never-ending gallery

This is for your own works!!!
solongleonard

Re: over-drooping eye-liddery

Post by solongleonard »

yes, you certainly helped me progress in many different aspects of Life - particularly Licorice. Today I had delivered, here in North London, 20 bars of Kick, surely the finest of all soft Scandinavian confectionery.

However, and I am always helpful with drawing advice, I have mentioned that I have now had a blepharoplasty procedure on both eyes. Therefore your "droopy eyelids" sketch is a horrible reminder of who I used to be. It is a crushing depiction of my past when women did not absolutely always submit to my good looks. Now my looks are yet more gooder still, I could have just gracefully glided on success-wise. But you ignored my famous sensitivity. Is there a way you could resketch me which is not humiliating for me as a Top Mature Model and you as a promising young drawer?
Geoffrey

Re: never-ending gallery

Post by Geoffrey »

it is well known in psychological circles that someone with a need to find fault in another person's work, whether by using straightforward criticism, veiled sarcasm or humour, often tends to feel insecure or inferior - even threatened. if it gives any comfort, let it be known that i have no ambition to make perfect pictures. i am sure almost anyone could paint or draw better than me - if only they believed in themselves and set their mind to it. a person who can initiate confidence in their creative abilities, instead of accepting and embracing false limitations, can boost their self-esteem, have a more attractive personality - and probably appreciate life much more. people enjoy being around those who spread joy and encouragement, they flock to them in droves - although that is not necessarily a blessing.
https://youtu.be/SvHqUnRzh0s
solongleonard

re: your naïve blunder

Post by solongleonard »

Some women have been an unconditional gift to my life, but the clip you chose illustrates the type who instead
declares "I want to be a loan".

To further your education, listen to this Mann

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqPI6bl ... ndMelodies
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

thank you, michael. have you reached balmoral yet?

manfred mann was popular a long time ago. a lot of good music around nowadays, especially from female artistes. my favourite is easily billie eilish, but adele is ok too; also rihanna, ariana grande, shakira, miley cyrus, alicia keys, pink, beyonce, britney spears, katy perry, etc.

yes, i do, of course, know about the norwegian confectionary 'kicks'. it is sold everywhere, good quality, not something one could buy at minneapolis' 'cup foods', for example, and definitely not at the 'pizza express' in woking. pray tell how you became familiar with this particular sweetmeat.

back to music. leonard always enjoyed quoting from the talmud: "there's good wine in every generation". he was intelligent enough to realise that, and appreciate different genres of music - just like me.

stay alert, drive carefully - and let me know if andy has started sweating yet.
some people call me maurice.jpg
solongleonard

Kick whilst in a never ending pillory

Post by solongleonard »

I was intrigued by the incident that Leonard Cohen had with the licorice stuck to his beach shoes, related in his extremely well-known poem "It's Torn", which Leonard wrote some years after his death.

"Your Kick is in your sandals"

After that, he wrote some years earlier his instrumental "One of Us Cannot Be Wrong"

The lyrics copied the narrative of "It's Torn" with the words
"Then I took the licorice of a long sleepless night
And I put it in your little shoe", a clear reference backward and forwards to the other thing I was just explaining.

Leonard wasn't yet over this dramatic passage of his Life and met an Actor in heaven and together they produced the Charade version of this piece, co-authored by Leonard Cohen and R.I.P. Torn.

On my Sabbath day there is little I enjoy more than helping Geoffrey develop his cultural knowledge.

Like Leonard, I also enjoyed the Rock Band, "The Talmud" and particularly their release of it as a novel, first sung by The Jesus and Mary Chain.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

thanks, chum. you are extremely good to me, almost half as good as i am to you - and that is a big compliment.
perfection is terrible, it cannot have children.jpg
solongleonard

Re: never-spending wardrobe

Post by solongleonard »

that shirt with that jacket?

I remember in June this year when you and I competed in the Final for the Norwegian Male Model Of The Year Competition. As ever, the event was held at Alesund Jugendstilsenteret museum. I thought you came a very gallant Second and I even mentioned you in my Winner's acceptance speech. I have a few quibbles, (and my dog Milo had a few kibbles to celebrate my Great Victory), for one it would have been nice had there been a third participant. Also, the choice of music, some dirge called Bird on the Fire, could have been improved. Anyway, no despair, be there, brush your hair, I thought the result was fair.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

i'll be writing later. don't got no time right now. it's nine in the morning, sun be shining, cafe is open. stick around, i come back this afternoon - lucky sod you are to have good interaction with me! history is being made right here, many would sell their souls to be in your shoes! :-)
rules and models destroy genius and art.jpg
everything intelligent is so boring.jpg
solongleonard

hu re: to the butcher's shop

Post by solongleonard »

chop chop
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

billie eilish.jpg
solongleonard

Re: never-ending girlery

Post by solongleonard »

great drawing
SOME PEOPLE NEVER GO CRAZY.
WHAT TRULY HORRIBLE LIVES
THEY MUST LEAD
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

solongleonard wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:09 pm great drawing
thank you. easily one of the most successful and creative performers around today :-)
solongleonard

Re: defending ability

Post by solongleonard »

Geoffrey wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:51 pm
solongleonard wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:09 pm great drawing
thank you. easily one of the most successful and creative performers around today :-)
yes, I agree that you are. it is great to see you speaking freely about your talent
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

solongleonard wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:58 pm it is great to see you speaking freely about your talent
well, talent is a gift everyone has been given, but many cannot manage to unwrap it :(
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Geoffrey wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:14 am ...well, talent is a gift everyone has been given, but many cannot manage to unwrap it :(
Oh, I don't know about that -- I think you overestimate people's abilities (latent or otherwise). I've met a few startlingly untalented individuals. Unfortunately, they were amongst those who believed of themselves what you have suggested applies to "everyone".

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”