'dance me to your beauty'

This is for your own works!!!
Geoffrey

'dance me to your beauty'

Post by Geoffrey »

at first i believed these two were fighting, then later i wondered if they were just playing, but now i realise they are actually dancing - and i think that makes it a happier picture :-)
'dance me to your beauty'.jpg
LisaLCFan

Re: 'dance me to your beauty'

Post by LisaLCFan »

They are very sweet! I enjoy this new direction you've gone with your artwork: the flowers, the horses. Your colourful style elicits cheer in the observer! Thank you for sharing them with us!
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

My money is on the black one to win in Round 3 the latest. Indeed I already know the true life story that he annihilated the white one. The defeated horsey was never seen again and this led to Leopard, who had bet $5 on the loser, composing his lament The Ballad Of The Absent Mare.
yeah, well, errrrm, hum, yeah, ok, I dunno, articulation is not my fing, who cares, SHUT IT YOU MUPPET, blah blah blah
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

sideways wrote:
>my money is on the black one to win

when leonard said there is a war between the black and white, i think he was talking about people, not horses.

"the bird of time has but a little way to fly, and behold - 'tis already on the wing!" - omar khayyam
sunset.jpg
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

Geoffrey wrote:sideways wrote:
>my money is on the black one to win

when leonard said there is a war between the black and white, i think he was talking about people, not horses.
oh, really? I thought that was why your painting is focused on Muhammad Ali. Sorry, if I have misunderstood

Sue
yeah, well, errrrm, hum, yeah, ok, I dunno, articulation is not my fing, who cares, SHUT IT YOU MUPPET, blah blah blah
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Oooooooooooooo... I love the bird with the ideal Omar Khayyam quote 8)

Your horses, too, of course :)

In my world, the bird with quote is frameable for me.

xx
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

lizzytysh wrote:I love the bird with the ideal Omar Khayyam quote, Your horses, too. xx
thank you, dear lizzie. i started painting horses because someone told me they were harder to do than portraits - not for me though. here is the cover of leonard's brand new single: 'night comes on #2', an adult version of the song on his 'various positions' album. xx
new song.jpg
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

Geoffrey wrote:
lizzytysh wrote:I love the bird with the ideal Omar Khayyam quote, Your horses, too. xx
thank you, dear lizzie. i started painting horses because someone told me they were harder to do than portraits - not for me though. here is the cover of leonard's brand new single: 'night comes on #2', an adult version of the song on his 'various positions' album. xx
new song.jpg

I ran out of parents in the late 90's. Do you know the legal position about me watching this CD without their consent? I bought the first copy printed back in 1973, it cost me 8 Euros then, when it was first released but I forgot to ask Mum and Dad for permission to see it.Now it is just too late to expect a proper answer. I wonder if you, Mr Wren, as a very old man, could adopt me as your daughter or act in locust parentile simply for the purpose of me viewing it. I will make no other demands of you (apart from a skipping rope and some sweets). Is that ok? I can ask Sue's lawyer to draw up the papers and then I will obviously send you the bill, Dad. All agreed?

Orphan Sue
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

:lol: :lol: :lol: One of your better wind-ups, I must say, uhm... what's your name... oh, yeah, Sideways Sue.
~ Oscar Wilde
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Gotta love those adult versions... with Leonard, especially... are the lyrics totally lacking in nuance and innuendo?
Can't say as I'd hang the bat on the wall... as delightful and helpful creatures as they are, and do very well in hanging themselves.

You paint the horses so well... must have been a surprize to you, given the warnings of others.

Love to you, g.

xxx
~ Oscar Wilde
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Geoffrey wrote:i started painting horses because someone told me they were harder to do than portraits - not for me though
For me, the main difference between your human portraits and these other subjects of yours is that, in your portraits, I think that you are able to capture something of the essence of the person you are painting. Thus, there is a "life" in your portraits because of this, and it is this aspect that gives observers a sense that they are not merely looking at a two-dimensional image of the external appearance of person, rather, they are getting a glimpse into something that exists within the person. That is why I so enjoy the portraits you paint.

Perhaps it is more difficult to capture the internal essence of an animal (or a plant) such that a painting of them can come to life in the way that a portrait of a person can come to life.
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

LisaLCFan wrote:
Geoffrey wrote:i started painting horses because someone told me they were harder to do than portraits - not for me though
For me, the main difference between your human poor traits and these other subjects of yours is that, in your poor traits, I think that you are able to capture something of the vanilla essence of the person you are painting.

I think you are too kind here, Frisco Kid. I wouldn't say that it is simply one of Geoffrey's "poor traits" to paint horses. I think it is gross cruelty if not downright criminal, (I would consult my lawyer on this last issue but I am scared he might give me the eyebrow again).

Hear me now Rude boy, this is the way I see it . You can paint your own bedroom walls whenever you wish, if you work for the Parks Authority you can change the colour of a bench. You can even paint St Paul's Cathedral if your name is Wren. BUT WHAT THE HECKY HECK ALLOWS YOU TO APPROACH IDENTICAL TWIN WHITE HORSEYS AND PAINT ONE OF THEM BLACK AS FRISCO KID SWEARS YOU DID. THIS IS WAR AND I AM NOT SCARED EVEN THOUGH YOU BOAST THAT MOHAMMED ALI AND THE QUEEN ARE PERSONAL FRIENDS OF YOURS.

My mane objection to Geoffrey's vandalism in painting horses is the danger of bristles from his brush hurting the horsey's eyes. Now it is spring and very warm out I also think it is wrong for Geoffrey to keep boasting that he "always gives the horseys 3 coats" . They must be a'swelterin' and a'sweatin'. At this rate they might soon be a'suffocatin',Man.

Don't you care about the poor horseys, Geoffrey? Don't you care?

Sue
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

While we are on the subject of animal cruelty, I had been wondering what Geoffrey did to that poor bat to keep in that position while he painted it. It looks rather like those insects pinned to a board that one sees in natural history museums. It clearly doesn't look happy. :(
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

yes many people have cruel steaks in them, like the time when Geoffrey ate 6 sides of beef all from cows raised in small pens.
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

I would like to rescind all previous comments that may have erroneously implied that Geoffrey is anything other than a kind and upstanding individual. After all, he so gallantly came to my defence when I was recently being attacked by a monkey wielding a salad, and thus it is rather inconceivable that he would inflict harm on any of god's creatures. Artists are sensitive people, and we must be mindful of such things whilst engaging in any sort of verbal sparring, lest an innocent bystander be flogged by a flailing foil.

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”