never-ending gallery

This is for your own works!!!
Sideways

Re: never-ending gallery

Post by Sideways »

Harry's funeral was a lovely affair. True, I felt a bit guilty but it did not inconvenience me over-much.
yeah, well, errrrm, hum, yeah, ok, I dunno, articulation is not my fing, who cares, SHUT IT YOU MUPPET, blah blah blah
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

i'll get back to you, sideways :-)
monochrome.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

i enjoyed our little exchange today, sideways, me in the taj mahal restaurant ( https://www.tajmahaltandoori.no/ ) and you in the speeding train buffet - though i had to ask the next table to excuse the laughter. wishing you a pleasant break.

careless sketch while waiting for my constantly crashing computer to be restored to an earlier date. it keeps happening, and always takes an eternity backdating the registry :-(
----------------------------
"the greatest help you can get from anything is to find out that nothing works, that nothing in this human realm is meant to work. if you can appreciate that, the mind of compassion grows, because you understand that everybody's up against it."
[- interview 1997]
nothing works.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

just a friend (combining sketching and data software :-))
piano.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

"i know that there is an eye that watches all of us, there is a judgement that weighs everything we do,
and before this great force - which is greater than any government - i stand in awe and kneel in respect."
[𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑐𝑒𝑟𝑡 𝑎𝑡 𝑤𝑎𝑟𝑠𝑎𝑤, 1985]
ten new songs, pencil.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

it's just the way it changes
before & after.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

as i couldn't make it to hydra, today's dinner will be greek aubergine moussaka :)
aubergine.jpg
LisaLCFan

Re: never-ending galley

Post by LisaLCFan »

That is an eggceptional eggplant!
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

LisaLCFan wrote:
>That is an eggceptional eggplant!
---------------------
why, thank you - and before anyone accuses me of turning an intelligent man into a vegetable, the aubergine (a far nicer word than 'eggplant') is actually a fruit :)

next friday i am taking the ship down to a hotel in bergen, and will be away for a while. after bergen the long train ride over to oslo, where i will be staying for an indeterminate period of time with lahcen, a kind, generous and forgiving gentleman who cleans up the apartment, buys food and prepares a delicious healthy dinner for me every day so that i do not go hungry while he is at work. from there i will either return home or travel north to another friend, gunnar, in trondheim.

while away i will try to stay in touch, but fear there will be little opportunity to scan and post any additions to this gallery. if anyone else wishes to post their work, that would be very welcome. meanwhile, a big appreciative 'thank you' to everyone/anyone who has followed and tolerated me this far. i am not always easy to get on with, no one knows that better than myself - but i have never been able to do very much about it :(

-g
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Geoffrey wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:16 am ...the aubergine (a far nicer word than 'eggplant') ...
Quite agree -- although in Canada, it is sadly known as an "eggplant". This odd-looking fruit has been (and still is) known by many names, including the rather charming "mad apple". For those with a taste for etymology (and/or the aubergine and its history), this article may be of interest (I get a kick out of this sort of thing):

https://cultureofarabfood.wordpress.com ... eggplants/
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

LisaLCFan wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:55 am
Geoffrey wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:16 am ...the aubergine (a far nicer word than 'eggplant') ...
Quite agree -- although in Canada, it is sadly known as an "eggplant". This odd-looking fruit has been (and still is) known by many names, including the rather charming "mad apple". For those with a taste for etymology (and/or the aubergine and its history), this article may be of interest (I get a kick out of this sort of thing):
quite educational, thank you, lisa. that we have the arabs to thank for the aubergine eventually reaching these shores is news to me, and neither did i realise the fruit had so many names, or such nutritional value. learning new things is always a satisfying experience, and not necessarily because 'knowledge is power' - for me that is just a by-product :) .

i knew canadians called aubergines 'eggplants' because it was a word used by leonard.
eggplants.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

had a request on social media for more pictures of my eggplant, but i took only the one. i recommended that people try carving one themselves, because it's not rocket science :)
close-up.jpg
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

why, thank you - and before anyone accuses me of turning an intelligent man into a vegetable, the aubergine (a far nicer word than 'eggplant') is actually a fruit :)

PLEASE NOTE A BANANA IS A VEGETABLE, A CABBAGE IS A FRUIT

next friday i am taking the ship down to a hotel in bergen, and will be away for a while. after bergen the long train ride over to oslo, where i will be staying for an indeterminate period of time with lahcen,

PLEASE NOTE THAT JACKIE LEVEN WAS A WONDERFUL ARTIST. LISTEN TO HIS "RAINY DAY BERGEN WOMEN" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThH0bMhZ7Jg

" I WISH I HAD ONE OF THOSE LITTLE BERGEN GIRLS,ALL I WANT IS ONE OF THOSE LITTLE BERGEN GIRLS" and David Thomas with the chorus - "THE BRIDGE IS TOO TWISTED I FALL OFF THE SIDE, AND ALL THE WEE FISHES SWIM UP MY BACKSIDE".

PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR FRIEND'S NAME, "Lahcen" IS AN EXACT ANAGRAM OF "LEONARD COHEN".

PLEASE NOTE THAT I WILL LOOK AFTER THIS THREAD AGAIN IN KEEPING WITH MY STATUS. THANK YOU FOR STEPPING UP AS MY DEPUTY DURING MY RECENT PERIOD OF CONVALESCENCE

YOU HAVE ALWAYS BEEN VERY EASY PERSON WITH WHOM TO "GET ON". THIS IS DUE TO THE ATTRACTIVE COMBINATION OF YOUR INHERENTLY EASY NATURE AND MY ETERNAL ATTITUDE THAT I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT ANYTHING EVER,EVER.
SOME PEOPLE NEVER GO CRAZY.
WHAT TRULY HORRIBLE LIVES
THEY MUST LEAD
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

i do wish you and lisa would refrain from your irritating sport of altering the title of this thread before i manage to notice it. why do you, especially you, michael, persist in such antisocial behaviour? what pleasure is derived from continually causing frustration to the only person here determined to inject a modicum of culture into an otherwise barren wasteland? accept this as notification to cease and desist, as any more of this insubordination and i will be obliged to report the pair of you to jarkko - and rest assured he will be on my side. he will tell you that resident artists do not grow on trees, must be treated with the utmost respect, and are a godsend to any webmaster.

be informed, therefore, that this thread is called 'never-ending gallery', not 'never-ending galley', 'when is -ending gallery?', 'never-ending foolery', 'never-ending scullery', 'never-ending holidays' nor 'soon ending sale of old sketches, bye now, bye' !!!

>PLEASE NOTE THAT JACKIE LEVEN WAS A WONDERFUL ARTIST. LISTEN TO HIS "RAINY DAY BERGEN WOMEN"

i am sure we all enjoyed that immensely, thanks. but let us now compare such a racket to alice ehlers playing mozart's 'rondo alla turca', while two guests communicate without uttering a word. cathy suddenly realising that heathcliffe is courting isabella, her sister-in-law, in order to get his cruel revenge. a scene illustrating, perhaps, what allen ginsberg meant when he wrote "eyes full of teeth".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mxqznclP1Y

>PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR FRIEND'S NAME, "Lahcen" IS AN EXACT ANAGRAM OF "LEONARD COHEN" . . . I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT ANYTHING EVER,EVER.

i must say, old bean, you do possess a mind that is difficult to fathom. today i have been watching american tourists carrying their bellies back to the ship, and it hit me that halfway between diahorreah and constipation doesn't necessarily denote a healthy normality.

-g
solongleonard

Re: never-ending geoff-ery

Post by solongleonard »

Ever since 1841, a time just before you normally eat your kvällsmat you have had the chance to study "Self-Reliance" , the essay written by American transcendentalist philosopher and essayist Ralph Waldo Emerson. It contains the most thorough statement of one of Emerson's recurrent themes: the need for each individual to avoid conformity and false consistency, and follow their own instincts and ideas. It is, of course, the source of one of Emerson's most famous quotations: "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines." . You have a little spark and had you studied Ralph's work your mind might have grown without the need for all that vi agra.

>PLEASE NOTE THAT JACKIE LEVEN WAS A WONDERFUL ARTIST. LISTEN TO HIS "RAINY DAY BERGEN WOMEN"

i am sure we all enjoyed that immensely, thanks.

I hope you listened with wrapped attention (pink ribbon and a suede bow on top). I defend you against the never-ending calumny that you, on occasion have "all the wee fishes swim up your backside".

but let us now compare such a racket to alice ehlers - PLEASE NOTE THAT "ehlers" IS AN EXACT ANAGRAM FOR SHIRLEY, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7DgXoUWWb4

>PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR FRIEND'S NAME, "Lahcen" IS AN EXACT ANAGRAM OF "LEONARD COHEN" . . . I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT ANYTHING EVER,EVER.

i must say, old bean, you do possess a mind that is difficult to fathom. today i have been watching american tourists carrying their bellies back to the ship and it hit me that halfway between diahorreah and constipation doesn't necessarily denote a healthy normality."

Watch for typos please.
you obviously meant to tap "CARRYING THEIR BELLIES BACK TO THE SHIT"

and show respect to America. You seem to ignore the 2nd Amendment to the Constipation by advocating that the harmless Irish singer Chris Rea should die

because I love you I mark your effort generously. Actually, giving you 6.5 out of 10 leaves you with encouragement to score the extra 2.5 Dudley Moore points to hit the perfect 10. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10_(film)

There is much material in this post from which I know you can learn and I am always keen to help. Further, as the American singer, Leonard Brezhnev, once famously said, "I have tried in my way to be twee".
SOME PEOPLE NEVER GO CRAZY.
WHAT TRULY HORRIBLE LIVES
THEY MUST LEAD

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”