never-ending gallery

This is for your own works!!!
LisaLCFan

It's been quiet around here...

Post by LisaLCFan » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:35 pm

Geoffrey seems to have disappeared -- two weeks without a pic or a peep. I hope he's all right!
Geoffrey

Re: It's been quiet around here...

Post by Geoffrey » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:13 am

LisaLCFan wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:35 pm
Geoffrey seems to have disappeared -- two weeks without a pic or a peep. I hope he's all right!
a lovely picture you made, lisa. reminded me of when i was young, lying in a field, looking up at the sky through a kaleidoscope. thank you too for your message of concern :-). despite intentions to curb social activities, they seem to have effortlessly snowballed. even though i look in here from time to time, there exists insufficient impetus to participate - possibly because i feel i have so little to contribute at the moment. as you may know, my main objective has always been to promote leonard, keep his name relevant. never has there been any interest in making money from any portraits made of him. one or two kind people eager to avoid a bad conscience have insisted on paying a symbolic sum, which i have used to buy more art materials - but mostly i just let visitors take what they like. yes, it is maybe foolish; as 'the joker' said "if you're good at something never do it for free", but leonard was a better role model than him, and he never took anything from me - quite the reverse.

regarding whether or not i am all right, i believe so. the debilitating facial tics cause embarrassment. the more i struggle to control them the worse they become. we must always remember to treat children kindly, because untold irreparable damage can be done otherwise. apart from a few notebook sketches, and singing with my guitar at a gathering (i wrote a song, but it's in norwegian), no creativity from this end. unlike jesus, however, i do plan to come back one day. meanwhile, i hope you are all right also, and thank you one again for thinking of me. it means a lot :-)
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:53 am

Geoffrey wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:13 am
...despite intentions to curb social activities, they seem to have effortlessly snowballed...

Oh, that's good to hear -- I was hoping that was all it was that was keeping you from this corner of cyberspace.

As to whether or not I am all right, as you allude, it rather depends on one's definition, but, Yes, I, too, believe that I am.

See you around, whenever that may be, and all the best with cheer!
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:49 am

pocketbook.jpg
book scan.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:26 pm

leonard cohen to his back-up singers:
>"oh, don't stop singing, please don't stop . . . just a little longer . . . let me get in touch with my outer self"
outer self.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:20 pm

LisaLCFan wrote:
>As to whether or not I am all right, as you allude, it rather depends on one's definition, but, Yes, I, too, believe that I am.

a sentence begging for analysis ;-). hope we see more pictures from you, they are so rich in colour and joy :-)
-----------------------------------
leonard wrote:
"i will follow you very soon. know that i am so close behind you that if you stretch out your hand, i think you can reach mine"
embrace.jpg
LisaLCFan

Re: never-ending gallery

Post by LisaLCFan » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:16 am

Hello Geoffrey! Nice to see more of your artwork (and your interesting notebook).

I'd rather not be analysed, and thus, perhaps, I ought to dispense with the cryptic comments! Nonetheless, since you said such nice things about my pictures (thank you for that! :D ), I have a drawing on hand -- based on something that I saw at a garden in the summer -- that almost has a Leonard Cohen theme ("listen to the butterfly..."), and so I shall post it.

Incidentally, from what I have read, butterflies' days do not but number three: there is, in fact, quite a range of life-spans, depending on the species of butterfly, with the briefest living only for a week or two, while those with the greatest longevity, such as Monarchs, can apparently live for around nine months! The common fritillary butterfly in my drawing generally lives for about a month. I have to admit that it makes me feel happier knowing that, on this matter, Leonard was mistaken, and that such beautiful creatures do often live for much longer than 3 days!

Butterfly by LisaLCFan.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:42 am

a totally beautiful picture, lisa. everything about it is exquisite.
so glad you are here. i will come back to this. thank you! :-)

------------------------------------------------
leonard wrote:
"we asked for signs, the signs were sent"
sign.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:01 am

having not heard that it is obligatory to post only cohen-related pictures in this forum, i dare to show
other, more mundane, items. this time, old boring sketches of chairs seen at a local second-hand shop.
it's always good to carry paper and pen/pencil to practice drawing, no matter what the subject matter :-)
rocking chair.jpg
wooden chair.jpg
wicker chair.jpg
anny

Post by anny » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:29 am

Hello Lisa, just to say that I love your sweet butterfly painting...thanks for sharing !!!
anny
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:39 pm

anny wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:29 am
Hello Lisa, just to say that I love your sweet butterfly painting...thanks for sharing !!!
anny
quite so, anny, but the thing is i made a pizza the day before yesterday and was very proud of it. when i showed a picture of it to a group of friends at the shopping centre they all laughed and it destroyed everything. they said they had never seen anyone cut a triangular slice from a square pizza before. they ridiculed me, asked if i cut square slices from round pizzas, stuff like that. so i just left them and went around the shopping centre on my own.
my pizza.jpg
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:22 pm

anny wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:29 am
anny

Hello, Anny! Thank you so much, that's so nice of you! I am very glad you like it!

Cheers! :D
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:41 pm

Geoffrey wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:39 pm
...the thing is i made a pizza the day before yesterday and was very proud of it....
I think your pizza looks delicious! It really doesn't matter how one cuts it. I've often had round pizzas cut into squares -- for some reason, a lot of places here do that. I actually prefer triangular wedges with round pizzas, simply because the middle slices have no crust when cut into squares, and that makes it messier to eat, if one is using one's fingers (I seldom use a knife and fork to eat pizza).

Did you know that in North America (both Canada and US), having corn (you call it "sweetcorn") with or on a pizza is very odd and unusual. However, I have noticed that it is common virtually everywhere else that I have travelled. The first time I encountered it -- in the UK -- I thought that it was very bizarre, and a matter of some amusement for me and my fellow Canadian traveller.

By the way, I like your chair drawings! There is nothing wrong with furniture as a subject for art. I've painted a picture with a chair -- perhaps I'll post it sometime.

Cheers!
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:09 pm

LisaLCFan wrote:
>I think your pizza looks delicious! It really doesn't matter how one cuts it. I've often had round pizzas cut into squares -- for some reason, a lot of places here do that. I actually prefer triangular wedges with round pizzas, simply because the middle slices have no crust when cut into squares, and that makes it messier to eat, if one is using one's fingers (I seldom use a knife and fork to eat pizza).
>
>Did you know that in North America (both Canada and US), having corn (you call it "sweetcorn") with or on a pizza is very odd and unusual. However, I have noticed that it is common virtually everywhere else that I have travelled. The first time I encountered it -- in the UK -- I thought that it was very bizarre, and a matter of some amusement for me and my fellow Canadian traveller.
>
>By the way, I like your chair drawings! There is nothing wrong with furniture as a subject for art. I've painted a picture with a chair -- perhaps I'll post it sometime.

-----------------------------------
thank you for these nice things you write, lisa. i am just an ordinary person, not especially gifted or different, and certainly not eccentric like people try to make me look. i think that's why leonard took to me, because he knew i was just myself. pizza, like any other kind of food, is best when made yourself. you can put low fat mozzarella cheese on it and spread everything close to the edge, not like the street kitchens where there is a boring dry ten centimetre margin all around the outside - and you never know if they spit on it before putting it in the box. strange that sweetcorn is boycotted where you live. i cannot think of any earthly reason why that is so, it would be like eating curry without mango chutney. i only use a knife and fork with pizza if i have a side dish, sweetcorn, potato salad, sour cream with chopped avokado, etc.

yes, post the picture of your chair by all means - that would be interesting. any pictures you make would be interesting. that message from anny was so lovely to read, appreciative, had a feeling of authenticity about it, short but heart-warming. i have no idea who she is, but she shone a bright unexpected light into this tiny settlement.
memo book.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:46 pm

no masks left in the chemists here, but i was lucky to get some of the last ones from a shop called 'jernia'
- but i think they too will be sold out by tomorrow :-(
virus masks.jpg

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”