never-ending gallery

This is for your own works!!!
Geoffrey

Re: never-ending gallery

Post by Geoffrey »

mat james wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:12 pm I love your work, Geoffrey.
you are very kind, mat james - and impressed am i with your knowledge of leonard's texts. no time to write very much, it's past 01:00am and i've just arrived home from the cinema. here is a picture drawn earlier tonight that i didn't have time to post. nothing special, just a standard one to occupy a few minutes while waiting to be picked up in a car. i don't really consider it "work", except maybe in a very loose sense. it's more of an idle activity, an enjoyable habit with therapeutic benefits. the pictures themselves have no worth; to me the value lies in their production, brief as that might be.

thank you for explaining things to me.
--------------------------------------------------
"i have a very poor imagination, so i've always thought of myself as a kind of journalist,
just reporting from the field as accurately as i can." -leonard cohen
hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia.jpg
i'm the bad guy.jpg
you were jesus christ, my lord
jesus.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

i was the money-lender
leonard.jpg
new, and maybe better, version of an acquaintance posted back in august.
get away from her, you bitch.jpg
kalvøya 1985
strong women only marry weak men.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

where is my gypsy wife tonight
gypsy woman.jpg
photographer.jpg
woman & pram.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

i met a woman long ago, her hair the black that black can go
bad hair day.jpg
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

Hi Geoffrey. I do hope you are well

I heard a rumour that you once met Mr Leonard Cohen. Are you allowed to confirm that the black-haired woman was Mrs Sharon Robinson? I understand that this information may be wholly confidential and sensitive. Thats why I have posted it to this place to avoid anyone seeing it.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

solongleonard wrote:Hi Geoffrey. I do hope you are well
all is well, michael. it was good of you to think of me - thank you. :)
https://youtu.be/79ExQWKb2vA
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

michael. are you deliberately trying to sabotage this thread, or are your recent ineffective posts due to incompetence? in either case, i suggest you request an administrator to come in and tidy up a little.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

Geoffrey wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:58 pm michael. are you deliberately trying to sabotage this thread, or are your recent ineffective posts due to incompetence? in either case, i suggest you request an administrator to come in and tidy up a little.
UPDATE:
michael. don't stress with anything here. i know you struggle with this type of thing, but help is coming - probably tomorrow. have you considered taking a course in the use of data, internet and technical devices? it's not really as complicated as it may sometime seem - even i can manage it. look on the notice board at your local library or ask one of the assistants and i am sure they will know of a course onto which you can enrol. i encourage you to do so, because being totally inept in the cyber world, especially regarding a social media platform such as this one, is a huge handicap in this day and age. also, knowing that you are not absolutely useless at something even a child can do will help you to feel better about yourself, help keep your anger management under control and allow you to enjoy more harmony in your relationships. what say you? you know i'm right.
199Dan

Post by 199Dan »

.......I'm wondering out loud why I keep coming back to this thread ?

....................................... :?: ......................................
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

199Dan wrote: I'm wondering out loud why I keep coming back to this thread?
during my time as a practising psychologist i frequently had clients who externalised their thinking. it has to do with cognitive function, in the same way that some people quietly move their lips when reading. it is quite normal if done consciously, even for people with higher than average IQ. however, if verbalising one's thoughts is done involuntarily it indicates a less than average IQ. also, a person who does not know why they do things has an impaired or underdeveloped self-awareness, and my advice to them would be to get an appointment with an analyst for a full mental assessment.

meanwhile, a little exercise for you. see if you can read what is written in this notebook, and then form opinions on the two drawings - all without vocalising any words. good luck! :)
let nobody put a loophole in their way.jpg
LisaLCFan

Re: never-ending gallery (or something)

Post by LisaLCFan »

199Dan wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:40 am .......I'm wondering out loud why I keep coming back to this thread ? ...
Masochism? Amusement? Boredom? Curiosity? Enjoyment? Vague interest in what the rather peculiar denizens of this space may have posted, be it artwork, verbal sparring, psychobabble? All of the above? None of the above? I'm just wondering out loud what may be some potential answers to your question.

Of course, the above musings are based on a literal interpretation of your question, which assumes that it is a genuine question to which you are seeking answers. However, I realise that your question may be merely rhetorical -- that is, making a statement rather than actually expecting an answer -- perhaps suggesting that you believe that there is, actually, no good reason to come back to this thread, and you find it all a complete waste of your time. Or do you? You've left me wondering aloud about what may be your real motivation(s) for posting about your wonderings-out-loud.

Whatever the case, I suspect that Geoffrey and I may have spent more time contemplating your post and responding to it than you spent wondering and writing.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Shall we get back to regularly scheduled programming now? This is supposed to be a "gallery", after all, and so I shall post a picture of a painting I did recently.

A Tree LisaLCFan.jpg
199Dan

Post by 199Dan »

Geoffrey wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:13 pm
199Dan wrote: I'm wondering out loud why I keep coming back to this thread?
during my time as a practising psychologist i frequently had clients who externalised their thinking. it has to do with cognitive function, in the same way that some people quietly move their lips when reading. it is quite normal if done consciously, even for people with higher than average IQ. however, if verbalising one's thoughts is done involuntarily it indicates a less than average IQ. also, a person who does not know why they do things has an impaired or underdeveloped self-awareness, and my advice to them would be to get an appointment with an analyst for a full mental assessment.

meanwhile, a little exercise for you. see if you can read what is written in this notebook, and then form opinions on the two drawings - all without vocalising any words. good luck! :)
let nobody put a loophole in their way.jpg
Thanks for your Insight. I will give it all due consideration .
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

Geoffrey wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:49 pm
Geoffrey wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:58 pm michael. are you deliberately trying to sabotage this thread, or are your recent ineffective posts due to incompetence? in either case, i suggest you request an administrator to come in and tidy up a little.
UPDATE:
michael. don't stress with anything here. i know you struggle with this type of thing, but help is coming - probably tomorrow. have you considered taking a course in the use of data, internet and technical devices? it's not really as complicated as it may sometime seem - even i can manage it. look on the notice board at your local library or ask one of the assistants and i am sure they will know of a course onto which you can enrol. i encourage you to do so, because being totally inept in the cyber world, especially regarding a social media platform such as this one, is a huge handicap in this day and age. also, knowing that you are not absolutely useless at something even a child can do will help you to feel better about yourself, help keep your anger management under control and allow you to enjoy more harmony in your relationships. what say you? you know i'm right.

Last edited by solongleonard on Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:25 am, edited 59803489090854908580345 times in total.
Last edited by solongleonard on Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:25 am, edited 7805 times in total.

Last edited by solongleonard on Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:27 am, edited 6839830280332809 times in total.

Last edited by solongleonard on Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:28 am, edited 7 times in total.
mat james

Post by mat james »

Regarding the "noose" sketch above:
I see a snake, symbol of eternity, devouring the lion-ess...all but the head, in a Dali-esque manner...in warped-time, as it (and we the observer) evolve toward extinction;

The noose is inevitable for all but eternity...
"...eat this fruit, (mortal life) and you will surely die" as this is the Way of post-Eden perspectives...the noose awaits us all, one way or another;
-so celebrate the madness of mortal life, "the world of the opposites"...before eternity devours us once again and we climb that other 2nd mythic tree of the Garden, and become "gods, like Us".
...and back to your sketch, M/G,
the numbers down the right-hand side of the page (or the left-hand side of the next page) look surprisingly like they come from Michael's hand...as well as Geoffrey's...
I suppose, suggest, in an Omni-padme-Bhuddhistic sense, out past the banyan, among the eternal, mythic mystic...and even deeper in-wards...........all is One!...from this (eternal-unseen) side of the Page.

Oh the malum of it all!

("malum" translates to "apple or evil" in Latin, apparently! )
;)

MatbellybuttongazerJ
Last edited by mat james on Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Without light or guide, save that which burned in my heart." San Juan de la Cruz.
B4real

Post by B4real »

LisaLCFan wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:12 pm Shall we get back to regularly scheduled programming now? This is supposed to be a "gallery", after all, and so I shall post a picture of a painting I did recently.
Hi Lisa, I just wanted to say that's a great painting of a tree from your part of the world and it instantly reminded me of a conversation we all had some ten pages back about trees and how it then prompted me to post some of my tree paintings. Your words and tree painting here has made me do it again ;-)

So below is a photo of one of my pastel paintings of palm trees framed and on my wall from my part of the world :)
2007_04190005.jpg

And Geoffrey, you know I always look forward to seeing your wonderfully expressive images 8)
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”