never-ending gallery

This is for your own works!!!
Geoffrey

Re: never-ending gallery

Post by Geoffrey »

i have to run again. back late tonight. just carry on with what you were doing until i get back :)
1..jpg
2..jpg
freshly acquired reading material: 'vogue' with huge billie eilish article
and 'bob dylan's ten commandments'. can't wait!!! 🙂
eilish dylan.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

many days of beautiful weather in norway :)
relaxation.jpg
no sense.jpg
"it's coming from the sorrow in the street, the holy places where the races meet"
chauvin.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

"it doesn't matter what you do because it's going to happen anyway." - leonard cohen
death is just like getting out of one car and into another.jpg
ålesund some days ago. young girl full of life and joy :)
leila.jpg
someone i know who likes dylan
sds.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

ålesund portraits. ballpoint pen
young man. ålesund.jpg
old man. ålesund.jpg
what can one say! :(
self portrait.jpg
B4real

Post by B4real »

Geoffrey wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:24 pm what can one say! :(
B4 says all great portraits, Geoffrey!
....and Leonard has some not so well known applicable 'creature' words to say as well :)
Ah, and who knows, maybe some of these additional words will inspire other future images too ;-)

"I watch myself from where you are
Please do not be mistaken
The spider web you see me through
Is the view I've always taken"
~ Song To My Assassin
(Night Magic musical 1985 - lyrics by Leonard Cohen, music by Lewis Furey)

"Certain creatures of the air
Frightened by the night
They came to see the world again
And they perished in the light

So now I sail from sky to sky
And all the blackness sings
Against the boat that I have made
Of mutilated wings"
~ Fire
(Night Magic musical 1985 - lyrics by Leonard Cohen, music by Lewis Furey)

"Do you see the insects?
One of them was once your dog.
But do not try to pat the ant.
It will be destroyed by your awkward affection.
The tree is trying to touch me.
It used to be an afternoon".
~ Mother, Mother
(Philip Glass BOL 2007 - sung version of poem My Mother Is Not Dead from Book of Longing 2006)
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

thank you, B4real. i must say, you jolly well impress me with your diligence, your skill at winkling out apt citations. even though people in leonard's closest circle are kind to me, permit access to both pictorial and textual archives not normally available, it is doubtful that my search abilities could come anywhere near to yours. leonard is known to have written that insects seldom think about death, and even when they do they don't get too worked up about it. maybe it's because they instinctively know that there is no big plan. in that way they are, perhaps, more advanced than humans, and yet in the animal kingdom the very name of insect has become synonymous with lowlife.

i've always envied the jewish people being so far ahead of the rest of us in terms of faith. they believe in monotheism, the singularity of god, no father son or holy ghost, no jesus or muhammad meddlemen coming along to make everything so fucking complicated. leonard suspected, when he saw the lizard doing press-ups, that we are all tied together, no need for any doctrines. no need for a deity either, come to that - let's just call it a mystery and leave it there. like breavman said the one time he'd never heard his voice so pure, "FUCK GOD!"
Boss

Post by Boss »

Their Dates

Yeshu'a

Born - 9th of Naphtali 13,699,998,010 (9/10/4 BC)
Crucified - 3rd of Judah 13,699,998,045 (3/4/31 AD)
Died - 26th of Daniela 13,699,998,084 (26/9/70 AD)

Muhammad

Born - 26th of Daniela 13,699,998,584 (26/9/570 CE)
Died - 8th of Zebulun 13,699,998,646 (8/6/632 CE)

Hi guys. Hope everyone is well. Geoffrey, I too value monotheistic Judaism - Abraham and his descendants (of which I am one!) brought the one God truth to the World. You appreciate this - I am glad. Yeshu'a and Muhammad were sent to 'spread the word' of the Almighty.

It has been recorded by historians that Jerusalem fell to Rome in 70 AD and that Muhammad was born in 570 CE. You guys - especially you Geoffrey - are intelligent, astute Human beings. You do the maths.

May the G-d of all Existence, the One Leonard Cohen believed in, be with us all.

In peace,
Adam

PS. Like Bobby Dylan once sang, G, 'The times they are a-changin''...

Yeshu'a
Yeshu'a
Muhammad
Muhammad
'In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer' - Albert Camus
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

Boss wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:55 pm Abraham and his descendants (of which I am one!) brought the one God truth to the World. [- edited for brevity - ] May the God of all Existence, the one Leonard Cohen believed in, be with us all.
let us consider leonard's acclaimed song 'story of isaac', four long verses - almost six minutes in the 'live' versions. just listen to it, absorb the intricately written narrative, the combination of details taken partly from the scriptures and partly from imagination. and yet . . . neither the scriptures nor leonard ('lady's man') cohen thought to afford a single word to a mother who's young son had been taken away by a fanatic husband with the sole intention of murdering their child. so-called holy texts are notorious for painting women as second-class citizens, unimportant and ignored, the nigger of the world, to quote lennon. they might as well not exist, who cares if they suffer! abraham "brought truth to the world"? fuck the stupid old git!
Boss

Post by Boss »

G'day G. Genesis 22 tells of the Abraham and Isaac affair. Tell me, why is this in Tanakh, anyway?

Very importantly, the last lines of Leonard's song 'The Future' are:

"Destroy another fetus now
We don't like children anyhow
I've seen the future, baby
It is murder"

Use your imagination, G. Think mate, think.

Take care champ,
Adam

images (32).jpeg
'In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer' - Albert Camus
Boss

Post by Boss »

My Dates

Created

Hebrew - 3:16 pm (Jerusalem Time - JT) Wednesday the 28th of Iyyar 5727
Roman - 3:16 pm (JT) Wednesday the 7th of June 1967
Universal - 3:16 pm (JT) Wednesday the 7th of Zebulun 13,699,999,981

Born

Hebrew - 1:52 am (JT) Tuesday the 12th of Adar 5728
Roman - 1:52 am (JT) Tuesday the 12th of March 1968
Universal - 1:52 am (JT) Tuesday the 12th of Levi 13,699,999,982

Died

Hebrew - 6:10 pm (JT - no d/s) Friday the 14th of Elul 5748
Roman - 6:10 pm (JT - no d/s) Friday the 26th of August 1988
Universal - 6:10 pm (JT - no d/s) Friday the 26th of Benjamin 13,700,000,002 [2 minutes and 4.5 seconds]

• 'The Last Temptation of Christ' was released in America on the 12th of August 1988 - 14 days before I died
• 'The Last Temptation of Christ' was released in Australia on the 13th of October 1988 - 14 days before my daughter Beth died. She was created on Rosh Hashanah - the 11th of September 1988.

She lived for 47 days
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

good friend
gms.jpg
10 june 2021. exceptionally handsome guy seen sitting on a park bench today :)
everybody's got a book inside them, and that's usually where it should stay.jpg
"surrealism is destructive, it destroys the shackles that limit our vision" -salvador dali
meat.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

talking to you sweetly.jpg
lazariuk

Post by lazariuk »

As I keep saying
There are two fish that swim in the ocean
The ancients say they are one
They are one, nevertheless they are two

Bob Dylan “If I could only turn back the clock to where God and Her were born”

LC “The fathers write, the mothers speak”

And when you are in Mobile with the blues you ask “what does Ptah have to do with Memphis?”
Everything being said to you is true; Imagine of what it is true.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

thank you, jack. it's very nice to interact with you again, and let's hope we are able to keep our messages on an even keel this time - so that it does not become necessary to terminate contact. all we need do is try to stay focused, polite and not flood this otherwise intellectual area with inane nonsense such as incomprehensible/cryptic messages, endless lists, long attention-seeking biographical episodes or boring religious claptrap. shall we see if we can do that? if so, i look forward to enjoying a stimulating and creative exchange, although it should be noted that circumstances do frequently tend to limit my free time, and this can result in periods of non-communication. please know that when this occurs it is nothing personal.
lazariuk

Post by lazariuk »

I see that you survived the dentist. It was a long ritual I did on our behalf this morning this morning to keep our keel afloat and I am waiting for part two of my prayer request to come about.
Everything being said to you is true; Imagine of what it is true.

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”