never-ending gallery

This is for your own works!!!
LisaLCFan

Re: never-ending gallery

Post by LisaLCFan »

Geoffrey wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:08 pm ...the most important pursuit is to be ourselves, discard all negativity and not allow anyone to discourage our attempts at anything new. there is not a lot a person cannot achieve if the enthusiasm is truly there :-) ...

That is very inspirational, Geoffrey, and I quite agree that it reflects an excellent approach to life!

Thanks for the pics: you're looking well, and I like your latest painting of Leonard. Take care!
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

LisaLCFan wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:34 pm
Geoffrey wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:08 pm ...the most important pursuit is to be ourselves, discard all negativity and not allow anyone to discourage our attempts at anything new. there is not a lot a person cannot achieve if the enthusiasm is truly there :-) ...
That is very inspirational, Geoffrey, and I quite agree that it reflects an excellent approach to life!

Thanks for the pics: you're looking well, and I like your latest painting of Leonard. Take care!
thank you, lisa. such a lovely message makes a person feel wanted, and i don't mean like on one of those outlaw posters ;-)
that picture of leonard you mention was done while listening to dylan's 'murder most foul'.
don't forget that your beautiful pictures are always welcome, too.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
today's offering while maria callas sang excerpts from 'la traviata' :-)
dogs.jpg
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

I guess it has been a while since I posted one of my pictures. Here's one I painted just the other day. Cheers!

Lisa LCFan Watercolour March 2020.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

LisaLCFan wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:57 pm I guess it has been a while since I posted one of my pictures. Here's one I painted just the other day. Cheers!

Lisa LCFan Watercolour March 2020.jpg
oh mama mia, that is remarkable - and you waited days before showing it? pity leonard could not see this one! hope you never stop producing art. when i see pictures like this it awakens inspiration, makes me want to be creative myself - thanks for that :-)
its4inthemorning

Post by its4inthemorning »

C. Geoffrey Cope

The rules call for strict isolation,
In a plague that's just common sense.
So his room becomes his salvation,
It's walls are his viral defense.

The solitude causes frustration,
His loneliness becomes intense.
Then he notices with elation
His notebook and art implements.

And so it seems for the duration
He'll use as a biodefense
His inventive artwork creations
For this cyberspace audience.

Please grant artistic license for all assumptions and suppositions!

2010 DECEMBER 10 - CAESARS COLOSSEUM, LAS VEGAS / 2012 SEPTEMBER 28 - L'OLYMPIA, PARIS
2012 OCTOBER 3 - PALAU SANT JORDI, BARCELONA / 2012 DECEMBER 13 - K-ROCK CENTRE, KINGSTON
2013 APRIL 6 - RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL, NEW YORK CITY / 2013 JULY 9 - PIAZZA NAPOLEONE, LUCCA
2017 NOVEMBER 4-8 - MONTREAL "TOWER OF SONG" CELEBRATION - RIP, YOU GOT ME SINGING!
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

thank you, curt!

i am humbled and flattered. might just copy your verse down in my little blue journal! i have to sleep a little now, as the time is approaching 3.45am and i am continually yawning. not going anywhere when i wake monday morning, my appointment book has lots of beautiful blank pages. most people dislike being cut off from everyone, but a few of us totally enjoy it. one either loves it or hates it - a bit like opera ;-)

-g
------------------------------------------------------
another montage from an increasingly absurd notebook :-(
walking together.jpg
vlcoats

Post by vlcoats »

Geoffrey wrote:....i have only had one visitor since all this began, and social invitations have completely stopped. sometimes i wonder whether i've died and gone to heaven, but when i see that leonard's nowhere around i realise i'm still stuck at square one... /

I know this was written a few days ago, and I haven't read the more recent comments in this thread yet, so please pardon my future interruption. But I just had to write and comment to say how much I loved it. I was laying flat on my back, trying to catch up to the end of this thread. When I got to this post. it made me laugh outloud, causing me to drop my phone on my chin and wake up my little pug who was sleeping at my side. Good one Geoffrey!

Vickie
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

geoffrey wrote:
>>i have only had one visitor since all this began, and social invitations have completely stopped. sometimes i wonder whether i've died and gone to heaven, but when i see that leonard's nowhere around i realise i'm still stuck at square one.

vlcoats wrote:
>I know this was written a few days ago, and I haven't read the more recent comments in this thread yet, so please pardon my future interruption. But I just had to write and comment to say how much I loved it. I was laying flat on my back, trying to catch up to the end of this thread. When I got to this post. it made me laugh outloud, causing me to drop my phone on my chin and wake up my little pug who was sleeping at my side. Good one Geoffrey!

thank you, vickie. we are just a tiny group of people in here, so it is very nice of you to stop by - and especially with such a good message. fun is a much needed commodity at the moment, so it's pleasing to learn that i have been instrumental in causing a little laughter :-)
-----------------------------------
tidying up here. if anyone is interested, here is the impulsive doodle that inspired a larger picture a couple of days ago.
doodle.jpg
its4inthemorning

Hey Geoffrey,

When your hands get too sore from drawing, but not too sore for typing, can you please tell us a story? I am certain that a story recounting one of your meetings with Leonard will cheer us all up. Thanks!

2010 DECEMBER 10 - CAESARS COLOSSEUM, LAS VEGAS / 2012 SEPTEMBER 28 - L'OLYMPIA, PARIS
2012 OCTOBER 3 - PALAU SANT JORDI, BARCELONA / 2012 DECEMBER 13 - K-ROCK CENTRE, KINGSTON
2013 APRIL 6 - RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL, NEW YORK CITY / 2013 JULY 9 - PIAZZA NAPOLEONE, LUCCA
2017 NOVEMBER 4-8 - MONTREAL "TOWER OF SONG" CELEBRATION - RIP, YOU GOT ME SINGING!
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

its4inthemorning wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:08 pm Hey Geoffrey,

When your hands get too sore from drawing, but not too sore for typing, can you please tell us a story? I am certain that a story recounting one of your meetings with Leonard will cheer us all up. Thanks!

not a lot to tell, curt. mostly me just talking - but there was some laughter. i'll get back to you when the right time arrives. meanwhile, leonard describes how saint kateri's mind may have exaggerated a simple mishap.
wine.jpg
its4inthemorning

Geoffrey,

I've loved that little story from "Beautiful Losers" since the day I first read it. You left out the best part, however, Catherine T's comment after she stood up slowly, a comment deserved of a place in the Understatement Hall of Fame:

"I guess I owe you all an apology."

I need to read BL again when I have time. Come to think of it, I have all time in the world right now!

Stay well everyone.

Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

its4inthemorning wrote:
>I've loved that little story from "Beautiful Losers" since the day I first read it. You left out the best part, however, Catherine T's comment after she stood up slowly, a comment deserved of a place in the Understatement Hall of Fame:
>
>"I guess I owe you all an apology."
>
>I need to read BL again when I have time. Come to think of it, I have all time in the world right now!

not a book for the priggish. leonard was no donovan ;-)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
as promised, your poem has received the dubious honour of being immortalised in my infamous little scratch pad.
curt.jpg
thanks for the dance, i'm sorry you're tired
soup.jpg
its4inthemorning

Geoffrey: I am honored to be included in your famous blue notebook, and glad that you are keeping some kind of record. I told Joann I had been published, but she remains skeptical.

Lisa: Love the hummingbird drawing, especially the coloring selections.

Big news to report: Two ducks have been returning to our pond for many years (yes I know they might not be the same two, but they certainly look like them). They usually arrive in early February, but this year they didn't arrive until almost April. We were worried sick.

LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

its4inthemorning wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:19 am ...Big news to report: Two ducks have been returning to our pond for many years (yes I know they might not be the same two, but they certainly look like them). They usually arrive in early February, but this year they didn't arrive until almost April...

Excellent news! It is always wonderful when our feathered friends return in the Spring. I have been enjoying once again hearing the honking of Canada geese flying overhead (they can't bear our cold winters -- rather ironic, I suppose, considering their moniker...).

its4inthemorning wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:19 am ...Lisa: Love the hummingbird drawing...

Thanks, glad you liked it! (it's a watercolour painting, actually). Have you ever tried your hand at art? It's a very enjoyable diversion!

Cheers!
its4inthemorning

More outdoor news to report: Right on time, at the beginning of April, the marsh marigolds started blooming. Deep yellow flowers with shiny green leaves in case you've never seen any. One of the rare instances where we planted something in just the proper spot (soil, moisture, sun, etc.) and it thrived. Having no smart phone or camera, I cannot include a picture. Oh, maybe someone can draw one, or even do a nice watercolor--I mean watercolour--painting to sooth us in our solitude. Maybe.

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”