something very interesting

This is for your own works!!!
Geoffrey

something very interesting

Post by Geoffrey »

huge article in paper about leonard . . . and a couple of other people :-)
(slightly censored to protect the living)
paper.jpg
LisaLCFan

Re: something very interesting

Post by LisaLCFan »

Excellent news! I see that you have released your British hostage! It was the right thing to do.

For the benefit of those who do not read Norwegian, the article includes an interview with Geoffrey's former hostage, whom I shall refer to as "M-1" (the man in the grey sweater/jumper). "M-1" discusses his ordeal in detail, including how he was locked in a room with dozens of paintings of Leonard Cohen, and not allowed to come out until he provided glowing words of praise for each and every one of them. "M-1" was also forced to compose rhyming rhapsodies about the extraordinary talent of the artist who painted them, in the form of parodies of Leonard Cohen songs. Upon completion of the rhapsodies, "M-1" was finally provided with klippfisk and akevitt, which he enjoyed while his captor serenaded him on his guitar while singing "M-1'"s clever new verses.

For a man who clearly endured great tribulations, "M-1" is looking rather healthy and cheerful, no doubt due to the fresh northern Norwegian air. He notes in the interview that he is looking forward to returning to Dear Old Blighty, and we certainly wish him all the best!
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

very important did i feel after reading your message, lisa - and joy permeated my soul in considerable amounts. providing a so-called 'link' (internet terminology for some blue writing that to a specific destination takes the person who upon it clicks), will do little to alleviate one's frustration at not being able to view the article oneself. to prove this, hereby do i provide said link that always has been missing. access to the land of milk and honey requires, as you will discover, any curious individual to lighten the weight of their purse. a sad situation indeed, but one can understand why someone had to build that wall.

https://smp.alda.no/bestillpluss?1&artR ... 469768.ece
LisaLCFan

Re: something very peculiar

Post by LisaLCFan »

Geoffrey wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:21 pm very important did i feel after reading your message, lisa...
And, the other day:
Geoffrey wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:19 pm ...hello karren. so nice is it to know you are around. now have we come home. much better am i feeling, too...

Geoffrey, have you recently been infected with a Yoda-speak virus? Or, perhaps you have joined The Force, and are emulating the speech patterns of the Jedi Master as an homage? Whatever the case, your syntax very odd it is.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

perhaps yoda uses norwegian grammar directly translated?

'star wars' har jeg aldri sett. (english: 'star wars' have i never seen).
det tenkte jeg ikke på. (english: that thought i not about).
jeg vet ikke. (english: i know not).

a fan of 'star wars' i am not, but that is because i never have seen it, perhaps. likewise 'game of thrones'. when concentrating i am able to write english a little better, though i fear it never will be perfect. through the mountains mustapha and i are driving tomorrow, then down to oslo. he then catches an aeroplane to morocco while in the city will i remain - for how long no idea do i own. workmen are entering my flat to do repairs, so a key to a neighbour has been given. such a mess it is in here now, so what everyone will think is unknown. a lonely place is oslo, scary, and covers so much terrain. trams and busses, and even trains that go underground, believe it or not! well, mustapha is saying i have now to pack a suitcase, because evening long since came upon us, and we are driving as soon as he's finished tomorrow morning with his doctor's appointment. goodbye for now, and should my cheeks start burning it will be understood someone is thinking about me :-)
-g

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”