i know you need your sleep now . . .

This is for your own works!!!
Geoffrey

i know you need your sleep now . . .

Post by Geoffrey »

. . . i know your life's been hard.
sleeping.jpg
MaryB

Re: i know you need your sleep now . . .

Post by MaryB »

This really touched me Geoffrey - thank you!
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

MaryB wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:36 pm This really touched me Geoffrey - thank you!
this is appreciated, mary

very few people in this forum
like my work enough to make a comment

wishing you well :-)
Kaylin

Post by Kaylin »

Geoffrey, you say that most people don't respond to your artwork – and I thought I can no longer be a silent admirer. I love your artwork, this piece especially... and I prefer these to the digital works, which by other standards I'd consider 'good' but don't compare, IMO.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

Kaylin wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:33 am Geoffrey, you say that most people don't respond to your artwork – and I thought I can no longer be a silent admirer. I love your artwork, this piece especially... and I prefer these to the digital works, which by other standards I'd consider 'good' but don't compare, IMO.
hei kaylin, so encouraging that you are inspired not to remain silent, and that you come with a message of positivity is extra pleasant. digital pictures are just one of several techniques, none of which are created solely for praise, but reaction of any kind. most of us possess an amount of creativity in some form or other, or have a special pastime that we particularly enjoy doing, and should you write again it could be interesting to learn a little about this area of your resourcefulness. if you prefer not to share, that is all right too - the most important thing is that one feels comfortable. thank you so much for a lovely response that reminded me of a poem written by leonard a long while ago, called 'for anne' - see below :-)
data city.jpg
https://youtu.be/mwiqxOuwJjg
with annie gone
whose eyes to compare
with the morning sun?
not that i did compare
but i do compare
now that she's gone
tularosa

Post by tularosa »

Geoffrey, me too, I like your work ... but my english is so bad ... :roll:
solongleonard

Re: i know you need your soup now . . .

Post by solongleonard »

Helo, I likes your photo of lazy man sleepings in day time at shop but I dont think look a lots like Lenard Cohen. I want very muching you try agains and good lucks from Norways (country far away and not famous . One days you visit?)
SOME PEOPLE NEVER GO CRAZY.
WHAT TRULY HORRIBLE LIVES
THEY MUST LEAD
Kaylin

Post by Kaylin »

Geoffrey wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:37 am hei kaylin, so encouraging that you are inspired not to remain silent, and that you come with a message of positivity is extra pleasant. digital pictures are just one of several techniques, none of which are created solely for praise, but reaction of any kind. most of us possess an amount of creativity in some form or other, or have a special pastime that we particularly enjoy doing, and should you write again it could be interesting to learn a little about this area of your resourcefulness. if you prefer not to share, that is all right too - the most important thing is that one feels comfortable. thank you so much for a lovely response that reminded me of a poem written by leonard a long while ago, called 'for anne' - see below :-)
Hi Geoffrey, Thank you for your response:) You are a thought provoking individual. The 'data city' work was the last thing I would have expected to see as another of your art projects. Versatile stream of consciousness. My mind went in a couple strange directions after that in a fun way.

Like another poster after me, I too saw Leonard somewhat ambiguously in this drawing, and also my late father (still a fresh memory for me, his last days, and Leonard, and the welcome rest of sleep).

I used to paint and draw -- haven't tried anything in a very long time. Recently however I've been thinking it would be a good thing to maybe do some paintings of my darling nephews and nieces. When I see your work, I feel inspired to do so:) I am not nearly as talented as you, but I feel a kindred affinity to your loose sketchy style.

Thank you for the Leonard poem, cannot believe he is gone... I've been a very long admirer of his.
Gullivor

Post by Gullivor »

Very nice!
We’ve all come to
This moment
To find out
Who we are.
Painted colors
Scribed words
Sweetly found.
~Gully~
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

i am very moved by the warmth emitting from these messages. there is a giant festival going on through the night outside my door, so i'll be back later. meanwhile, stay safe. leave you with another 'loose sketch' - from a few minutes ago. see you in a bit, chaos here :-)
loose sketch.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

hello kaylin.
sad to learn that your father's passing is still a fresh memory. having lost several people very close to me; that is something i can relate to quite well. talking about it with others seems to help a lot, so don't hesitate to share your feelings - here or anywhere :-)

yes, you absolutely should pick up your equipment again and paint your nephews and nieces, or anybody/anything - so important. creating something in any form is usually good for one's well-being, pure therapy. doesn't need to be a masterpiece, when you're drawing something, the more mistakes you make the closer it gets to being art anyway.

your contact is so appreciated, kaylin. write again if you get the time, good to hear from you. yesterday evening was great here, streets full of people shouting and dancing, loud music thumping from a stadium down the road, huge laser lights beaming into the heavens. contrast now, grey saturday morning, deathly quiet, drizzling rain - not an inspiring situation.
Kaylin

Post by Kaylin »

Geoffrey wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:45 am hello kaylin.
sad to learn that your father's passing is still a fresh memory. having lost several people very close to me; that is something i can relate to quite well. talking about it with others seems to help a lot, so don't hesitate to share your feelings - here or anywhere :-)

yes, you absolutely should pick up your equipment again and paint your nephews and nieces, or anybody/anything - so important. creating something in any form is usually good for one's well-being, pure therapy. doesn't need to be a masterpiece, when you're drawing something, the more mistakes you make the closer it gets to being art anyway.

your contact is so appreciated, kaylin. write again if you get the time, good to hear from you. yesterday evening was great here, streets full of people shouting and dancing, loud music thumping from a stadium down the road, huge laser lights beaming into the heavens. contrast now, grey saturday morning, deathly quiet, drizzling rain - not an inspiring situation.
Greetings Geoffrey,

Thank you for your encouraging post. Since my dad passed, my siblings and I fondly remember the little things. As he got close to his end (he was very old 97) a couple of times he got dressed, wanted to know where his hat, wallet and suitcase were, and called us all into his room to say 'thank you and goodbye', as if he was 'waiting for his ride' to pick him up. I cannot explain it well, but still feel like smiling more than tears at the this.

I picked up some art supplies a few months ago, but haven't done anything.. yet. My favorite art-subject matter was people, often older faces, or with character/texture. Over the years I realize how much I appreciate the outdoors and feel most inspired by a beautiful landscape. But, I've never been a landscape painter.. better a spectator, I think. I wholeheartedly agree that there is something theraputic when drawing or painting.. my mind goes happily elsewhere in the process.

Sounds like you had a fun evening of music and festivities. In the town I used to live in, I was not far from outdoor live music on Saturday evenings/Summer... it was *usually* enjoyable.

Now in the US, I am directly in the total solar eclipse path for Monday, and people are getting very psyched over it. It is hard to know how much this was over or under hyped, but around here it is a very hot topic.

Enjoy your weekend, and keep painting!!!
solongleonard

Re: i know you need your soup now . . .

Post by solongleonard »

I am often found in the soup kitchen, (eating the food of starving homeless people). However, the beseeching title of this thread leads me to believe that your soup needs may even be embiggen than mine. Ok, here's the deal. Get a straw, slurp off your soup and get out of my kitchen and never come back again until next meal. I like to help. I guess it's a need I have. This quarry may be an almost empty corner of the Interlope but I am trying to raise the interest and also the tone.
Attachments
Soup.jpg
Soup.jpg (7.73 KiB) Viewed 2786 times
THEY MUST LEAD
Geoffrey

Re: i know you need four sheep now . . .

Post by Geoffrey »

solongleonard wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:26 pmI am trying to raise the interest and also the tone.
me too :-)
woman.jpg
solongleonard

Re: i know you need four play now . . .

Post by solongleonard »

Geoffrey wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:56 pm
solongleonard wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:26 pmI am trying to raise the interest and also the tone.
me too :-)
woman.jpg

thank you, like you I am also a big fan of Beyonce but have never drawn her with such heartbreaking accuracy as you do here.
THEY MUST LEAD

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”