Post by Geoffrey »

. . . before i turn into gold" - [leonard cohen 'a bunch of lonesome heroes']
gold.jpg
Cheshire gal

Re: "i'd like to tell my story . . .

Post by Cheshire gal »

I love this Geoffrey :D
'...and here's a man still working for your little smile' -Leonard Cohen
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

Cheshire gal wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:54 pm I love this Geoffrey :D
good to be with you, my dear. i realise that this 'writing, music and art' section has long been owned more or less exclusively by myself, but it's still nice when somebody drops in to say hello. as leonard said towards the end of his life: "this isn't going to go on forever" - and one day i too will be gone. he was a shining light on a journey of much hardship. there is no greater tragedy than a parent outliving a child, but his words to me during times of pain contained much furniture upon which i could rest, and i look forward to seeing him again. thank you, cheshire gal, for your brief but welcome message :-)

a very simple sketch made a few minutes ago.
felt tip.jpg
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

The gold one is sublime.

There are many great tragedies in this life, sadly.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

LisaLCFan wrote:
>The gold one is sublime.

thank you, lisa. it is now privately owned by someone else :-)

>There are many great tragedies in this life, sadly.

such a sentence suggests one speaks from experience.

apropos gold:
here is a picture taken early today,
while walking to my daughter's house.
made me think of leonard's 'the promise at dawn' :-)
morning.jpg
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Yes.

Wonderful photo, it almost looks like the sky is on fire. Quite amazing, the beautiful canvas that light and clouds can create. Thank you for sharing it.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

LisaLCFan wrote:
>Yes.

:(

>Wonderful photo, it almost looks like the sky is on fire. Quite amazing, the beautiful canvas that light and clouds can create. Thank you for sharing it.

a sunrise seems to provide more optimism than a sunset, the first rays stabbing darkness to death - although mexican sunsets are said to be quite spectacular :) . anyway, sharing gives pleasure, so there might be an element of selfishness behind my generosity.
thank you for reminding me of 'farewell angelina' :)
-g
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

Don't cry for me, Angelina
The truth is, I've never heard of you
Geoffrey made you up
Whilst painting Ali
that's how it seems to me
There's nothing more I can think of to say to you
yeah, well, errrrm, hum, yeah, ok, I dunno, articulation is not my fing, who cares, SHUT IT YOU MUPPET, blah blah blah
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

Sideways wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:32 am Don't cry for me, Angelina
The truth is, I've never heard of you
Geoffrey made you up
Whilst painting Ali
that's how it seems to me
There's nothing more I can think of to say to you
thank you for another sporadic response, sideways - and for coming to see me a while ago. the dynamics in our relationship probably changed a little when we saw each other in real life, when each saw how nice the other was, and the pejorative rhetoric seems now to be a thing of the past. whenever i become aware of something amiss, no matter how innocent it may seem (we all know what happened with bob marley's big toe!), i always try to repair the problem before it gets out of hand, because it's important to respect and nurture one's social connections. "no man is a failure who has friends", said mark twain, and i count you amongst mine. should you need to take a fresh sojourn to the fjords, my home is your home, and we can drive high up into the mountains again, while you enthral me with more of your stories :)

it has been made known to me that a publisher wishes to make a volume of my work, but that will not happen. i have more than enough money to live, and the auratransformation deleted any ego - so the incentive to become involved in a business project is lacking.

here is another long-time friend. you did not meet this one because he was away during the week you were here. he speaks no english, but would have understood your danish, which was quite impressive! :)
another friend.jpg
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

your analysis of our relationship and its recent changes, is "bang on" as we cockney geezers say.

I am very proud and happy to have you as my close friend.

I'm only popping out occasionally these days due to that bastard called Life

It will change...
yeah, well, errrrm, hum, yeah, ok, I dunno, articulation is not my fing, who cares, SHUT IT YOU MUPPET, blah blah blah

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”