your own works!!!
LisaLCFan

Please write more, you

Post by LisaLCFan »

solongleonard wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:02 pm ACCIDENTALLY DELETED ORIGINAL POST, DAMN...

Damn, indeed. I thought it was rather fun -- I find your eccentric sense of humour to be an excellent (albeit temporary) antidote to many of life's ills.
solongleonard

I rarely write back, more a centre half Bobby Moore, me

Post by solongleonard »

My pen-is mightier than a sword. "Do you want the photo of the Happy Couple mounted?".

"No, just holding hands is good enough".
SOME PEOPLE NEVER GO CRAZY.
WHAT TRULY HORRIBLE LIVES
THEY MUST LEAD
LisaLCFan

Re: I rarely write the same thing twice, me

Post by LisaLCFan »

solongleonard wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:35 pm ..."Do you want the photo of the Happy Couple mounted?".

"No, just holding hands is good enough".

Would you think that I am being pedantic if I were to point out that you told this same joke earlier in this thread (Page 5, 4 July 2020, subject "You rarely writhe no more, you")? Some people might find such an observation to be annoying.
solongleonard

Re: I rarely write no more, me

Post by solongleonard »

well done for not unhyphenating and then understanding the earlier part of that post.

the reason for my reference to that joke, already told by Gordon, was to show her we applaud her smooth transition into Sally. I wanted the revamp to be implicitly accepted without discussion. I loved her as Gordon, and I love him just as much as Sally now. It's a shame you turned a private matter into a pubic one but perhaps you secretly have a hidden a gender?
THEY MUST LEAD
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

solongleonard wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:55 pm well done for not unhyphenating and then understanding the earlier part of that post.

the reason for my reference to that joke, already told by Gordon, was to show her we applaud her smooth transition into Sally. I wanted the revamp to be implicitly accepted without discussion. I loved her as Gordon, and I love him just as much as Sally now. It's a shame you turned a private matter into a pubic one but perhaps you secretly have a hidden a gender?
sometimes i wonder if people are completely compos mentis ;-)
-----------------------------------
". . . and he has lit the chain of his famous cigarillo"
live songs 1973.jpg
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

solongleonard wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:55 pm well done for not unhyphenating and then understanding the earlier part of that post...

I do try to ignore some of your more puerile remarks, thus I choose not to dignify them with a response. :neutral:
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Nice "Live Songs" portrait, Geoffrey! I like the colours -- fittingly cool hues for Leonard's cool expression.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

LisaLCFan wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:07 am Nice "Live Songs" portrait, Geoffrey! I like the colours -- fittingly cool hues for Leonard's cool expression.
thank you, lisa - this means a lot to me. i wish you well, and hope the remainder of your life is long, and happy, regardless of whether we are living in a simulation or not. the reason jesus is sitting on a throne in heaven is likely because he wants everyone to know how special he is - how meek is that ;-)

https://www.mypineal.com/watch?v=DbgcLT8PROu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkbUzfT ... ciNewsroom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBRBSJz ... ciNewsroom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuD34tE ... ScienceABC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0WjV6M ... nomyCorner
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Geoffrey wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:35 pm
sometimes i wonder if people are completely compos mentis ;-)
-----------------------------------
". . . and he has lit the chain of his famous cigarillo"
live songs 1973.jpg
Good to see you back among us, Geoffrey. I hope your leg is now functioning well. I also love your latest portrait.
I try to comment here to encourage you to continue sharing your talent with us and let you know you have an audience. However, if we are looking and seeing, rather than listening, should your fans be better described as a vidience?
BTW, did you mean to leave the t off the end of compost?

Alan
Too much Leonard Cohen is never enough.
London 1972, Adelaide 1980, 1985, 2009
Sydney 2010; Adelaide 2010
Sydney 2013 X2; Melbourne 2013; Adelaide 2013
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

and was it deliberate to misspell "mentos" a chewy mint so superior to trebor, but both hopelessly inferior to the black and white licorice, a bag of which arrive at my castle this morning and will form the main course for today, carpe diet.
THEY MUST LEAD
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

solongleonard wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:16 am and was it deliberate to misspell "mentos" a chewy mint so superior to trebor, but both hopelessly inferior to the black and white licorice, a bag of which arrive at my castle this morning and will form the main course for today, carpe diet.
I thought that carpe was a fish, not licorice.
No need to be Koi about it.

Is your castle called “Bailey of the Rumpole”?
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

AlanM wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:30 am
solongleonard wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:16 am and was it deliberate to misspell "mentos" a chewy mint so superior to trebor, but both hopelessly inferior to the black and white licorice, a bag of which arrive at my castle this morning and will form the main course for today, carpe diet.
I thought that carpe was a fish, not licorice.

Is your castle called “Bailey of the Rumpole”?
Carp is not a fish, why did you say that?

Carp was clearly an antifishitic smelly dish maliciously offered every Christmas for 10 years at my beloved Polish ex's parents' home. Maybe my graceless annual refusal to even try it was the mained reasoning we finally splitter. Who knowses it?

This here place, (you are either forum of against um) is my bailiwick. Let us not speak of work ever, EVER. 2 long phone conferences already over this morning and only 6 more hours to go today on **** my priorities are

1. to continue eating the licorice sandwiches, until I'm baili (Scottish cockney, for "sick")

2. to slow-cook a slow chicken, along with lazy potatoes, fatigued Brussell sprouts, sleepy carrots, indolent leek, and knackered peas.

3. exorcise my weight gain on the exorcise bike

4. not work ever again

5. finish some overdue work
THEY MUST LEAD
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

HOW DARE YOU?
Oops, caps lock stuck on and predictive text shuffled in. Sorry.
What I meant to write was: How are you?

Normally you are so precise in your use of the Scottish language.
Surely if "baili" is in fact rhyming Scottish cockney slang for sick, it should be taken a step further and be something like: 's Irish Cream. Or maybe you misspelled it, leaving off the final i.
So, I am so concerned about your health and whether or not (Knott?) you are still hallucinating. You might even be imagining that I have written this.

Also you wrote 6 more hours to go today and then only listed 5 things on your to (maybe) do list. How did you amuse yourself in the 6th hour? Mathematics would appear to be a bit of a struggle currently.

I truly hope you get well soon and return to your normal witty repartee.

p.s. Was Bobby Moore the best player never to play for Chelsearsenal United Hotspur?
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

solongleonard wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:09 pm
This here place, (you are either forum of against um) is my bailiwick. ...

1. to continue eating the licorice sandwiches, until I'm baili (Scottish cockney, for "sick")
Greetings, Solong,
I have good news for you, lad.
I have taken an extended crash course in Henriettamology to check your postulate of the derivation of 'baili' being Scott's whiskey for 'sick'. I can see where you went wrong in assuming that it was rhyming slang, when it is so obvious that it is not (bailiwick ==> sick).
The true clue of the demeaning of baili is in the word itself. It is in fact a word within a word.
i.e. baili ==> ail as in "what ails you, Jimmy?" Or "That must be a terrible ailment you have".
According to my English Grandma, the descriptive terminology is Matryoshka {that's your actual Russian} referring to a doll within a doll. An alternate term is a Kangaroo word {that's yer actual Orstralian} referring to a critter within a critter.
Ail, as a Scotch word, was initially made famous in the song " I is ailing" by the next King of Scotland, R Stewart. (R = Rex, of course).

No need to thank me, spreading my knowledge and wisdom to the younger generations is its own reward.

Alan
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

Helen, I suspected from the start that you are what we used to call a Nippy Sweetie, more Jimmy Boyle than Jimmy Stewart. But that's quite ok. I have a sweet image of you playing on the family patch of grass. whilst your nanna knitted porridge on the porch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_cZAgg ... =ChortleUK

in !986 Arnold played at my first wedding party, at a pub on Baker Street, £20.

For my 90th Birthday party, in 2003, me 50, 2nd wife 40, 2 days later, he played in a big marquee we put up in our garden.

I wonder if dear Arnold, "I'm Scottish and I'm Jewish, 2 stereotypes for the price of one", is available next week for my 67th.
THEY MUST LEAD

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”