never-ending gallery

This is for your own works!!!
Geoffrey

Re: never-ending gallery

Post by Geoffrey » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:29 am

"the real weapons of mass destruction are the hardened hearts of humanity" - leonard cohen
real weapons.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey » Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:21 pm

happy & peaceful holidays to everyone. thank you for coming here :-)
peace.jpg
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:36 pm

Geoffrey wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:21 pm
happy & peaceful holidays to everyone. thank you for coming here :-)

Same to you, Geoffrey, and thanks for sharing all your great pictures! I always enjoy dropping in to see what's new!

The best I can offer for a holiday-themed picture is a peace lily. All the best to everyone!
Lisa LC Fan paints a Peace Lily (small).jpg
B4real

Post by B4real » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:26 am

Thanks for your latest images and words, Geoffrey and Lisa 8)
They reminded me of what I posted two years ago at this time of the year and I couldn't resist adding it here because we always need more peace in the world - https://www.leonardcohenforum.com/viewt ... 27#p368129

It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:21 am

Thank you, Bev, that's really lovely, and the Leonard Cohen touches are great!

Take care!
Lisa
B4real

Post by B4real » Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:24 am

Nice of you to say that, Lisa!
I had fun designing it :D
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey » Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:15 am

"the fact that i've been described as somebody who's religious is really embarrassing, because my life has been filled with violations of this moral universe - so i'm not a very good example of a religious person."
religious person.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey » Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:18 pm

thank you to violet, bev and lisa for the lovely notices, pictures and attention. i am so honoured! if i had even a fraction of the ability to project such warmth in a message as the three of you, i would be blessed. i can never think of very much to say.

a hospital is where i have been, and the doctor was from somalia. he liked it not at all when i mentioned pirates, but i was just doing the same as him, calmly building an emotional doctor-patient relationship, engaging in small-talk so that he would feel comfortable. it's all false, of course, neither of us had any interest in the other on a personal level. it's just to make one relax, although it only works properly if one believes the interest is genuine - otherwise it has only entertainment value.

celtic music awakens special associations, violet, as i grew up (aged 3-15) in south wales. observing the dancers and singers at a ceilidh was a regular delight; these young eyes and ears absorbed every detail, whether on the village green if the weather was fine or inside the church hall if wet. so many memories, not all good. but let me not tire you by engaging in frivolous small-talk once more. i just wanted to say i hurt my leg in an accident, that was all.

strange coincidence that late yesterday evening i watched 'the nightingale' (2018), long and moving film, deservedly won several accolades, includes a little celtic music. if anyone here gets the opportunity to see it, don't - unless you have as strong a constitution as myself, and can tolerate some real nasty bits. many people forget that it's all false, just acting, just people role playing, pretending. many people fall into the trap of actually believing it's real, but i have always been careful to avoid mind manipulation, they do not manage to trick me so easily. it was a lady called jennifer kent who made it, not a man.

not sure what to do now. i'm not even slightly tired. a lovely treat for me to be so bored that i cannot think of anything to think about. it's like sinking into one of those infinite 'who created the creator' wormholes, searching for the source of time dilation. i know it's a mindless thing to say, and this maybe is connected to the so-called 'dunning kruger effect', but people who say it's hard to not think about something are far from empty-headed numbskulls who have failed to ignore incoming thoughts. i think they know that a single thought in a blank brain can explode, a miniature big bang that destroys the blissful nothing that they had.

"have mercy on our uniform, man of peace, man of war . . ."
peacock.jpg
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:25 pm

Geoffrey wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:18 pm
[1]...i just wanted to say i hurt my leg in an accident...

[2]...late yesterday evening i watched 'the nightingale' (2018), ...many people forget that it's all false, just acting, just people role playing, pretending. many people fall into the trap of actually believing it's real...
1. Terribly sorry to hear about your accident -- I hope you'll be okay, and I wish you a speedy recovery!

2. I read the synopsis of that film -- it sounds very disturbing, and not at all my idea of a good way to spend time, and so I will most definitely not watch it.

"Many people" actually believe that movies are real? Really? Where do you get these ideas? You are so full of... odd ideas about other people (or, you know a lot of total f*cking morons, or both). :roll:

I love the peacock!
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:12 am

thank you for your concern, lisa. the accident happened 11 days ago. what i believed to be black necrotic tissue turned gradually a bright red colour, and is now a flaming pink - so there is reason to be optimistic :-) . the antibiotica and painkillers seem to have had unpleasant side effects on my body, and my facial tic has returned with a vengeance after being almost dormant for a while - but that will hopefully recede again as i get better and the mental stress subsides.

good to hear you will not see 'the nightingale'. it is a very well made film, quite excellent in fact, but not for everyone. yes, i do have 'morons' in my circle, as well as intelligent and creative people. everyone plays a fascinating role in the social circle of this unquenchable student of human nature.

the peacock? i am so glad you found it pleasing to the eye, lisa. it took me ages, over an hour, i think, and, as an astute person such as yourself may have guessed, is a sort of visual metaphor for the 'big bang'. that is what i was thinking about at the time, god asking himself "from where did i come?" and all the galaxies hurtling away from one another. i used simple 'tusj', which i believe you call 'marking pens'(?)
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:37 pm

Geoffrey wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:12 am
the peacock... is a sort of visual metaphor for the 'big bang'. ...

Mythology has always been a big inspiration for art! ;-)

As for "tusj" -- they go by many names here, depending on who you talk to, but I usually call them "felt pens", even if that is not the norm (I actually don't know what the norm is here -- I have never done a survey).
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:13 pm

LisaLCFan wrote:
>As for "tusj" -- they go by many names here, depending on who you talk to, but I usually call them "felt pens", even if that is not the norm (I actually don't know what the norm is here -- I have never done a survey).

i have, now you come to mention it, heard of 'felt tip pens'. in 'pulp fiction', the scene where uma thurman is about to get a shot of adrenaline in her heart, john travolta calls it a 'magic marker'.
https://youtu.be/ZOoJoTAXDPk
----------------------------------------------------
"if you're a poet let other people call you a poet. i would never call myself a poet, it's not a good title any more, you can hardly get a date"
the odds are there to beat.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:10 pm

LisaLCFan wrote:
>Same to you, Geoffrey, and thanks for sharing all your great pictures! I always enjoy dropping in to see what's new! The best I can offer for a holiday-themed picture is a peace lily. All the best to everyone!

that is one of the most beautiful peace lilies i've seen. thank you! :-)
---------------------------------
Leonard Cohen wrote:
>i don't recommend losing everything as a spiritual discipline, but if it happens to you there are some features that are quite surprising, and quite nourishing.
raven.jpg
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:30 am

Geoffrey wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:10 pm
that is one of the most beautiful peace lilies i've seen. thank you! :-)...

Glad you liked it! It was fun to paint.

2020 is nearly here. Let's hope it brings peace and joy and all that stuff. See you around, and cheers!
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:23 pm

LisaLCFan wrote:
>Glad you liked it! It was fun to paint.

i liked it very much, as indeed i like your 'fun' attitude towards painting. the day it stops being that way is the day i stop.
thank you for making this thread so successful, lisa. there always seems to be a spike in the number of hits whenever your name appears anywhere in this forum.
may you have a good 2020! :-)
------------------------------
leonard cohen said in an interview:
>i don't think that a writer needs to have anything to say, it's the 𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒕𝒊𝒕𝒆 to have something to say that's important.
appetite.jpg

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”