the first Troll

This is for your own works!!!
smokin

the first Troll

Postby smokin » Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:26 pm

Troll:
1. A person who makes posts (on newsgroups or other forums) that are solely intended to provoke responses from others, or to cause annoyance or offense.
2. A post that is intended to incite controversy or cause offense.

Trolling is a form of harassment that can take over a discussion. Well meaning defenders can create chaos by responding to trolls. The best response is to ignore it. Also, the person who posts such messages.

Looking over the forum the first Troll to come to these pages was:

Critic2

Read his first posts and see for yourself.

Can we agree to band together and simply ignore him. He has at least 5 personalities on this board so it will be difficult but we should try.

I'm pretty sure this didn't qualify as entertaining him. I'm ready to be cast into the bin now.

You can call me "Baby Troll" if you like, I'm sure he will.
Martine

Postby Martine » Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:46 pm

deleted.
Last edited by Martine on Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Critic2

Postby Critic2 » Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:18 pm

Martine wrote:
Can we agree to band together and simply ignore him.
No.
I want to torture him first.
what! again? we agreed to do something different this weekend, Martine.

"smokin" goes straight in to the trash bin, PLONK, what a hopeless Baby Troll. I swear they are getting worse as his desperation grows. This must be the one of the most feeble ever debuts for a troll. He provides absolutely no entertainment value. Although, I suppose it is in itself some kind of special talent to come on to the Internet to play and yet be as dull and bland as smokin.

But it's almost scary to think he really did go back through weeks of posts. This is a very sad saddo with a high degree of sad sadness about him.

He couldn't even be bothered to find a decent descriptive name appropriate for himself, like "tosser", "useless" , or "yawn". And, then worse still, he doesn't even have the courtesy to list the next 10 names he is going to use in his pathetic parade of prancing puerility. No manners, no style or class, pah! the kids of today....

Let me save you some time, saddo. I have this clear image of you endlessly questioning, in a whiny, self-pitying, way, whether you really deserve your lonely and insecure existence. You do, Useless, you do.

Now go away, shhh, and play with your brothers and sisters in my trash-can, Baby Troll, never to be seen again (at least not by me, anyway).

I hope you feel honoured that I spent 5 minutes on you and provided a lesson to you in flowing and interesting composition,

Much Love, Many Kisses, and a Cheery Wave Goodbye,

Critic2

xxx
Smokey

Postby Smokey » Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:11 am

Don't worry Smokin, Michael reads every word. He just pretends to killfile on this site.
Midnight

Postby Midnight » Sat Dec 04, 2004 7:07 am

Well, I've been following this plonking business and what I want to know is how do you plonk on this forum? I didn't think you could.

As for:
But it's almost scary to think he really did go back through weeks of posts.
When I want to look someone up it takes about 2 seconds. It doesn't take any time at all..It's pretty easy to find anything on this site.
smokin

Postby smokin » Sat Dec 04, 2004 7:39 am

Yep, that paints person was right. Critic2 is the most predictable person I've ever heard. The same thing over and over and over again. ZERO originality. His reply to this is EXACTLY like his reply to paints. He's a bore to everyone here and far too thick to know it.

So let's just ignore him already! C'mon, we can do this. Give ourselves the best holiday present! Let's take back our pleasant forum and condemn him to a "proper" poetry site.

Let's make it "Ignore the Moron" month!
Jo

Postby Jo » Sat Dec 04, 2004 4:04 pm

If you "ignored the morons" you'd have to ignore half the posters here.

May I now please have my little badge that says "troll"?
"... to make a pale imitation of reality with twenty-six juggled letters"
"... all words are lies because they can only represent one of many levels of being"
Sober noises of morning in a marginal land.
Critic2

Postby Critic2 » Sat Dec 04, 2004 4:15 pm

sorry, Jo- you can only have a badge that says PP ("proper poster" or "proper person"). BTW I unveil my Annual Awards later in December when I will be declaring the winners of the traditional categories, including

Hallmark Poet of the Year (current favourite M****A)

Totally Useless Poster of the Year (current favourite A****N)

Weediest Use of a Good Idea (current favourite y*f)

Best Newcomer (current favourite M********N)

Best Idea of the Year (certainty, me, for the Poetry Comp)

Baby Troll of the Year (no nominations)
Midnight

Postby Midnight » Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:44 pm

Critic2,

How do you plonk on this forum? Thanks.
Critic2

Postby Critic2 » Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:08 pm

my computer man used something like http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Netw ... Xnews.html and as far as I know adapted it to this forum. I just have a seperate file where I add in a name of any of the Baby Trolls and their messages are diverted straight to the trash folder but it won't exclude the posts of others who refer to them as it is based simply on the author name.
Jo

Postby Jo » Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:15 am

Thank you C2, I'll have that badge as around here where I live PP (in the not too distant past as galactic time goes), referred to Progressive Party - and as I've at one time or another been referred to as a progressive and as a party I think I'm entitled to it.

Are you related to C3(PO)?
"... to make a pale imitation of reality with twenty-six juggled letters"
"... all words are lies because they can only represent one of many levels of being"
Sober noises of morning in a marginal land.
Midnight

Postby Midnight » Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:58 pm

Thanks for the link, Crtic2. But I'm flummoxed. I sure would like to know how your computer guy adapted it for this forum. So, how does it work? Is the forum edited with the BT's posts deleted. Is that how it works? Thanks again.
Critic2

Postby Critic2 » Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:09 pm

I don't do technical that's why I pay a computer guy. he came, he saw, he sorted, but thanks for your continuing interest. I have a suspicion that you are writing an epic poem on the subject of this forum's Baby Trolls and look forward to your posting it. Good Luck.
Smokey

Postby Smokey » Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:49 am

Oh Michael you are so droll. Your "computer guy" :lol: :lol: You aren't fooling anyone.
okat

Postby okat » Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:08 am

Critic2 wrote:my computer man used something like http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Netw ... Xnews.html and as far as I know adapted it to this forum.
You're a poor liar.

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”