This is for your own works!!!
Geoffrey

allow me to litter this forum one last time

Post by Geoffrey »

charcoal 30 aug 18.jpg
Cheshire gal

Re: allow me to litter this forum one last time

Post by Cheshire gal »

Please do not make this your last sketch of Leonard, Geoffrey. I think they are wonderful. You really are a fine artist. 8)
'...and here's a man still working for your little smile' -Leonard Cohen
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

Cheshire gal wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:36 pm Please do not make this your last sketch of Leonard, Geoffrey. I think they are wonderful. You really are a fine artist. 8)
my lovely friend, a charcoal sketch like this is something anybody can do. you make a few lines and then more or less just smudge over them with your fingers. give it a try if you've never done it, your fingers get black, charcoal sticks are extremely messy, there's no point on them like a pencil, and they snap into pieces if you press slightly too hard. if you want to keep or sell it, you have to spray it several times with a fixative. easier to use black pastel sticks, less mess and instead of fingers for shading you can use just a brush with cold water. listen, the reason i'm writing a lot is because i'm in a restaurant waiting for the waitress to bring me a plateful of whatever is the day's speciality. no idea what it is, haven't asked. they give me free dinners in here because the walls are covered with my pictures, abstract art, not portraits. my friend in london texted me several times today, he is in bergen, down the coast. his ship arrives up here on sunday, then he is going to look after me and make sure nobody mistreats me ever again. have to go now, it's chicken tandoori, my favourite! :-)
its4inthemorning

Post by its4inthemorning »

Geoffrey, that is, I would say, the opposite of litter. I love it to the point that I want it all my own. If interested in selling, please send me a PM.

In any case, please do not suspend your contributions here.

2010 DECEMBER 10 - CAESARS COLOSSEUM, LAS VEGAS / 2012 SEPTEMBER 28 - L'OLYMPIA, PARIS
2012 OCTOBER 3 - PALAU SANT JORDI, BARCELONA / 2012 DECEMBER 13 - K-ROCK CENTRE, KINGSTON
2013 APRIL 6 - RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL, NEW YORK CITY / 2013 JULY 9 - PIAZZA NAPOLEONE, LUCCA
2017 NOVEMBER 4-8 - MONTREAL "TOWER OF SONG" CELEBRATION - RIP, YOU GOT ME SINGING!
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

its4inthemorning wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:18 pm Geoffrey, that is, I would say, the opposite of litter. I love it to the point that I want it all my own. If interested in selling, please send me a PM.

In any case, please do not suspend your contributions here.

am not at home, dear friend, am temporarily at a small settlement away from the madding crowd - but will contact my 'manager'(?) about it. she kindly volunteered to help run that side of things, incompetent as i am in that area. very good-spirited of you to comment so warmly.

not sure about the future, my friend arrived here, we took a steamship into hjørundfjord and are now at a mountain retreat, a monastery near urke. he is so supportive, and seems committed to helping me become stronger mentally. yes, this life is filled with many sweet companions, and he is one of them :-)
-g
ship.jpg
veien til urke.jpg
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

I have had years of experience in analysing photos from hostage situations. It is quite clear that you have kidnapped the handsome short haired man. Please release him immediately
yeah, well, errrrm, hum, yeah, ok, I dunno, articulation is not my fing, who cares, SHUT IT YOU MUPPET, blah blah blah
Cate

Post by Cate »

It's shocking to see how a Leonard Cohen fan can get snatched like that and carted off to a beautiful Scandinavian country ... what on earth is this world coming to. :neutral:

(lovely photos)
Karren B
Location: At the Cottage in the Village by the River near the Castle.

Post by Karren B »

Hi Sideways and Cate.

I wouldn't worry too much about the afore mentioned gentlemen. I believe they are just off auditioning to become the Statler and Waldorf of the forum (though I suspect they've held that position for many years)... ;-)

https://youtu.be/6PTIk2h6q1I
'Take the breath of a new dawn
And make it a part of you.
It will give you strength'
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

Karren B wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:22 pm Hi Sideways and Cate.

I wouldn't worry too much about the afore mentioned gentlemen. I believe they are just off auditioning to become the Statler and Waldorf of the forum (though I suspect they've held that position for many years)... ;-)

https://youtu.be/6PTIk2h6q1I
hello karren. so nice is it to know you are around. now have we come home. much better am i feeling, too. the arithmomania is only slightly reduced, but much better is the tic, thanks to the hospitality of the religious order at urke. understanding and kindness provided by a friend from london brought needed healing, and tears ran when it was time to leave for him. something very interesting happened while he was here, and tomorrow it will be revealed. when you know it more details will you request, am i certain. hope you will again write something. a friend sent this final picture took above my home, everybody always leaves me so a little sad.
g.jpg

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”