~ ~ ~

. Beside you, there is no time
. only shadows of was,
. of may be,
. . . nothing that I care to know.

. Leave me ignorant and empty;
. let me fill myself with you
. . . only with you.
Last edited by Cate on Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cate

Playing with Triads

Post by Cate » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:27 am

(experimenting )

3 Shots

I

There are the Smells of you,
. . . the Tastes of you

Imprints of you; left on
my skin, on a blanket
on my jacket.

Coffee, beer, cigarettes
- Camels. Were they real Camels
or did you just clip the tips off
your Players Lights?
An after dinner mint, salt
no, the sea.

II

There are the Ridges of you
. . . the Ribs of you

“Adam”, I say. “Yes”, you say.
“I hear the ocean is beautiful,”
“Then go,” you say

There is a house built of shells by the shore
someone must have lived there before,
before us that is.

We find the skeleton of a huge sea creature,
weave its bones into a hearth,
burn our clothes.

III

There are the salts of you
. . . the ashes of you

Don’t look back, you say.
Sin is best when dipped into
and jumped out of.

I paint my eyes black, my palms
black, press them to my breasts
- black. There is the sound

of something, someone lost. Behind us
the sea moves in to reclaim it's own,
your toes begin to crystallize.
Last edited by Cate on Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Boss

Re: little love poems

Post by Boss » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:14 am

Cate wrote:.

Beside you, there is no time
only shadows of was,
of may be,
. . . nothing that I care to know.

Leave me ignorant and empty;
let me fill myself with you
. . . only with you.
For you are my breath
my salient resolve
my freedom to cry.

Without you I am concrete.
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Post by Byron » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:29 pm

Sorry folks, I ought to have posted my piece that was here, into its own thread. I have moved it.
Last edited by Byron on Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
Cate

Post by Cate » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:21 pm

mysterious
It reminds me of a riddle Byron.
Boss wrote:
For you are my breath
my salient resolve
my freedom to cry.

Without you I am concrete.
I wish I had written that - it's beautiful.

~~~

ohh okay Byron - but thank you for having it visit, it was nice of you to respond.
fishfishquaileye

Post by fishfishquaileye » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:43 am

I sit in sad repose as I put pen to paper concerning an issue I find most deeply disturbing. To start, Ms. Cate Beside you, there is no time only shadows of was, of may be, . . . nothing that I care to know. hates you—yes, you, because you, like me, want to challenge Ms. Beside you, there is no time only shadows of was, of may be, . . . nothing that I care to know.'s claims of exceptionalism. If you're interested in the finagling, double-dealing, chicanery, cheating, cajolery, cunning, rascality, and abject villainy by which she may sacrifice children on the twin altars of vigilantism and greed quicker than you can double-check the spelling of "blepharosphincterectomy", then you'll want to consider the following very carefully. You'll especially want to consider that Ms. Beside you, there is no time only shadows of was, of may be, . . . nothing that I care to know. keeps trying to promote, foster, and institute Machiavellianism. And if we don't remain eternally vigilant, she will indisputably succeed. No one that I speak with or correspond with is happy about this situation. Of course, I don't speak or correspond with cullionly personæ non gratæ, Ms. Beside you, there is no time only shadows of was, of may be, . . . nothing that I care to know.'s representatives, or anyone else who fails to realize that defeatism is dangerous. Ms. Beside you, there is no time only shadows of was, of may be, . . . nothing that I care to know.'s pusillanimous version of it is doubly so.

Ms. Beside you, there is no time only shadows of was, of may be, . . . nothing that I care to know., you are welcome to get off my back this time and stay off. She has long been getting away with censoring by caricature and preempting discussion by stereotype. I urge all of my beautiful and loyal fans to walk with me side-by-side as we march up the steps of justice to right this unconscionable wrong and prove to the world that Ms. Beside you, there is no time only shadows of was, of may be, . . . nothing that I care to know. may unwittingly promulgate partisan prejudice against others. I say "unwittingly" because she is apparently unaware that she operates under the influence of a particular ideology—a set of beliefs based on the root metaphor of the transmission of forces. Until you understand this root metaphor you won't be able to grasp why Ms. Beside you, there is no time only shadows of was, of may be, . . . nothing that I care to know.'s theatrics raise a number of brow-furrowing questions. I'm referring to questions such as, "When Ms. Beside you, there is no time only shadows of was, of may be, . . . nothing that I care to know. promotes one social program after the next to take care of some segment of society, is she doing it for that segment of society, or is she doing it because she seeks power and position?" It's questions like that that indeed get people thinking about how I plan to avoid the extremes of a pessimistic naturalism and an optimistic humanism by combining the truths of both. This is a choice I have made; your choice is up to you. But let me remind you that we need to extirpate incendiarism root, trunk, and branch. Why? Because of what's at stake: literally everything.

Ms. Beside you, there is no time only shadows of was, of may be, . . . nothing that I care to know., get a life! Now, I'm going to be 100% honest here: The confluence of Jacobinism and conspiracism in her memoranda ensures a swirling river of discontent upon which she so peremptorily rides. That's pretty transparent. What's not so transparent is the answer to the following question: How self-righteous can she be? A clue might be that she hates it when you say that she doesn't perceive that anything is wrong with her. She really hates it when you say that. Try saying it to her sometime if you have a thick skin and don't mind having her shriek insults at you.

Piteous trollops are burdened with the preconceived ideas or feeble understanding of the circles to which they previously belonged both politically and philosophically. Alas, I usually get a lot of blank stares from people when I say something like that. What I mean is that I am making a pretty serious accusation here. I am accusing Ms. Beside you, there is no time only shadows of was, of may be, . . . nothing that I care to know. of planning to block streets and traffic to the extent that ambulances can't get through. And I don't want anyone to think that I am basing my accusation only on the fact that it is more than a purely historical question to ask, "How did her reign of terror start?" or even the more urgent question, "How might it end?". No, we must ask, "Is she just trying to demand that loyalty to brutish, foolhardy sophisters supersedes personal loyalty?" The complete answer to that question is a long, sad story. I've answered parts of that question in several of my previous letters, and I'll answer other parts in future ones. For now, I'll just say that if she can't cite the basis for her claim that she is the way, the truth, and the light then she should just shut up about it.

We are at a crossroads. One road leads into the light of a bright, shining future in which neo-nettlesome lunatics like Ms. Beside you, there is no time only shadows of was, of may be, . . . nothing that I care to know. are completely absent. The other road leads into the darkness of Fabianism. The question, therefore, is: Who's driving the bus? The answer is obvious if you understand that Ms. Beside you, there is no time only shadows of was, of may be, . . . nothing that I care to know. decries or dismisses capitalism, technology, industrialization, and systems of government borne of Enlightenment ideas about the dignity and freedom of human beings. These are the things that she fears because they are wedded to individual initiative and responsibility.

Ms. Beside you, there is no time only shadows of was, of may be, . . . nothing that I care to know. wants to attack my character. Is this so she can flush all my hopes and dreams down the toilet, or is it to put the gods of heaven into the corner as obsolete and outmoded and, in their stead, burn incense to the idol Mammon? You be the judge. In either case, she likes to cite poll results that "prove" that her revenge fantasies are Right with a capital R. Really? Have you ever been contacted by one of her pollsters? Chances are good that you never have been contacted and never will be. Otherwise, the polls would show that we have a dilemma of leviathan proportions on our hands: Should we announce that we may need to picket, demonstrate, march, or strike to stop Ms. Beside you, there is no time only shadows of was, of may be, . . . nothing that I care to know. before she can start wars, ruin the environment, invent diseases, and routinely do a hundred other things that kill people, or is it sufficient to champion the poor and oppressed against the evil of Cate Beside you, there is no time only shadows of was, of may be, . . . nothing that I care to know.? We should be able to look into our own souls for the answer. If we do, I suspect we'll find that she presents one face to the public, a face that tells people what they want to hear. Then, in private, Ms. Beside you, there is no time only shadows of was, of may be, . . . nothing that I care to know. devises new schemes to break our country's national and patriotic backbone and make it ripe for the slave's yoke of international collectivism.

Please forgive the following sermon, but it can't be avoided in this discussion: Ms. Beside you, there is no time only shadows of was, of may be, . . . nothing that I care to know.'s criticisms of my letters have never successfully disproved a single fact I ever presented. Instead, her criticisms are based solely on her emotions and gut reactions. Well, I refuse to get caught up in Ms. Beside you, there is no time only shadows of was, of may be, . . . nothing that I care to know.'s "I think … I believe … I feel" game. I would love to be a fly on the wall near where Ms. Beside you, there is no time only shadows of was, of may be, . . . nothing that I care to know. and her coven meet. I'd love to hear how those ungrateful stuffed shirts come up with their incorrigible schemes for numbing the public to the sensationalism and injustice in mainstream politics. Then, I'd finally be able to back up my claim that we must serve on the side of Truth. This call to action begins with you. You must be the first to move as expeditiously as possible to make pretentiousness unfashionable. You must be the one to face our problems realistically, get to the root of our problems, and be determined to solve them. And you must inform your fellow man that there is no place in this country where we are safe from Ms. Beside you, there is no time only shadows of was, of may be, . . . nothing that I care to know.'s thralls, no place where we are not targeted for hatred and attack.

Listen carefully: We could opt to sit back and let Ms. Beside you, there is no time only shadows of was, of may be, . . . nothing that I care to know. force people to act in ways far removed from the natural patterns of human behavior. Most people, however, would argue that the cost in people's lives and self-esteem is an extremely high price to pay for such inaction on our part. Deception, flattering, lying, deluding, talking behind the back, putting up a false front, living in borrowed splendor, wearing a mask, hiding behind convention, playing a role for others and for oneself—in short, a continuous fluttering around the solitary flame of vanity—is so much the rule and the law among her putrid intimates that I can draw but one conclusion. As you can probably guess, my conclusion is that Ms. Beside you, there is no time only shadows of was, of may be, . . . nothing that I care to know.'s whitewash of the issue offers no real analysis of the situation that resulted in her rebarbative diatribes in the first place. It may be more correct, however, to say that if she bites me I will certainly bite back.

Given this context, we need to return to the idea that motivated this letter: Ms. Beside you, there is no time only shadows of was, of may be, . . . nothing that I care to know. is the most directionless nudnik ever vomited out of the jaws of Hell. Am I being unduly harsh for writing that? I think not. When the religious leaders in Jesus's time were wrong, Jesus denounced them in extremely harsh terms. So why shouldn't I, too, use extremely harsh terms to indicate that we must stick to our guns and not let Ms. Beside you, there is no time only shadows of was, of may be, . . . nothing that I care to know. convince us that all it takes to start a rabbit farm is a magician's magic hat?

Although some peccable oafs reluctantly concede that there is nothing more tragic than to find a decent, honest person who's been misled by Ms. Beside you, there is no time only shadows of was, of may be, . . . nothing that I care to know.'s tetchy conceits, they invariably deny that Ms. Beside you, there is no time only shadows of was, of may be, . . . nothing that I care to know. has—not once, but several times—been able to vilify our history, character, values, and traditions without anyone stopping her. How long can that go on? As long as her money-grubbing endeavors are kept on life support. That's why we have to pull the plug on them and find the common ground that enables others to examine her worldview from the perspective of its axiology (values) and epistemology (ways of knowing). And that's it. My earnest denunciation of Ms. Cate Beside you, there is no time only shadows of was, of may be, . . . nothing that I care to know.'s Ponzi schemes must have failed to register with Ms. Beside you, there is no time only shadows of was, of may be, . . . nothing that I care to know. as being legitimate sentiment.
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Post by Byron » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:50 am

fishthingie, you took the words right out of my mouth. Mind you I did feel a tad nauseous at the time.
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
Cate

Post by Cate » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:44 pm

Dear M. Fish, this is not little, it is long.
It does not rhyme and you have misspelled "blepharosphincterectomy"
fishfishquaileye

Post by fishfishquaileye » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:03 pm

Cate wrote: you have misspelled "blepharosphincterectomy"
oh, that's a cheap shot, easy for anyone to say that

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”