never-ending gallery

This is for your own works!!!
LisaLCFan

Re: never-ending gallery

Post by LisaLCFan » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:29 am

B4real wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:42 am
... [1] "this occurs to a different extent in the left and the right [of the] spinal cord..."

... [2] maybe the doctor knows :)

1. That would have made for a less satisfying joke.

2. I'm afraid that I'm not that kind of doctor!
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:07 pm

"reality is one of the possibilities i cannot afford to ignore"
freehand.jpg
"i'd like to tell my story, before i turn into gold"
lonesome hero.jpg
"if i knew where the good songs came from i'd go there more often. it's a mysterious condition - much like the life of a catholic nun - you're married to a mystery"
mystery.jpg
MaryB

Post by MaryB » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:37 am

Geoffrey,
I LOVE this second one. And, yes, I am one of those that don't always post on this thread, but know that I am watching.......
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:48 pm

MaryB wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:37 am
Geoffrey,
I LOVE this second one. And, yes, I am one of those that don't always post on this thread, but know that I am watching.......
thank you, mary. most of these pictures are undisciplined, hastily created. explain it those who can, but totally unsuitable lines and shapes are occasionally thrown more or less haphazardly into a picture - just seems so crazy. yet when it's done a slight hint of leonard's soul can still be seen climbing through the mess. i am of the opinion that this has very little to do with me.

the hoped-for liberty failed to materialise, but i at least have now better access to a computer - and there is a real likelihood of freedom in the first half of the coming week. rest assured, my first expedition will be to the vinmonopolet. meanwhile, here is a profile showing the precise contours of leonard's face.
data profile.jpg
its4inthemorning

Post by its4inthemorning » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:04 pm

G,

Where does "reality is one of the possibilities I cannot afford to ignore" come from?

2010 DECEMBER 10 - CAESARS COLOSSEUM, LAS VEGAS / 2012 SEPTEMBER 28 - L'OLYMPIA, PARIS
2012 OCTOBER 3 - PALAU SANT JORDI, BARCELONA / 2012 DECEMBER 13 - K-ROCK CENTRE, KINGSTON
2013 APRIL 6 - RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL, NEW YORK CITY / 2013 JULY 9 - PIAZZA NAPOLEONE, LUCCA
2017 NOVEMBER 4-8 - MONTREAL "TOWER OF SONG" CELEBRATION - RIP, YOU GOT ME SINGING!
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:44 pm

its4inthemorning wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:04 pm
G,

Where does "reality is one of the possibilities I cannot afford to ignore" come from?

halfway down
https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes ... nard_Cohen
its4inthemorning

Post by its4inthemorning » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:30 pm

Thanks..."Beautiful Losers." Would have thought that line would have stayed with me when I read it, but it is not even marked in my notes. Another reason to stop by here now and then!

2010 DECEMBER 10 - CAESARS COLOSSEUM, LAS VEGAS / 2012 SEPTEMBER 28 - L'OLYMPIA, PARIS
2012 OCTOBER 3 - PALAU SANT JORDI, BARCELONA / 2012 DECEMBER 13 - K-ROCK CENTRE, KINGSTON
2013 APRIL 6 - RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL, NEW YORK CITY / 2013 JULY 9 - PIAZZA NAPOLEONE, LUCCA
2017 NOVEMBER 4-8 - MONTREAL "TOWER OF SONG" CELEBRATION - RIP, YOU GOT ME SINGING!
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey » Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:03 am

its4inthemorning wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:30 pm
Thanks..."Beautiful Losers." Would have thought that line would have stayed with me when I read it, but it is not even marked in my notes. Another reason to stop by here now and then!

it was primarily through leonard's literature (novels, poetry and prose) that i took an interest in his work, and have most of it digitised. my first hard copy of 'beautiful losers' is in such a fragile state, pages scribbled over by myself and others, including leonard and a couple of his girlfriends, that it is no longer fit to use. bought a better and newer edition in an oslo bookstore earlier this year. some people who have lead sheltered lives hate that novel because of the filthy language, but not me :-)

it's always encouraging to learn that you or other people around the world find reasons to stop by. unless a person is using a proxy server, their ISP address reveals the location from where they are posting :-)
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:15 am

geoffrey is free !!! :-) pizza, black coffee - then home with a bottle of my favourite wine :-) . life is sweet !
-------------
"i get up in the morning, i say my prayers - but don't put that down; i don't want to sound like a sissy" ['canadian forum' -aug/sep '83]
coffee & pen.jpg
AlanM

Post by AlanM » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:22 am

Hooray!!

Alan
Too much Leonard Cohen is never enough.
London 1972, Adelaide 1980, 1985, 2009
Sydney 2010; Adelaide 2010
Sydney 2013 X2; Melbourne 2013; Adelaide 2013
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:27 pm

AlanM wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:22 am
Hooray!!

Alan
hooray indeed, alan. this week has been filled with friends, but at last i have an evening alone. just me, a glass of chardonnay - and some chocolate filled mint candies :-)
marianne.jpg
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:19 pm

I've never been able to enjoy drinking wine from a box. It seems to take all the fun out of the experience: I absolutely love the activity of removing the cork and that wonderful "pop" sound it makes. It is even somewhat enjoyable to remove a screw-top (if that's what there is), which makes a satisfying cracking sound when the seal is broken. And then, there is the bottle itself -- it has such an elegant shape, and there is something lovely about pouring a glass of wine from a bottle: there is the visual element (one can see the wine in the bottle -- most bottles, anyway), there is the sound it makes as it flows out of the bottle and into the glass, etc..

I have always found these various rituals and sensory aspects to be integral to my overall experience and enjoyment of having a glass of wine (or two...): it becomes an event, a special occasion, something to savour. For me, pressing a spigot on a box completely fails to capture the magic of the moment, and thus drinking wine becomes as lacklustre as having a glass of water from the tap.

Of course, as "they" "say" these days, YMMV.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:46 am

i know what you mean, lisa. i have licked the edges of three king-sized rizlas to make a decent paper bed, adding a little mattress of tobacco, broken the corner from a soap-sized slab of gorgeous red leb, softened it by placing it into a teaspoon with a match beneath, crumbled a generous line of the resin onto the mattress, rolled and sealed the giant joint, inserting a roach mouthpiece, twisted the other end into a point to prevent loose tobacco falling out, then sat back, fired the thing up and passed it around while listening to 'piper at the gates of dawn'. as much as i enjoyed pulling on that R101-shaped creation, the atmosphere with the red lightbulb, the insane chatter - it was actually the ritual of making the joint, the anticipation, the thought of breaking the law, the overture to complete relaxation that was the real magnet :-)
pe swijngedouw

Post by pe swijngedouw » Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:46 am

LisaLCFan wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:19 pm
I've never been able to enjoy drinking wine from a box. It seems to take all the fun out of the experience: I absolutely love the activity of removing the cork and that wonderful "pop" sound it makes. It is even somewhat enjoyable to remove a screw-top (if that's what there is), which makes a satisfying cracking sound when the seal is broken. And then, there is the bottle itself -- it has such an elegant shape, and there is something lovely about pouring a glass of wine from a bottle: there is the visual element (one can see the wine in the bottle -- most bottles, anyway), there is the sound it makes as it flows out of the bottle and into the glass, etc..

I have always found these various rituals and sensory aspects to be integral to my overall experience and enjoyment of having a glass of wine (or two...): it becomes an event, a special occasion, something to savour. For me, pressing a spigot on a box completely fails to capture the magic of the moment, and thus drinking wine becomes as lacklustre as having a glass of water from the tap.

Of course, as "they" "say" these days, YMMV.
Ever tried drinking wine out of a black glass? A very interesting way of drinking, when all you can rely on is the taste of the wine, and your nose. Forget about color, thickness, structure, reflections of candlelight in your glass, sweetness/irritation of the shape of the bottle/box ; no worries about what wine to drink with what kind of meat, etc., only the taste of the drink. Good luck
... precisely ...
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan » Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:27 am

pe swijngedouw wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:46 am
...Ever tried drinking wine out of a black glass? A very interesting way of drinking, when all you can rely on is the taste of the wine, and your nose...

I do have some wine glasses that are not transparent, and I quite like them -- not because I cannot see the wine, but because they are really groovy wine glasses! That is yet another thing for me to enjoy when I drink wine -- the selection of the glass and thus the various visual and tactile sensations that I get from it.

And of course, in addition to the glass itself, as well as enjoying the ritual of opening and pouring the wine as described previously, I actually very much enjoy the wine itself, quite significantly, in fact! Ultimately, the wine itself is the best part of the experience (unless it is a really poor bottle!), but one can still enjoy every little moment leading up to and surrounding the actual drinking and savouring of the wine, can't one? Living each moment to the fullest, and all that? :D

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”