in solemn moments such as this . . .

This is for your own works!!!
Geoffrey

in solemn moments such as this . . .

Post by Geoffrey »

. . . i've put my trust, and all my faith to see, all my faith to see, all my faith to see . . . her naked body.
a solemn moment.jpg
Sideways

Re: in solemn moments such as this . . .

Post by Sideways »

Great drawing
yeah, well, errrrm, hum, yeah, ok, I dunno, articulation is not my fing, who cares, SHUT IT YOU MUPPET, blah blah blah
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

Sideways wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:23 pm Great drawing
not what we want to hear, but never mind, and thank you, kind friend. i miss you, on more than one level.

have you seen 'puzzle'? wonderful film, incredible performance by kelly macdonald, beautiful music, great story. saw it last night, had to watch again this morning. sort of movie that's addictive to one who cries easily. so much more depth than 'bohemian rhapsody' or 'a star is born'.
https://youtu.be/jYxnuQtH8XI

as you like drawings, here is another :) :
adam.jpg
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

I am sorry, I don't know the woman in this sketch. Who is she?
yeah, well, errrrm, hum, yeah, ok, I dunno, articulation is not my fing, who cares, SHUT IT YOU MUPPET, blah blah blah
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

feel so bad, just so nervous all the time. don't know what to do. was fine while out, but as soon as i come in it starts again. phone on 'silent' mode, batteries removed from doorbell, intercom switched off, one low-watt lamp the only light, blinds pulled down with thick curtains drawn across so it looks like i'm not home. since birth i've had photic sneeze reflex, sunshine and bright lights - but that is nothing. it goes over after a minute or two. the arithmomania is truly annoying, but nobody can see i have that - so that's one good thing. the facial tic is the problem, and it's not good. it's got worse lately, probably stress related. i have been asked to perform solo, in front of a gathering of people, strangers, very formal - and i know if i refuse it will be a big set-back for my self confidence. i wish they hadn't asked.

maybe if i didn't live alone it would make a difference. maybe if there was a woman living with me, but it's so difficult to find the right one. age is not very important, as long as she is slim, healthy, has no tattoos or piercings, loves tidying the home, attractive elongated face with hawk nose, natural red hair, tall with long legs, not have too much to say, wears mostly tight jeans or mini-skirt, pale skin with lots of freckles, nice-shaped lips with sensuous mouth, does not snore, speaks fluent english and scandinavian, has never smoked, lovely firm petite breasts, is the perfect cook/host if guests are invited to dinner, must be on the pill, knows how to make healthy food dishes, have no next-of-kin, lets me be alone as much as i want, must be ultra loyal, can play paganini on the violin, loves sphynx cats, bob dylan and me, is generous and rich, has an unusually high libido, is always in a good mood and gets a bit tipsy after a couple of glasses of wine.
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Geoffrey wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:47 pm ...loves...bob dylan ...
I am so disappointed that "loves Leonard Cohen" didn't make your list. Clearly, your priorities are all wrong.

Nonetheless, a "Stepford Wife" would probably be just the thing for you -- save your krones, and maybe you can buy one some day.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

LisaLCFan wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:20 am
Geoffrey wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:47 pm ...loves...bob dylan ...
I am so disappointed that "loves Leonard Cohen" didn't make your list. Clearly, your priorities are all wrong.

Nonetheless, a "Stepford Wife" would probably be just the thing for you -- save your krones, and maybe you can buy one some day.
in some ways. you are right, lisa :) - i'll get back to you.
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

I have Anna Lise your post setting out the bare minimum outline preferences for an introduction to a lady.

Her name must be Anna Lise or similar if that’s ok. I need to feel her so bad so she feels nervous all the time. I don't know what I wouldn’t be able to do. I was fine while I took it out, but as soon as i cum I start again. My pheromones are never in 'silent' mode, batteries removed from dildobell, intercourse never switched off, one Charlie Watts lamp the only light, blindfolds pulled down with thick cream poured across so it looks like i'm not home. Since birth I’ve had photos of sneeze relief, sunshine and bright lights - but that is nothing. Sometimes I can go over after a minute or two! The arithmetic is truly annoying, but nobody can see i have that - so that's one good thing. The packet of tictacs is the problem, and it's not good. I only like the orange ones and I’m not even Dutch. Wrist’s got worse lately, probably stress fracture related. i have been asked to perform sex solo, in front of a gathering of people, strangers, very formal - and I know if i refuse it will be a big set-back for my self-love confidence. i wish they hadn't asked.

Maybe if i didn't love alone it would make a difference. Maybe if there was a woman, or something similar, living with me, but it's so hard to find the right one. Craig’s List is not very important, as long as she is slimy, unhealthy, has exacfly 13 tattoos or piercings, loves tidying the horse, attractive elasticated face with hawk talons, well-read horse, tall with one long leg, not have too mucky to spray, has manly tight genes or microscope, a pail and water, skin with lots of fresh Eccles cakes , nice-shaped keyboard with serious mouse, does not whore, speakss fluents english and scans the horizons, has never eaten smoked mackerel, 3 lovely firm petitty breasts, is the perfect number if guests are invited to dinner and are thirsty. I must be on the pull, I knows how to make unhealthy wishes, have no nest-of-eggs, lends me a loan, as much as i want, must be an ultra loyalist Paramilitary in Northern Ireland, can play chess and backgammon on the violin, loves asphyxiating cats, bobcat Dylan and me, is amorphous and lives in a ditch, has an unusually high elbow and an unusually deep lido, is always in a furious angry raging mood and gets just a wee bit murderous after a couple of barells of wine.

I’m expecting a huge response so please write your applications, quill and blood obviously, and send them immediately by telepathy to Mad Geoff, Norway.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

will get back when possible, mickey. don't know why everybody wants to be with me. am trying my best to curb it a little. :)
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

lisa wrote:
>I am so disappointed that "loves Leonard Cohen" didn't make your list. Clearly, your priorities are all wrong.
>
>Nonetheless, a "Stepford Wife" would probably be just the thing for you -- save your krones, and maybe you can buy one some day.

sometimes i too am disappointed, unable to understand almost anything, especially about why someone, even myself, says something that doesn't seem right. yesterday an acquaintance at the shopping centre said, while shaking his head: "don't you ever get tired of doing leonard cohen portraits?" it wasn't really a question, it was criticism, disapproval, and it made me unhappy. i didn't know what to answer, but stuttered defensively: "well, as you know, i do portraits of almost everybody with whom i come into contact, as well as flowers, animals, abstract, nature, etc." at once he retorted: "you have never done me!" i replied: "no, and if i were you i wouldn't hold my breath!"

yes, perhaps a stepford wife would make an ideal christmas present for many men. the idea of having a woman under control was also in leonard's mind when he wrote in his first novel about breavman's hypnotism of heather ;)
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Geoffrey wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:46 am...sometimes i too am disappointed, unable to understand almost anything, especially about why someone, even myself, says something that doesn't seem right...

In my experience, I have found that some people have a lot of "personal issues", some of which can be rather destructive to themselves and to others, and all of which can, indeed, make it very difficult to understand anything about what they say or do (or think, or feel, or believe...).

The Temple of Apollo at Delphi is inscribed with the words, "Know Thyself" (or, to be more precise, "γνῶθι σεαυτόν"). I think that those words are very wise, and I have always endeavoured to accomplish as much self-understanding and self-awareness as I can. That way, at the very least, I will not be an incomprehensible mystery to myself, even though other people may remain so to me.

But, of course, how one person lives and behaves and thinks, etc., may not be ideal (nor even possible) for another. Therefore, all I feel justified in saying is how I would do things (and why), and I must accept that others will make their own decisions and choices based on their own values, beliefs, inclinations, etc., which may not always correspond with mine. And, perhaps that in itself makes other people slightly less mysterious to me, insofar as I do not expect them to be like me, and thus when their words and actions do not make sense, I can chalk it up to fundamental personality differences and leave it at that. Trying to understand further can be fraught with nothing but frustration and futility.

And that brings me to another famous quotation, also known as The Serenity Prayer:

God* grant me the Serenity
to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference.

These words -- or rather, being able to take these words to heart and to actually live by them -- have brought me a great deal of solace (although, I would never suggest that it is easy for one to do this -- it may require, I suppose, a great deal of "knowing thyself", and that, also, may not be easy.).

* It is permissible to remove "God" from this equation and see it as a plea to oneself (or to whomever or to whatever) to find the strength to embrace these words and to allow them to bring one comfort and peace.

With that rather long and solemn post, I shall simply wish the very best (to you and to everyone, even myself) in trying to find some understanding in order to help make life slightly more bearable and less hurtful, esepcially at times when it can seem anything but.
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

Dear Sideways Sue, I agree with the careful critiques of your post offered by both Geoffrey and Lisa. THey are right to describe your work as "the dog's bollox" and "spiffin' tophole, what what, Old Chap". Knowing you intimately I appreciate that your brilliant writing would have taken you several minutes, possibly approaching 10!

Well done for changing Geoffrey's underdeveloped original.

solongleonard
SOME PEOPLE NEVER GO CRAZY.
WHAT TRULY HORRIBLE LIVES
THEY MUST LEAD
LisaLCFan

Re: in silly moments such as this . . .

Post by LisaLCFan »

Sideways wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:48 am I have Anna Lise your post setting out the bare minimum outline preferences for an introduction to a lady...

… I’m expecting a huge response so please write your applications, quill and blood obviously, and send them immediately by telepathy to Mad Geoff, Norway.

Brilliant bit of parody, my dear Sue, right up there with some of your better efforts. ;-)

Although I (obviously) did not comment on it until shamed to do so by solong, please know that I read and very much enjoyed your post! Your continued irreverence is greatly appreciated. Things can get so terribly serious sometimes, and you remind us to laugh!

Ta!
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

Hooray for Annalisa xx
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

quote.jpg

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”