never-ending gallery

This is for your own works!!!
Geoffrey

Re: never-ending departures

Post by Geoffrey »

thank you, lisa. i have been away from home, no internet signal. glad you liked the young leonard pic.

almost every time a pic is finished and posted the desire to produce something new is temporarily appeased. i don't know if others experience the same, feel that their creative activity has been punctuated with a full stop - an opportunity to change course - but with myself it is unquestionably so. hence the number of famous farewells.

the name of the author is unimportant, but you will find a poem below that touches very slightly on this phenomenon - if i may call it that.
poem.jpg
199Dan

Re: never-ending gallery

Post by 199Dan »

Please, can you tell me why the name of the composer is not important ? :?:
Thank you in advance .
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Geoffrey wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:54 pm ...[1] almost every time a pic is finished and posted the desire to produce something new is temporarily appeased. i don't know if others experience the same, feel that their creative activity has been punctuated with a full stop - an opportunity to change course - but with myself it is unquestionably so...

.... [2] you will find a poem below that touches very slightly on this phenomenon...

[1] "temporarily appeased", I can understand, but "full stop" -- no, I can't say I've ever felt that way upon finishing something of a creative/artistic nature, even if I occasionally take a break from it for awhile to pursue other things. As for those breaks, sometimes I deliberately choose to take a break, other times, something else simply comes along and fully captures my attention for a while. But, my artistic/creative pursuits are a valued and treasured part of my life, and even when any given activity is "on hold", it is always with the full intention of returning to it again, and thus far, I have always done so, after varying lengths of time.

From your track record here, you have also always returned to your creative activities, therefore, it seems completely illogical for you to continue to assume and publicly announce, on a regular basis, that you will never again draw/paint another picture "almost every time" you complete one, since this has never before happened. However, I suppose there is a first time for everything (I won't hold my breath).

[2] WTF?
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

thank you, lisa. will answer when i come home this evening :-)
meanwhile . . .
-----------------------------------------
"i smile when i’m angry. i cheat and i lie. i do what i have to do to get by."
st. leonard.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

dear lisa

the name is far less important than the work. i was the cameraman for a promotional video aired on tv (see below). leonard insisted on both payment and name crediting, but as i was in a bad financial situation at the time, i needed only money.

as i have written earlier, concerning both 'janteloven' and the late anni sennov's 'auratransformation', too much ego is not an attractive commodity. some of my pictures have been lifted and shown anonymously several places on the internet - with no reaction from my side. sometimes i care not even to sign a picture. one day the universe will be dark and void, so there seems little point. we are told the streets of heaven are paved with gold, but if gold is so plentiful up there it will have the same value as asphalt. in the end, everything is so utterly meaningless. like leonard said: "when things look bad just raise your glass, stamp your feet and do a little jig - that's about all you can do".

concerning the poem: you wrote 'WTF'. 'DILLIGAF' is the newest response acronym. i have no time to write more this evening; it has been a long day at a village called hovdebygda with demanding friends and endless chatter. there is no night here in the summer, and social activities flourish. i am tired. catch you later :-)
--------------------------
https://youtu.be/K4qDWchwHKk
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Geoffrey wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:06 am dear lisa

[1] the name is far less important than the work...

[2] concerning the poem: you wrote 'WTF'. 'DILLIGAF' is the newest response acronym...
[1] It was 199Dan who asked about the name, not me. But, thanks for extolling how virtuously un-egotistical you are.*

[2] DILLIGAF is a new one to me. It does not seem to be an adequate response to my WTF, since I was expressing my bafflement as to how that poem you quoted had anything to do with our discussion about your peculiar habit of repeatedly claiming to be giving up art and leaving the forum for good. (Incidentally, once again, neither of those things happened...)

*Declaring your lack of ego and providing numerous examples of your great humility is another one of your regular habits around here. Does anybody else see the irony in that, or is it just me?

Please do not feel compelled to respond to this post -- in fact, I'd prefer it if you didn't, as I have just endured a week-long heat-wave where I live, and I have had more than enough hot air.
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

It has come to my attention that my previous post may be construed as being somewhat impertinent. Therefore, I rescind what I said in my last sentence, and welcome all responses to my above post, whether from Geoffrey or from anyone else who may be lurking around here, be they filled with any sort of air whatsoever, whether hot, cold, rarefied, stale, acrid, fresh, etc...
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

LisaLCFan wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:30 am It has come to my attention that my previous post may be construed as being somewhat impertinent. Therefore, I rescind what I said in my last sentence, and welcome all responses to my above post, whether from Geoffrey or from anyone else who may be lurking around here, be they filled with any sort of air whatsoever, whether hot, cold, rarefied, stale, acrid, fresh, etc...
impertinence i can handle, but really it's lovely to get some words from you no matter what you write. quite honestly, lisa, i hope you always write whatever you feel, spontaneous reactions are revealing. i can defend myself rather well if necessary, but am also aware that i often deserve a scolding. should i be asked to choose one person on this site who's messages i value the most, it would be . . . well, i think she knows who she is.

there has been a network crash in my area for the past 24 hours, a frequent occurrence - no online activity. just come back again.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

LisaLCFan wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:36 am It was 199Dan who asked about the name, not me.
i see that now. i was very tired. <--- (my excuse)
apologies to 199Dan
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Geoffrey wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:13 pm ...quite honestly, lisa, i hope you always write whatever you feel...
Will do! Cheers!
199Dan

Post by 199Dan »

Geoffrey wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:06 am dear lisa

the name is far less important than the work. i was the cameraman for a promotional video aired on tv (see below). leonard insisted on both payment and name crediting, but as i was in a bad financial situation at the time, i needed only money.

as i have written earlier, concerning both 'janteloven' and the late anni sennov's 'auratransformation', too much ego is not an attractive commodity. some of my pictures have been lifted and shown anonymously several places on the internet - with no reaction from my side. sometimes i care not even to sign a picture. one day the universe will be dark and void, so there seems little point. we are told the streets of heaven are paved with gold, but if gold is so plentiful up there it will have the same value as asphalt. in the end, everything is so utterly meaningless. like leonard said: "when things look bad just raise your glass, stamp your feet and do a little jig - that's about all you can do".

concerning the poem: you wrote 'WTF'. 'DILLIGAF' is the newest response acronym. i have no time to write more this evening; it has been a long day at a village called hovdebygda with demanding friends and endless chatter. there is no night here in the summer, and social activities flourish. i am tired. catch you later :-)
--------------------------
https://youtu.be/K4qDWchwHKk
Ok, words have value when spoken by certain people.
The value is in consistency of message .
It can help the reader understand the massage and understand the author.

Thanks for you ti
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

little boxes made of ticky-tacky.jpg
new sketchbook.jpg
how to do a rough sketch with wrong proportions :-(
partners.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

. . . and now for something completely different :-)
remember what the dormouse said.jpg
"it's going to happen very soon, the great event which will end the horror, which will end the sorrow!" -cohen
i'd rather go on hearing your lies than go on living without you.jpg
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Does the Ålesund Prison really fly a flag that has a heart on it?
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

LisaLCFan wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:08 pm Does the Ålesund Prison really fly a flag that has a heart on it?
no, it was just a bare pole sticking up, some kind of old radio antenna - or possibly a lightning conductor. what happened was i had just watched again an excellent movie from 2004 called 'closer'. in it one of the actors, a dermatologist called larry, said: "have you ever seen a human heart? it looks like a fist wrapped in blood!" that got me thinking about things, about how something revolting can be the source of something acceptable and pleasant. there are a lot of untruths in the world, and the attractive big red heart on a valentine card is merely one of them. so, in some respects, that little flag i drew on the prison roof was just a symbol of how dishonesty can permeate society, of how the masses believe a lie if it is repeated enough - not unlike covid vaccinations.

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”