'dance me to your beauty'

This is for your own works!!!
Sideways

Re: 'dance me to your beauty'

Post by Sideways »

England is obsessed with winning. Apparently we are the "best" at everything. I am relaxed at losing. I recommend this approach and I know it's not for everyone. It has the advantage for me that I don't feel bad at the end of a spat.

Sue
yeah, well, errrrm, hum, yeah, ok, I dunno, articulation is not my fing, who cares, SHUT IT YOU MUPPET, blah blah blah
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Sideways wrote: I am relaxed at losing. I recommend this approach and I know it's not for everyone. It has the advantage for me that I don't feel bad at the end of a spat.

Sue
Oh, I didn't realise that we were having a "spat"! I simply looked upon our exchange as a teachable moment, and I seized the opportunity to provide knowledge and enlightenment.

Cheers!
Lisa
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

LisaLCFan wrote:
Sideways wrote: I am relaxed at losing. I recommend this approach and I know it's not for everyone. It has the advantage for me that I don't feel bad at the end of a spat.

Sue
Oh, I didn't realise that we were having a "spat"! I simply looked upon our exchange as a teachable moment, and I seized the opportunity to provide knowledge and enlightenment.

Cheers!
Lisa
OH, WHERE DID YOU GET THAT SPAT
WHERE DID YOU GET THAT STYLE?

Now how I came to get this hat, 'tis very strange and funny
Grandfather died and left to me his property and money
And when the will it was read out, they told me straight and flat
If I would have his money, I must always wear his hat

CHORUS
"Where did you get that hat? Where did you get that tile?
Isn't it a nobby one, and just the proper style?
I should like to have one Just the same as that!"
Where'er I go, they shout "Hello! Where did you get that hat?"

Now here is a short quiz, which should be easy for anyone with letters after her name. Of which word is this a definition
"full of animation, energy, or courage; spirited; spunky; plucky: The champion is faced with a ????? challenge".

Sue
yeah, well, errrrm, hum, yeah, ok, I dunno, articulation is not my fing, who cares, SHUT IT YOU MUPPET, blah blah blah
Karren B
Location: At the Cottage in the Village by the River near the Castle.

Post by Karren B »

Feisty?
'Take the breath of a new dawn
And make it a part of you.
It will give you strength'
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

Karren B wrote:Feisty?

You cheated! you considered the person I was spatting with rather than the entymology. Admit it, you had ants in your pants to get the correct answer.
Many conantulations

Sue
Karren B

Post by Karren B »

Sue wrote
You cheated! you considered the person I was spatting with rather than the entymology. Admit it, you had ants in your pants to get the correct answer.
Many conantulations
Moi Cheat! :shock: ...I’d say resourceful, or even Magick?

Now that's what you call resourceful...

OUCH, something just bit me!
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

As a mere woman, I am hardly in a position to judge your attached photograph. However, my instincts lead me to the warning that you should not let men gaze upon it. A vulnerable young man, such as Geoffrey, may find the adult content disturbing.

Sue
Karren B

Post by Karren B »

Geoffrey and vulnerable are not two words I would put in the same sentence.
I think he’s a big boy now and has probably painted much worse.
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Sideways wrote:
Karren B wrote:Feisty?
Many conantulations

Sue
Well, well. I go out for a few hours, and when I return, I find that somebody has hijacked my friendly "spat" with Sue, and answered my quiz question! Have I been replaced, are we anonymous forumites* that interchangeable? Karren B may have... whatever that is on her legs (what is that?), but does she have any tattoos?

"Feisty", eh? Thanks! :D

Lisa

*The proper entomological term for those who infeist internet forums.
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

Karren B has the entire Edinburgh Tattoo on her back.

Feisty is a very high complisult.

You're either forum or against 'um.

Sue

FYI* I do not embrace being educated or taught here as it merely reinforces my sad complex about not having a Uni degree.

* An interspat abbreviation denoting "For your insect".
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Sideways wrote:I do not embrace being educated or taught here as it merely reinforces my sad complex about not having a Uni degree.
You and Geoffrey can compare notes on your lack-of-letters complexes! But, seriously, if you spent enough time around the Uni world and got to know enough academics, the main question on your mind would be, "How the hell did most of these idiots earn all those degrees?" (Myself excluded, of course!) ;-)
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

LisaLCFan wrote:
Sideways wrote:I do not embrace being educated or taught here as it merely reinforces my sad complex about not having a Uni degree.
You and Geoffrey can compare notes on your lack-of-letters complexes! But, seriously, if you spent enough time around the Uni world and got to know enough academics, the main question on your mind would be, "How the hell did most of these idiots earn all those degrees?" (Myself excluded, of course!) ;-)
I spend plenty time around an academic genius and it only confirms my sadness about lack of academic qualifications.

Sue Lancelot
Karren B

Post by Karren B »

Karren B has the entire Edinburgh Tattoo on her back.
And I thought you could keep a secret Sue. Never letting you iron my shirt again!
[shakes head in disappointment].
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

as this thread is called 'dance me to your beauty', perhaps it is permissible to include a touch of elegance. i realise it will be ridiculed by the uncultured among us, but caviar will always be wasted when fed to apes.
------------------------------
giselle died tragically of a broken heart upon learning her lover was betrothed to another. at night, albrecht lays flowers on her grave, and weeps uncontrollably with guilt. upon seeing her ghostly spirit appear before him, he begs for forgiveness. with undiminished love, she gives it - without hesitation. her spirit is then taken by the merciless queen myrtha and her assembly of other wronged souls.

https://youtu.be/ql3o-1eSdbQ
Boss

Post by Boss »

Just quietly, want to thank all contributors on this thread. I haven't laughed so heavily in ages. Beautiful wit.

Boss
'In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer' - Albert Camus

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”