Melbourne Story

This is for your own works!!!
taens

Re: Melbourne/Brisbane Story

Postby taens » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:09 am

You have found the Key, Boss! To know this makes me smile) I am happy for you sincerely)
Last edited by taens on Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Best wishes,
Tanya.
Boss

Postby Boss » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:54 am

Thank you so much Tanya for your very positive post. I think you do get my drift. You make me determined to open that door and accept what has to be. Thank you, you made my day.

------

Diffidently, I ask the question, "Why?"
The wind answers gently, "You have lived in this house longer than the mountains have stood - it is time you left."
"But why such pain, why this so awful loneliness?"
"Suffering is known to every man. Do you think you're the exception? All men try to avoid it. You did but where'd it get ya'? Better off hitting it head on rather than running away."
"Maybe I'm not strong enough."
The wind blew through the trees, "We are counting on you."
Night filled the valley. The man fell asleep.

------

Shabbat Shalom - I said my prayers out loud, twice,
Adam
mat james

Postby mat james » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:53 pm

I'm not sure what is happening Boss, but I think you are onto "it". Don't give up now; keep at it, whatever "it" is.

Mat.
"Without light or guide, save that which burned in my heart." San Juan de la Cruz.
taens

Postby taens » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:44 pm

Last edited by taens on Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Best wishes,
Tanya.
Boss

Postby Boss » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:40 pm

...and Tanya, this 'darkness' is inside each of us. It is not outside of us. It is the fear, the indecision and even the hatred within. G-d resides here as well; our omnipotent, omnipresent king. But all of us harbor confusion, we are not perfect. We were not meant to be. There is a battle and it is with ourselves - our frailties our doubts, even our upbringings. That's what any good story will tell - any old Biblical story. They all talk of the courage needed, the shaping of a soul. Here, faith in G-d is paramount. It's what He has meant all these years. He gives us hope. He is hope. But the deed is up to us, each of us, often alone. He allows us room to move - He is keen for us to grow to our full potential. If we put our trust in Him, real trust, He will be there. When you think there's just nothing left, when it is all hopeless, when you're shivering beneath a tree at 4am somewhere in the Galilee, believe me, He is there. Our G-d is one of consistency but He has been known to surprise, even shock. He's also been known to level cities. If you need love you only have to ask. Ah but then again, even if you don't ask, you'll get it. I don't blame Him for being angry - such a thundercloud is a-coming!

Thanks Mat - your encouragement is welcome. I don't think I've 'found' anything as such - I just have a new vantage point. Cheers mate.

7th December 10.57am

At the SDA church. The people seem warm. About to get a sermon.

12.18pm

After many songs, a few brief messages and half way through the main sermon, I left. It wasn't for me. The people were friendly but I think we are just too different. G-d bless them all.

Boss
taens

Postby taens » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:47 pm

Last edited by taens on Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Best wishes,
Tanya.
taens

Postby taens » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:08 pm

Last edited by taens on Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Best wishes,
Tanya.
Boss

Postby Boss » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:50 am

For Dylan

A lady once told me I'm free
I said, "The birds are still chained to the skies."

Forty years passed
I told the lady, "But now, you are right."

-----

Tanya, your image looks like a pair of lady's lips in the sky in a place that should be the sun. But I notice there is a light there. Tell me, what does it mean? I've never been too good with this sort of thing.
taens

Postby taens » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:12 pm

Last edited by taens on Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Best wishes,
Tanya.
Boss

Postby Boss » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:11 am

I am leaving this thread for some time, the reasons are probably obvious. But before I go I leave this:

The time draws near in our godless world, in our world of finance and materialism. Its shadow has been cast, its truth a ramshackle relic of the past. When greed consumes everything, there's always going to be a backlash. The balance must be set. It won't be long now. It won't be long for justice and it won't be long for love. There was always going to be a showdown. It has been spoken of for thousands of years. But for the poor and the broken, for them to be victorious, that is the true delight. The day when every soul is equal, yet uniquely different, that is what is coming down! A world in harmony, where the boss is no billionaire, and freedom is more prevalent than fear. Where females have a role, where males know of honour. Together, we can do it! Finally, at last.

Adam

Ps - Jackie, have I told you lately that I love you? I once did. Maybe I will again.
Last edited by Boss on Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
imaginary friend

Postby imaginary friend » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:57 pm

Dear Boss,

Before you go, thank you for this thread. I once heard an author/philosopher interviewed and when asked if he had regrets, he said: 'I wasn't brave enough. And I wasn't kind enough.'

Well Boss, you will never have to regret either of those things. May the force (whatever it is) be with you. Oh, and the photos of you are lovely – thanks for those too.

xo
Boss

Postby Boss » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:54 am

Hey Imaginary, everyone likes to think of themselves as being a bit brave, but there are so many ways in which I could improve my kindness.

Epilogue

I was talking to a mate and he says to me:

"Wonder what person would come along and sabotage a perfectly good piece of pottery? Where do people get off nowadays? Why did they want to stop me; interfere? They pick on a broken down man, someone just trying to find his feet. For the life of me, why spoil my work? They should know that what they put out they'll get back - it's the law of averages. They can't and they won't win. Get it through your head whoever you are. You can't and you don't win."

I said, "Mate, does it mean that much to you?"

He said, "Bloody oath!"

"Alright, let's do somethin' about it."

"What can we do?"

"Well your pottery always concerns the Holy City - Rome - so let's go there and find the perpetrators, the truth. Then you'll know, mate, be sure."

"You know Adz, you might be right. Damn, you are right! Let's go to Rome!"

"Old mate, let me tell you something about faith. Just the smallest bit, as much as a mustard seed said an ace Jewish rabbi once, is enough to move mountains. You gotta fill yourself up on it. Your pottery may be broken but you aren't, not yet anyway. I'm tellin' ya', if you just believe, He'll be there. Well find those interlopers in Rome because you believe we will and yeah, G-d is always there to lend a hand - particularly if asked. You see the 'end of the world' is nonsense. If G-d has anything to do with it, it will be a beautiful beginning. We've just got to mop up the faithless. Just got to reel in the good."

------

12.19pm Saturday 14th of December

I tried something, it didn't work. I didn't work. I had no will, I hardly tried at the end. Just plain gave up. I apologise to anyone who would care, who would expect better of me - but I don't think whether I succeed matters to anyone at all. I'll resume my paltry life in the sticks unaware of the noise in the city, of the damned noise.

3.14pm

On the plane home. Certainly is nowhere near as exciting as the trip up. I think the fault was the city. Big pretentious buildings, dirty cars, lights at every corner, the general angst of city-dwellers. I chose the wrong spot; I like the beach or mountains. Not a muggy gridlocked place. Guess old Brissie town won't be welcoming me back in a hurry. It wasn't you Brisbane, it was me. I just wasn't ready for ya'. I thought I was ready, I was not.

7.27pm

Amongst loved ones - for now, anyhow. Five weeks down, 34 days to be precise. I did alright. I reckon I did.
taens

Postby taens » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:36 pm

Last edited by taens on Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Best wishes,
Tanya.
Boss

Re: Melbourne Story

Postby Boss » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:05 am

http://youtu.be/iAK8n73FDuE

Melbourne Story continues on until she sees me baby in my room in the afternoon. Next week, next decade - she is coming. Not just for a cup of tea, she is coming for keeps. Tanya, you speak of belief - well let me tell you something, I believe in Jackie and me and if I have to tell it to the world from some broken down Melbourne joint, damn it I will say it - I love you Bubella and I always did.

Weather mildish today warming up to 40!! down the track. Melbourne's unpredictability is part of her grace. 3 more shows for Leonard. Wonder if he gives a clue on further touring.

I feel a little flat but in the same breath I am especially happy to be home. If things work out, I'm planning to take Mum to Israel and possibly Bratislava next European Autumn. She will be 75. I'd so love to get her there. I think this lady deserves it. They're my plans to now, anyway.

In peace,
Boss
taens

Re: Melbourne Story

Postby taens » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:23 pm

Last edited by taens on Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Best wishes,
Tanya.

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”