never-ending gallery

This is for your own works!!!
B4real

Re: never-ending gallery

Post by B4real »

Ah Geoffrey, I am taken with the B&W "disguised" drawing because it's different and well thought out!
…. I know you're going to say it only took you a short amount of time to do and I can see that it did ;-)

The coloured painting you posted on 13 Jan is most compelling! It's my favourite so far in this thread.

It's a great idea to have a never ending gallery!
But no pressure here from me - just post them when you feel like it.
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

thank you for the messages, mostly females, it seems. the kindness i am shown, the eloquence, warmth and generosity of women, intimidates me. i don't know what to say. joan burnt at rouen, young mary impregnated without her consent, and then there's hypatia the attractive bookworm, eyes gouged out, body smashed with roof tiles, skin flayed with seashells, limbs dismembered and dragged triumphantly across alexandria. sagan said if you want to make an apple pie from scratch, first you have to invent the universe. i am male, a beast at the feast, table prepared by anne boleyn, ruth ellis and marie antoinette. if history had produced more lorena bobbitts we would not be in this mess.
lcoh.jpg
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

I've noticed that in the portraits of Leonard as an old man, his expression often seems to convey a happy peacefulness, compared to the much more common emotionally intense visage of his younger self. I am glad that he seems to have found traquillity later in life, which apparently eluded him for so long (at least, from what I've read and heard of him).

I suppose I would wish the same for everyone. Being shackled by the anguish of ceaseless adeolescence must be dreadful.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

LisaLCFan wrote:
>I've noticed that in the portraits of Leonard as an old man, his expression often seems to convey a happy peacefulness, compared to the much more common emotionally intense visage of his younger self. I am glad that he seems to have found tranquillity later in life, which apparently eluded him for so long (at least, from what I've read and heard of him).

always glad to get some words from you.

the same observance have i made, regarding leonard's emotional expressions, but put it down to a simple onslaught of maturity, the evolvement of his brain, a continuation of synaptic pruning, if you like. a neurologist i am not, and know little about behavioral psychology - but from his literature it is not difficult to perceive the gradual mental adjustments. he carries the reader over a wide territory, from unmentionable indecency to saintlike respectability.

>I suppose I would wish the same for everyone. Being shackled by the anguish of ceaseless adolescence must be dreadful.

i take the hint, but i do try, you know ;-)
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

"i could never locate an appetite for posterity within myself" -l.cohen
posterity.jpg
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

It is a wonderful thing to be gazed upon with such warmth and affection (and utmost attention) by a person whom one deeply admires. Lovely picture.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

LisaLCFan wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:01 am It is a wonderful thing to be gazed upon with such warmth and affection (and utmost attention) by a person whom one deeply admires. Lovely picture.
quite true, lisa. so approachable, so much gentleness, humour and curiosity - was the same with everyone he met :-)
leo & geo.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

cheerfulness.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

fant noen fargeblyanter på et bord mens jeg satte i ørskog kirke for ei uke siden og hørte på en konsert -
og da hadde fingrene mine nokke å gjøre på :)

edit: (just realised wrong language)
found some crayons on a table while i sat in ørskog church a week ago listening to a concert -
so my fingers then had something to do :)
doodle.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

sketchbook
waiting room.jpg
man waiting.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

more sketchbook
library.jpg
shopping.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

i'm just staying home tonight, getting lost in that hopeless little screen.
computer.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

this can't be me, must be my double
double.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

poster for a dylan band called 'hurricane' who requested something to hang near the stage next weekend. the original is believed painted some years ago by an unknown person on a wall in mexico, and has occasionally been freely used. i cannot therefore take any artistic credit for it; it was merely 'freshened' up a little :-)
hurricane.jpg
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

A new artificial intelligence programme from Japan allows you to draw anything with your thumb and it will autocorrect to what it thinks you were trying to draw.

Absolutely brilliant teaching tool

http://seoi.net/penint/
SOME PEOPLE NEVER GO CRAZY.
WHAT TRULY HORRIBLE LIVES
THEY MUST LEAD

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”