never-ending gallery

This is for your own works!!!
Geoffrey

Re: never-ending gallery

Post by Geoffrey »

dear karren.
i did not like to see my name overwhelm this section of the forum, so limit now the posts to a single thread. let us see how it progresses :-).
the 'soldier' picture is a digital work, created using software that allows one to work in vector instead of raster, and that is quite important. several people have intimated how much they prefer black and white pictures, but a clear explanation remains elusive when cross-examined. they drive motor cars, listen to pink floyd, have mobile telephones and electric kettles - even watch 'westworld' on colour televisions - so it must be a sort of selective old fashionness. or perhaps, if one believes in reincarnation, the subconscious remnants of a memory embedded in a victorian existence; horse and carts, workhouses, chimney sweep children, jack the ripper and all that. well yes, they did have lillie langtry - i'll admit that.

happy 2019, karren xxx
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

Geoffrey wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:36 am
thank you so much. i will, of course, keep this in mind, but often seem to have little influence in the pictures that appear.

Geoffrey ... "guided by a signal in the heavens" :D

Keep them coming ... 8)

Linda
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

sturgess66 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:24 pm Geoffrey ... "guided by a signal in the heavens" :D

Keep them coming ... 8)

Linda
hello linda. it's been over a week now . . . and nothing! am wondering if he has abandoned me, but why? what did i do? nothing coming my way at all, it's just so quiet, so cold when he is not around. every day i wait, everything's ready, but it seems i'm on my own, and i can't do this alone - i'm not good enough. maybe he thinks i am, that i don't need any more help - but that's so wrong.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

found this lamentable painting of 'popular problems' while surfing the net.
can't read the sig. - but that's probably the original CD cover in the top corner.
pop.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

popular problems.jpg
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

I like it! (Even though it is "lamentable" -- ;-) )
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

Geoffrey wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:13 am found this emmental painting of 'popular problems' while surfing the net.
can't read the sig. - but that's probably the original CD cover in the top corner.
pop.jpg

yes, it's certainly a cheesy picture but it would never have occurred to me to describe it as emmental.

btw Geoffey, I really enjoyed the link you sent me about Wrens latest news, and their visitors from Norway. |Thank you for sharing

http://www.greenfieldpulloxhillschools. ... atest-news
SOME PEOPLE NEVER GO CRAZY.
WHAT TRULY HORRIBLE LIVES
THEY MUST LEAD
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

LisaLCFan wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:43 am I like it! (Even though it is "lamentable" -- ;-) )
glad you like it, lisa. it seems leonard is still around, and i am so happy to be productive again, even though the result was less than dazzling. after employing the so-called 'automatic writing' method, the scribble looked something like orange's strength (?). after a while i realised it could be an anagram for the stranger song, and that's where i found leonard's very encouraging hidden message:
i am with you.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

solongleonard wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:29 pm It's a great picture, Geoffrey, and it would never have occurred to me to describe it as lamentable.
btw, I really enjoyed the wonderful gifts you sent after my visit to Norway. Thank you for your generosity.
you are too kind, solong. leonard said: "you can't feel important and write well" - but you seem to manage it with no problem.
good to hear from you :-)
new image.jpg
https://youtu.be/_-lGA7E5Ncw
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

This latest painting is beautiful and rather haunting -- I love the intensity of the eyes, so full of emotional depth, it makes me wonder what he's thinking.

Speaking of haunting:
I did look it up after you mentioned it above. Intriguing concept.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

lisa wrote:
>This latest painting is beautiful and rather haunting -- I love the intensity of the eyes, so full of emotional depth, it makes me wonder what he's thinking.

well, perhaps i can hazard a guess. every two hundred years or so a gifted person is born who is bursting with so much creative energy that to be acquainted with them is a blessing. to interact with them is worth more than gold, because such a phenomenon can inspire and push others onto magnificent achievements. i would not dare take credit for leonard's successful comeback after the lull in his popularity some years ago, but i do believe from his mails and generous packages that he valued our friendship, and that his thoughts were often with me.

>I did look [automatic writing] up after you mentioned it above. Intriguing concept.

to be sure! yes, there's more between heaven and earth, horatio, than can be dreamed of in our psychography ;)
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

"i am so slow, when i take speed it brings me up to the normal tempo"
quick sketch.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

"i live among you, well disguised" - l.cohen 'nevermind'
disguise.jpg
Martine