a poem a day

This is for your own works!!!
apple

a poem a day

Post by apple »

maybe i'll write a little poem every day
in a way it may help me stay alive
searching for the words to plead to enjoy another day.
everything is so enjoyable except the cold
mu daughter rushes to do the laundry - she climb atop the table
son # 1 cannot wait to create some kitchen disaster. he cooks like a dervish... devilish and spicey. he makes a mess and will not clean it altho his heart is in the right place. " Mom - you want me to wash the dishes with soap. i gotcha - it's done.

yesterday they made a ton of bacon for sandwiches which were quite cold.

i stand and my feet do not know where to go. Seriously.. nothing really works on my body . I say "Mary - raise your arm and it does not raise... go figure. i am grateful i have been restricted from driving
less responsibility, less probability, less capability of having an accident.

i think today we make the neopolitans.... the world's best cookies.
Everyone will get presents and be happy.

i miss the carefree days of happy hours, bloody mary's and stumbling home a little drunk on the arm of a friend

http://thehopefulhestia.wordpress.com/2 ... n-cookies/

yesterday i washed my phone in the washer.
Cate

Re: a poem a day

Post by Cate »

washing your phone, sounds like something I'd do :razz: ... Is it okay? you could try putting it in rice to dry it out.

I like this Mary. I'm fond of poems with a conversational tone, they make me feel included.

The cookies look great - they look a bit tricky to make though.
Maybe we should have a thread for recipe poems
apple

Post by apple »

yesterday i fell.

I felt like the advertisement that says Help - I've fallen and I can't get up

i was totally paralyzed
my arms could not work
ii couldn't roll over
i was stuck on the ice and behoove me to behold I couldn't move at all and the family was shopping for me.
i tried to sit up but couldn't.
they bought me flour and sugar,
eggs and food coloring

i will nap and wait for my daughter to help tomorrow and hope the marzipan comes in the mail.
i love ebay.

i was totally stuck without any resource to move.

this is the 3rd time i've experience this type of paralysis

i guess this is brain tumors - they seem to get worse everyday in spite of the radiation... the constant onslaught of radiation daily.

. i really don't like the idea of even thinking of my demise.. much less the paralysis thing.... the thought of a wheel chair or hospital bed. What i like about you guys is that you don't constantly ask how i am. i have a couple other forums that really try my patience.

how are you
we love you
thinking about you apple.

we hope you are fine. blah blah blah blah blah. if i am going to up and die i will announce it loudly in all caps and in green.. like this

BLAH BLAH BESIDES these poems seem to be about the angst of love, anguish and deep throated kisses (yuk)

i am fine for now. I will certainly detail the details of the neopolitans. my daughter totally has all the other cookies covered... she cooks and cooks and cooks.... all i need to is clean up.

to be continued
is this a poem? i don;t know - it doesn't rhyme very well.
I don't think it would sell,
or convey or tell
anything special.
Cate

Post by Cate »

is this a poem?
I know that's probably rhetorical but I'd say a vignette - a small slice of a very specific moment.
apple

Post by apple »

i was so pleased to see that Hallelujah was 'featured' to honor those little children.. i swear - that is the saddest thing i think I've ever encounterd....6 year olds gunned down for no reason.
apple

Post by apple »

the birds and the bees and ordering Chinese.

We live at the bottom of a delightful swope of small and large trees.
We are the luxury hotel-resort for the birds of the area, year round robins, little chicadees, hawks, woodpeckers.
There are constantly 100s of birds visiting and eating bugs (i guess).. they swoop, they play, they attack and cut back.

Sometimes 1000s of gnat things come in and the birds follow.

I can go out at just about anytime and enjoy the birdies. We have a back porch upon which we can recline so to speak.

I've never encountered year round robins. all th robins i've ever known have flown south for the winter.

The house is set akimbo on the lay of the land.. not N.S.E.W. but NE to SW and vice versa. IT makes the light come into the house in a slanted way. I like it. It feels very sheltered... and breakfast and dinner have a soft light.

w had a blizzard a couple days ago, the snow has melted and the grass is very green...

the colors are about as bright as I've seen as if they could ignite the whole basin and fill it with the glow of spring in December.

I have never in my life ordered Chinese, I would order Chinese, but it is not part of our budget.
apple

Post by apple »

today is Christmas eve
i barely know that it is here except my dauhter keeps reminding me.. " Mom- Mom - do you know it is Christmas eve"? She awoke at 5 with me... why? Why? This is an exciting day for her. My brain mets have totally wiped out my inner calendar. I never know the date or the day. It is 6.05 AM and Klara has returned to bed.

i still can't walk
i still can't talk... I stand and decide that i must decide what to do. just think and type
so please don't ask me how I am
how the cookies went
or how anything goes. I must cut off the burnt ends (too bad it's not BBQ and move on - to to beautiful slices and then onto frosting.

things are fine.. this is the meme

sometimes when i tremble and don't know which way to turn i worry.

I am eating cheese for breakfast. thank you rhymes with Randy (from England somewhere)
apple

Post by apple »

Burnt ends

are the prized pieces of meat left over (i guess) from barbequeing ribs - oh so tasty and oh so fine.

I have burnt ends from my cookie project.

my bad - I think i should run a newspaper ad announcing my ends..or my intentions.

have burnt ends and just want to sell them.

We have to many wonderful BBQ joints in my neck of the woods.... not's :roll: that i like bbq... it's kind of meaty.
Last edited by apple on Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
apple

Post by apple »

O Christmas day 2012
my daughter is excited about the gift i didn' buy her
she knows i don't buy gifts,i guess she can have one of my fancy -cshmansy sweaters one othem is nice, peach and made of cashmere.., or a bottle of perfume. she does't really know how nice JOY is, or the JOY of Fidgi..

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”