Geoffrey

Re: never-ending gallery

Post by Geoffrey »

the moving finger writes, and having writ, moves on.jpg
B4real

Post by B4real »

Well done, Geoffrey!
A truly wonderful portrait with feeling in a style I really like 8)
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

B4real wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:29 am Well done, Geoffrey!
A truly wonderful portrait with feeling in a style I really like 8)
Thank you so much, B4real. Lovely to see you here again. Hope you are well.

It is meant to be Judas Iscariot, at least the way one person's imagination might envisage him - and it makes a change from doing Leonard :-)
B4real

Post by B4real »

My pleasure, Geoffrey!
I thought he might have been one of your friends ;-)
I'm doing OK down here - hope things are good in your part of the world.
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

B4real wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:35 am My pleasure, Geoffrey!
I thought he might have been one of your friends ;-)
I'm doing OK down here - hope things are good in your part of the world.
glad to learn of your contentment, beverly. similar situation here, everything quite normal.
judas was not perfect, unlike the hustler in his circle - but at least he wasn't a sheep. his only mistake was to snitch on a control freak. had he not done that we would have had one less religion in the world today. never mind, i doubt there's much we can do about it now.
when we make mistakes they call it evil. when god makes mistakes, they call it nature.jpg
you're terrible, muriel.jpg
the power of christ compels you.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

all is nothing, therefore nothing must end.jpg
last supper.jpg
all the perfumes of arabia will not sweeten this little hand.jpg
solongleonard

We aren't Gully-ble

Post by solongleonard »

I was so happy, last Friday, when you finally beat the World Record of One Million Two Hundred and Six Thousand and Seventy-Five views of your last doodle. An accomplishment achieved, and achievement accomplished, by those who supported you have.

Of course, I am sad that the Community has now deserted you en masse to lavish afterpraise all over themselves. Champion Gullivor. In my personal view, he can't hold a paintbrush to you, even on a very dark night. Yet the mood is right for Gullivor, as it nearly was once for you.

So, I say that we should all hold hands and support Gully. You and many others were once him.
Last edited by solongleonard on Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gullivor

Re: We aren't Gully-ble

Post by Gullivor »

solongleonard wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:22 pm I was so happy, last Friday, when you finally beat the World Record of One Million Two Hundred and Six Thousand and Seventy-Five views of your last doodle. An accomplishment achieved, and achievement accomplished, by those who supported you have.

Of course, I am sad that the Community has now deserted you en masse to lavish afterpraise all over themselves. Champion Gullivor. In my personal view, he can't hold a paintbrush to you, even on a very dark night. Yet the mood is right for Gullivor, as it nearly was once for you.

So, I say that we should all hold hands and support Gully. You and many others were once him.
Thank you for the support and keeping me alive.
Yes the competition here has cleared themselves out of this forum after the death of the ladies man. Leaving behind only the great writers and painters that I have been able to lie my head and sleep beside. I will take my place on the bottom bunk here where my writings can be viewed even if the views are really Googlebots and other web crawlers. I am no threat here to writers and painters alike. My only hope here is that enough cyber data of me will be collected that a million years after humans are gone, and possibly the earth, I will be remembered and maybe even famous from a cyber archeology dig by the ones who come next!

Regards,
Gully
To a Teacher
Leonard Cohen
Hurt once and for all into silence
A long pain ending without a song to prove it
Who could stand beside you so close to Eden
When you glinted in every eye the held-high
Razor, shivering every ram and son?

And now the silent loony bin
Where the shadows live in the rafters
Like day-weary bats
Until the turning mind, a radar signal
Lures them to exaggerate mountain-size
On the white stone wall
Your tiny limp

How can I leave you in such a house?
Are there no more saints and wizards
To praise their ways with pupils
No more evil to stun with the slap
Of a wet red tongue?

Did you confuse the Messiah in a mirror
And rest because he had finally come?

Let me cry help beside you, Teacher
I have entered under this dark roof
As fearlessly as an honoured son
Enters his father's house
solongleonard

Re: clever-bending phallusy

Post by solongleonard »

I love determination and persistence. I really wish you all the best. There aren't many of us here, but we are stardust, we are golden.

Last edited by Geoffrey on Tue Mar 23, 2021 00:12 am, edited by Geoffrey 18 times in total
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

forgive lack of response/editorial. will try to make up for it. meanwhile . . . :-)
-------------------------------------------------
we can't run from who we are, our destiny chooses us.jpg
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

Geoffrey wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:22 pm forgive lack of response/editorial. will try to make up for it. meanwhile . . . :-)
-------------------------------------------------
we can't run from who we are, our destiny chooses us.jpg

Scholars have noted your Distraction Path, over the years, several times you have. in a way -who can blame you- the text is too challenging for you, the mood has become sober and unwelcoming to a man who has drunk alcohol, over the years, and several times, self-aware but anxious about his image, as if distorted it could be due to his issues with Alcohol the Evil, and it won't get better with age, neither you, a person or the drink -an Alcohol, does it really matter?, does it really get butter- NO! it's liquid not a soft spread made by cows, or a sail-boat made by Cowes, the North East corner of the Boat Yard mainly, does it really matter? does it really regatta, you are old enough, so bloody old, if you want to play "here is the breaking nudes", just play, seasoned Geoffrey Watchers shake off the salt and pepper and support you, broadly, a lack of exercise I guess, play the doodly nudely, Good Bloody Luck, Man, we forgive your lack of Reekponce, you can't make up for this one, the moment has gone, along with your critical eye for words, stick with drawing, here you excel, Breath In! Now Excel, I hope your muscle is finally showing, I train 4 times a week, ne'er been fitter, we are so similar- me, ne'er been fitter, you ne'er been fatter - OH YOU DISCRIMINATORY FAT BASTARD, "YOU ARE FATTIST, MIKE!" NO, YOU ARE FATTEST, We could all learn from Gully, we could go bowling together but we don't throw our balls in the Gully, you maybe sometimes but I'm on Strike.
Gullivor

Re: We aren't Gully-ble

Post by Gullivor »

solongleonard wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:22 pm In my personal view, he can't hold a paintbrush to you, even on a very dark night. Yet the mood is right for Gullivor, as it nearly was once for you.
Attachments
IMG_0879 (2).JPG
We’ve all come to
This moment
To find out
Who we are.
Painted colors
Scribed words
Sweetly found.
~Gully~
Geoffrey

Re: gull

Post by Geoffrey »

thank you to michael and gullivor for bringing activity to this column. everything is welcome and appreciated.

crossing back to the mainland this afternoon, the boat was boarded by a friend who needed to rest his/her wings.
poor little thing standing by the window - abandoned to beauty and pride.
mother! oh god, mother! blood! blood!.jpg
on another social platform people are starting to call these notebook doodles 'wrenisms' :)
why was i not made of stone like thee.jpg
will you come into my life with your sorrow and your black carriages?
out, damned spot!.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

Gullivor wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:47 pm I am no threat here to writers and painters alike. My only hope here is that enough cyber data of me will be collected that a million years after humans are gone, and possibly the earth, I will be remembered and maybe even famous from a cyber archeology dig by the ones who come next!
hope is not a trustworthy friend, mr gullivor - it's potential for failure is too high. far wiser to invest in an examination of reality.

there are varying degrees of writing skills, but most people can scrawl a line or two - it is taught in school. transferring onto paper a picture existing in one's mind is not quite as straight forward. it demands a skill less common than stringing a few words together. take me, for example (and i know this will be ridiculed by the unenlightened amongst us), but it would actually be no exaggeration to say that my work will undoubtedly be published and republished numerous times long into the future - virtually indefinitely. this is not a boast - my ego was removed through the process of auratransformation - but a simple conclusion based upon a combination of experience and knowledge of history. personally i have no interest in becoming famous, now or posthumously, because such would be a pointless pursuit. there will eventually come a time when everything is gone. i make pictures for entertainment, not posterity.
---------------------------------------
selfie update 29 march 2021
a seed has to rot in the ground before you enjoy the fruits of its tree.jpg
i'm not even going to swat that fly.jpg
did you know that the human eye can see more shades of green than any other colour.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

contraceptives should be used on every conceivable occasion.jpg
i am just going outside and may be some time.jpg
happy easter, friends! summer is just along the road. time to leave the sofa and get some air :)
why are women so much more interesting to men than men are to women.jpg

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”