Geoffrey

happy pic :-)

Post by Geoffrey »

happy pic.jpg
Kaylin

Re: happy pic :-)

Post by Kaylin »

Hello Geoffrey,

I love all of these drawings of yours. This one is indeed a 'happy' pic... but there was one the other day that actually made me laugh. There was nothing wrong with it, but Leonard's face looked unexpectedly crooked, as if you had an astigmatism. I loved it.

It just occurred to me something maybe 'your audience' would enjoy :) Why not a video or two of your creative process, if you ever feel like that would be something you would enjoy. You have a fan base. Maybe a time lapse of the paper or canvas alone, or you going all Bob Ross. How to draw Leonard's nose in 2 strokes.

Anyway, thank you :)
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

hello kaylin, and thank you. the one from the other day was likely where his aged appearance was exaggerated in order to make him look gaunt, underline his frailty.

there is no entertaining creative process of which to speak. the images you see can be produced by anyone, simply by using any tools that might lead to a finished product. i "cheat and lie" as leonard said - because it is not a competition, there are no rules. i am sure the 'fan base', as you call it, consists of very few people - but the one who encouraged me the most died a couple of years ago.

maybe i will make a video, that would be a good challenge.
meanwhile, some colour for you :-)
flowers growing up where that lamb fell down.jpg
Kaylin

Post by Kaylin »

Geoffrey,

Thank you for the colorful flowers!

I found the drawing of Leonard that I mentioned -- no, it's not of him frail, but the expression and lines are asymmetrical or something.
https://leonardcohenforum.com/download/ ... &mode=view
Did you post this earlier as black and white with no color edging; something seems different in the first and second impression. I can't explain it... I see it as pleasingly unexpected, and other adjectives I could spend some time with.

I bet your art (and wit) has touched a lot of people. When I mentioned a video, it just occurred to me and I blurted it out. Creatively you push yourself in different directions, so.. and I think you're sometimes too modest and other times... less modest, :) I don't think there is any cheating in the creative process, unless outright stealing, but even that can be a grey area or the highest compliment.

Thank you again :)
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

hello again, kaylin. you make me sound important, though i feel not so. nevertheless, you give a compliment - and i bow in gratitude :-)
the picture, to which you provided a link, is a sketch made before being put through a data program, of which there are many. i have been known to steal, but that was mostly a part of the learning process. it gives zero artistic satisfaction, is embarrassing when someone finds out, and is not really necessary. leonard cohen does not have a difficult face to draw. no magic involved. once you have made a few basic lines, the rest is easy :-)
outline.jpg
Kaylin

Post by Kaylin »

convinced.jpg
;-)
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

i sit for my granddaughter sarah's first portrait :-)
portrait.jpg
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

very well done, Sarah!
yeah, well, errrrm, hum, yeah, ok, I dunno, articulation is not my fing, who cares, SHUT IT YOU MUPPET, blah blah blah

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”