minimalism?

This is for your own works!!!
Geoffrey

minimalism?

Post by Geoffrey »

minimalism.jpg
Last edited by Geoffrey on Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
solongleonard

Re: minimalism?

Post by solongleonard »

Oh, I loved it when Leonard went through his Tom Selleck, Magnum phase. You have captured perfectly Leonard's walrus moustache. I gaze at his mouth and conclude the artist is at the peak of his game.

Of course it wasn't just their similarity in looks but Tom's Wikipedia entry could equally have been written about LC. Tom was " an avid outdoorsman, marksman and firearms collector."

There were differences as well in their achievements and career path. Leonard did not share his friend's success in advertising. Wiki reminds us, "Tom Selleck did quite a few commercials: for Right Guard deodorant in 1971".

Surely Cohen would have stormed that commercial world if only had he displayed his much loved armpits a bit more often, and come up with better brand names. Contemporary commentary proclaims "Leonard had quite a number of utter flops when he promoted his two new anti-deodorant products, "eau de Jazz Police ", and "Hallepoojah" ".

Shortly before his passing he was about to launch a new erectile dysfunction pill, called "So long, Marianne", with Geoffrey and I respectively starring as the before and after models.

Sadly, death was to take Leonard before he achieved the riches he had so desperately craved all the years of his obscure musical career. If only he had released more pop or even rock singles. It should not have been all about his beloved reggae.

I blame poor management and whoever was meant to be in charge of his fortunes deserves a real Lynching.
SOME PEOPLE NEVER GO CRAZY.
WHAT TRULY HORRIBLE LIVES
THEY MUST LEAD
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

solongleonard wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:18 pm Oh, I loved it when Leonard went through his Tom Selleck, Magnum phase. You have captured perfectly Leonard's walrus moustache...

Of course it wasn't just their similarity in looks ...
I always thought it was because of their shorts. Talk about minimalism!
Leonard.jpg
Magnum.jpg
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

In the spirit of minimalism, vegetarianism, rowdyism and chasmism, I will now share a few brief thoughts on Leonard's imposter phase. I acknowledge there are still many educated observers who hold that they are one and the same person, never on stage or film together and other clues. However, I need my complaints to be heard, and adjudicated upon in the Court of Pubic Opinion.

Let me begin this letter with a few simple statements of fact. First fact: The world is suffering from Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck's lack of faith in a transcendental truth. Second fact: Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck's methods are reliably unreliable. Third fact: It's quite sad that Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck chooses to squander its talent on this sort of sanctimonious narcissism. These three facts bear repeating over and over again. They are simple and self-evident, but it is easy to forget them in the blizzard of lies and obfuscation coming from Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck and its co-conspirators these days. There are a number of reasons Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck isn't telling us as to why it wants to scupper my initiative to tackle the multinational death machine that it is currently constructing. In this letter, I will expose those reasons one-by-one, on the principle that I have always been an independent thinker. I'm not influenced by popular trends, the media, or even so-called undisputed facts when parroted by others. Maybe that streak of independence is what first enabled me to see that Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck's ability to escape punishment for controlling, manipulating, and harming other people definitely tells us one thing. It tells us that our passage to Perdition has been booked. I believe it also tells us that Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck attracts soporific, unconscionable jackanapes to its entourage by telling them that human life is expendable. I suppose the people to whom it tells such things just want to believe lies that make them feel intellectually and spiritually superior to others. Whether or not that's the case, Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck avouches that it could do a gentler and fairer job of running the world than anyone else. It bases this belief on dubious Internet sources, which backs up my claim that if you'll allow me a minor dysphemism, Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck's incessant jactancy is really getting on my nerves. Or, to phrase that a little more politely, we mustn't be content to patch and darn, to piece and cobble at the worn and rotten fabric of Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck's negligent tractates. Instead we must shed the light of truth on the evil that is Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck.

Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck's corporate philosophy runs at widdershins to ordinary society. In particular, it believes in inciting pogroms, purges, and other mayhem. Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck approximates an irascible, mordacious smellfungus as far as practical action is concerned but differs in psychology, ideology and motivation, but what makes matters thoroughly intolerable is knowing that the best thing about Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck is the way that it encourages us to objurgate it for making people suspicious of those who speak the truth. No, wait; Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck doesn't encourage that. On the contrary, it discourages us from admitting that it can't fool me. I've met coprophagous deviants before so I know that if it weren't for Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck's double standards it would have no standards at all. Hence, it's absolutely a waste of time even to address Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck's hypocrisy. That's why I'll state merely that it has repeatedly been spotted branding me as spiteful. When questioned about that, it either denies any knowledge of it or offers unbelievable and ludicrous explanations that only a cranky kook could believe.

While Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck's endeavors use a philosophical device of asking one question, answering an utterly different question, and then applying that answer to the original question, it says that the government (and perhaps it itself) should have sweeping powers to arrest and hold people indefinitely on flimsy grounds. You know, I don't think I have heard a less factually based statement in my entire life. The last time I heard Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck ramble on in its characteristically bibulous blather it said something about wanting to impose ideology, control thought, and punish virtually any behavior it disapproves of. I feel sorry for the human race when I hear stuff like that. As I have said many times in the past, I have begun to see, more and more, how our failure to move ahead with a process that serves the interests of our country and all its citizens is reflected in our failure to help you reflect and reexamine your views on Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck. The situations are different, of course, but also similar. At the heart of both is Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck's success at subjecting people to daily verbal, behavioral, and environmental indignities. At the heart of both, there's a denial of reality. At the heart of both, there's the observation that the term “idiot savant” comes to mind when thinking of Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck. Admittedly, that term applies only halfway to it, which is why I allege that Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck labels anyone it doesn't like as “quisquilious”. That might well be a better description of it.

If I had to choose the most devious specimen from Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck's welter of splenetic gabble, it would have to be Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck's claim that militarism is a be-all, end-all system that should be forcefully imposed upon us. One other thing: Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck demands obeisance from its stooges. Then, once they prove their loyalty, Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck forces them to hand over the country to unflappably dastardly adulterers. To have the audacity to say that “moralistic chaterestres”—and let's be clear that Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck is referring here to its detractors—are incabable of offering manumission to those who are held captive by Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck's nefarious, ghastly treatises is, in my opinion, nothing short of macabre. I can't stress this enough, but unlike Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck, when I make a mistake I'm willing to admit it. Consequently, if—and I'm bending over backwards to maintain the illusion of “innocent until proven guilty”—it were not actually responsible for trying to subject people to daily verbal, behavioral, and environmental indignities, then I'd stop saying that Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck's patronizing dream is starting to come true. Liberties are being killed by attrition. Phallocentrism is being installed by accretion. The only way that we can reverse these ignorant, eccentric trends is to adduce abundant evidence that I always laugh when Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck declares ex cathedra that covinous potheads should be given absolute authority to declare that its mistakes are always someone else's fault. To be precise, given a choice of having Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck capitalize on our needs and vulnerabilities or having my bicuspids extracted sans Novocaine, I myself would embrace the pliers, purchase some Polident Partials, and call it a day.

We must understand that Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck bandies about the word “phytosociological” with such ponderous self-importance that its helpmates can't help but think that the bogeyman is going to get us if we don't agree to its demands. And we must formulate that understanding into as clear and cogent a message as possible. Have you ever stopped to consider the enormous havoc and ruin that has been wrought in this world by Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck and its hangers-on? I have. That's why I say that it displays the paranoid malice that is the hallmark of true feudalism. Every store in the country should have that chiseled in large letters over the entryway. Maybe then people would grasp that Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck recently stated that the worst classes of unsophisticated, crapulous half-wits I've ever seen are more deserving of honor than our nation's war heroes. It said that with a straight face, without even cracking a smile or suppressing a giggle. It said it as if it meant it. That's scary because its tricks began innocently enough with peaceful calls for democratic change. Unfortunately, Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck's brotherhood of biggety neopaganism enthusiasts has since morphed into the prime backer of a bloody, armed insurgency, replete with self-satisfied demands for lowering our standard of living.

Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck's flacks have repeatedly been caught abrogating some of our most fundamental freedoms. I had expected better from it and its vaunted phalanx of postmodernist nymphomaniacs, but then again, many people have been laying out some ideas and interpretations that hold the potential for insight, which is precisely as it should be. Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck wants to ridicule, parody, censor, and downgrade opposing ideas. Personally, I don't want that. Personally, I prefer freedom. If you also prefer freedom then you should be working with me to fight for economic, social, and cultural justice.

I have long suggested we make Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck pay for its crimes against humanity. Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck, however, rejects this suggestion as a ginned-up effort to undermine its authority. To that I say, Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck has nothing but contempt for you, and you don't even know it. That's why I feel obligated to inform you that it somehow manages to maintain a straight face when saying that decaying public confidence in our politics implies that the truth doesn't matter anymore. I am greatly grieved by this occurrence of falsehood and fantastic storytelling which is the resultant of layers of social dishevelment and disillusionment amongst the fine citizens of a once organized, motivated, and cognitively enlightened civilization.

No matter how imperfect our efforts, no matter how expedient ignoring our values may seem, we must raise people's consciousness about Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck's vindictive, insensitive hastily mounted campaigns. Need I say more? I don't think so, but this I will say: If I withheld my feelings on this matter, I'd be no less spleeny than Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck. If you understand that Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck's reinterpretations of historic events emblematize an increasing deturpation of cultural standards and a triumph of the meretricious, then you can comprehend that if you're interested in the finagling, double-dealing, chicanery, cheating, cajolery, cunning, rascality, and abject villainy by which Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck may shame the poor into blaming themselves for losing the birth lottery some day, then you'll want to consider the following very carefully. You'll especially want to consider that Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck deceptively claims that it's listening to our suggestions. The reality, however, is that it's thumbing the scales towards its own despicable apothegms even though it knows that I have no set opinion as to whether or not I, speaking as someone who is not a slovenly phlyarologist, obviously feel that we should refer to it using the sobriquet “Imprudent Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ” Moustache' Selleck" because it's so thoroughly imprudent, not to mention muddleheaded. I do, however, indubitably proclaim that Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck deeply believes that everyone who is speaking truth to power has a dark, ulterior motive for doing so. It may suit its world view to assume that the intentions of its foes are malicious, but unless Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck can read minds, it's difficult to impossible for anyone to verify that assumption. Hence, let me make the counterproposal that the reality is that if Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck had even a shred of intellectual integrity, it'd admit that its intent is to prevent us from asking questions. Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck doesn't want the details checked. It doesn't want anyone looking for any facts other than the official facts it presents to us. I wonder if this is because most of its “facts” are false.

In case you hadn't heard, in the next few weeks I intend to write another letter similar to this one. While the letter you're reading now focuses on how all of Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck's ipse dixits are paralogistic, my next letter will make the complementary point that rather than making a truly positive contribution to society, it resorts to tokenistic, feel-good gestures that patronize some and enrage others. Sad, but true. And it'll only get worse if it finds a way to criticize other people's beliefs, fashion sense, and lifestyle. The vast majority of Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck's confederates have no interest in making some changes here. They would rather stroke their fragile egos, regurgitate meaningless tripe, and sycophantically prostrate themselves before the idiotic dribble that underlies Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck's malign nostrums. How is it that I knew from the beginning that Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck would dupe people into believing that newspapers should report only on items it agrees with? Am I smarter than everyone else? No, not at all. I'll admit that I'm smarter than Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck but that's like saying that I'm smarter than a toad. I knew what Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck would do because I realized that there's only one true drama queen around here, and Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck is the one wearing the crown.

We've all heard Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck yammer and whine about how it's being scapegoated again, the poor dear. If someone were to throw us into a “heads I win, tails you lose” situation, I'd rather it be an army of fatuous good-for-nothings than Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck because the latter is money-grubbing, while the former are only clueless. I don't know which are worse, right-wing tyrants or left-wing tyrants. But I do know that ancient Greek dramatists discerned a peculiar virtue in being tragic. Leonard Cohen masquerading as Tom ' Moustache" Selleck would do well to realize that they never discerned any virtue in being parvanimous. I'd like to end this letter on an upbeat note: If you want to act honorably, it doesn't matter who you are. All that matters is the kind of transformation you hope to effect in the world.
THEY MUST LEAD
LisaLCFan

Maximalism

Post by LisaLCFan »

solongleonard wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:40 am...quisquilious...
The first known use of this word, in print, was by Jeremy Bentham, according to the OED. I mention this for two reasons:

1) Your post is completely quisquilious; and
2) Jeremy Bentham was a fascinating chap, and if you don't believe me*, read this (it is absolutely true):

https://www.buzzfeed.com/hayleycampbell ... .rf1M4xWRe

* Even if you do believe me, read it anyway -- you'll be glad you did, because it will be one of the most interesting things you've ever read!
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

p.s. Now that you've all learned more about the great Jeremy Bentham, please take note that Geoffrey's minimalist picture of Leonard "Looks-nothing-like-Tom-Selleck" Cohen is very nice.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

LisaLCFan wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:09 am p.s. Now that you've all learned more about the great Jeremy Bentham, please take note that Geoffrey's minimalist picture of Leonard "Looks-nothing-like-Tom-Selleck" Cohen is very nice.
you are kind to me, lisa - thank you <3
do not dress in those rags for me.jpg
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

where is the walrus moustache?

I am the egg man
They are the egg men
I am the walrus
Goo goo g'joob

There is no escape from eggs at this time of the year. When I share the celebrations of Easter I eat too many. When I am home for Pesach I buy 4 dozen. It is an instruction that observant Jews do not eggs which contain blood. Luckily I can check first as there is a crack in everything.

I am sorry that on this rare occasion I could not play with words and find a Leonard Cohen connection to add to my observations.

https://oukosher.org/blog/kosher-profes ... ood-spots/
THEY MUST LEAD
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

solongleonard wrote: where is the walrus moustache?
shaved it off. did you notice him tapping the ash off his cigar?
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

Look my team are about to be relegated out of the damn league and you talk about Leonard and cigarette ash.

Who is “the child” here *

Solong

* that comment is dead subtle and will not be understood except by you or another decent speaker of Norwegian, Danish, or Swedish
THEY MUST LEAD
199Dan

Post by 199Dan »

Jeremy Bentham !!
What a story. What a fun story .
Was this part of April Fool's Day celebration ? True or not it was a great read . I am going with true.

But I now know the meaning of quisquilious and can't wait to use it in a polite converstion .
Maybe with the child.

Knock knock.
Who's there ?
Knock knock!
Who's there?
Knock knock!!
Who's there??
Philip Glass
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

199Dan wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:48 pm Jeremy Bentham !!
What a story. What a fun story .
Was this part of April Fool's Day celebration ? True or not it was a great read . I am going with true.
Glad you enjoyed it! And it is absolutely true (the April 1st posting date was a mere coincidence -- it was only 31 March here!).

I don't get the Philip Glass joke. :oops:
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

explanation: michael supports a notoriously inept football team called 'barnet', the name of a london district to which he holds some kind of obscure connection, and like the losers they are, the gormless twits lose virtually every match they play. michael's wordplay is based upon the word 'barnet' which in norwegian means 'the child'. ('barn' means 'child', while 'et' at the end of a word means simply 'the' - a suffix of the neutral (intetkjønn) gender. so, whereas 'barnet' means 'the child', so 'et barn' would mean 'a child'. might sound a little complicated to anyone unaccustomed to language genders, but it's not so hard if a desire to learn is present.
https://youtu.be/a9Msjo6NshM

private message to michael, nothing important:
hei mike, dette er viktig! meldingen din, morsom som den utvilsomt er, utelukker de som har null kunnskap om de skandinaviske språkene, og det er, selvfølgelig, svært beklagelig. fred være med deg :-)
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Geoffrey wrote:... michael's wordplay is based upon the word 'barnet' which in norwegian means 'the child'. ('barn' means 'child', while 'et' at the end of a word means simply 'the' - a suffix of the neutral (intetkjønn) gender. so, whereas 'barnet' means 'the child', so 'et barn' would mean 'a child'. might sound a little complicated to anyone unaccustomed to language genders, but it's not so hard if a desire to learn is present...
So, it's a kind of "buzzword". (That's another subtle bit of wordplay! ;-) )
Geoffrey wrote:...
private message to michael, nothing important:
hei mike, dette er viktig! meldingen din, morsom som den utvilsomt er, utelukker de som har null kunnskap om de skandinaviske språkene, og det er, selvfølgelig, svært beklagelig. fred være med deg :-)
"Fred" be with you, too!
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

Jeremy Bentham was a man of leisure, took his pleasure in the evening sun
Laid him down in a bed of roses, finally decided to become a nun.

Talk with the sister, spoke in a whisper, threatened to fist her if she
Didn't come clean
Jumped on the mother just like a brother asked one another if the other is
A queen.

Diggin' the sister she was a mister shouldn't have kissed her, but he
Couldn't say no
Wanted to leave her couldn't believe her, so he picked up his suit-case and
Decided to go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIT2rsoC22E
THEY MUST LEAD