Let Critic2 ruin this board?
70%
OR IGNORE HIS ASS!?
30%

Total votes: 20
Teratogen

A MESSAGE TO ALL...

Post by Teratogen » Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:07 am

what has this board become? there is a war between the cohenites, a war between the critics and the poets...

ah, who am i kidding? it's all critic2's fault. so here's my proposal:

LET'S EXCOMMUNICATE HIS SORRY ASS BY IGNORING THE MOTHERFUCKER!

but, we do this the democratic way. so here is my poll, and here you may vote, so that all others may see how much we hate critic2.

to critic2: your days are numbered, pal. :D
Critic2

Post by Critic2 » Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:21 am

oh no, not "hate". that is so strong and so wounding. your post really really hurts me, ow, ow, ow

if i leave this board I will never find another place to read such great poetry as Makera's rhyme of "blue" with "the true", or rick's "although she had never been deceased before"

I would miss rick's superb masturbation jibes, Makera's showboating in Latin ( showus, boatarius)

these are truly talented people, people of sensitivity, who set their ego aside in the pure pursuit of improving their writing.

I vote that I be excommunicated immediately, then executed, then banned from this board, then I think you should report me to Jarkko, then you should phone up Leonard Cohen and tell him, then you should tell your mummy, then you should tell that naughty boy down the road, who secretly scares you and probably carries a knife.

PLEASE VOTE TO GET RID OF CRITIC2, IT'S A VOTE FOR DEMOCRACY AND FREE SPEECH
LaurieAK

Post by LaurieAK » Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:58 pm

T~

I appreciated the stand you are taking. It seemed to me that a handful of the poets around here and C2 were making a 'game' of tossing insults back and forth. No one was crying. It was/is ugly, but those who jumped in seemed to hold their own.

Not everyone jumped in. And i think c2 crossed the line when insulting an 'innocent' newcomer. Otherwise the insulting going on seems mutual at this point. And really sad to read for the most part, with the exception of a few lines on both sides which are really funny, but not worth the price paid.

No one is going to win in an old fashioned pissing contest of insults...so who's going to stop? This isn't a matter for democracy, i don't think. More like an issue of self control.

regards,
Laurie
Midnight

Post by Midnight » Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:42 pm

I don't get it...what is all the fuss about.
rick

Post by rick » Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:08 pm

ok, i'm done. came here to talk LC and share with others his music and poetry and to enjoy our own. was not to be.
no worries. i'm outta this post. off to mountain bike acrosss australia in a week so will see you all next year. happy holidays!

well, one more before i go.

Critic2,
whose library consists of the entire cliff notes collection
who thinks personal growth is a self massage
who tries to imagine his personality daily
who as an outsider, struggles with the human race
who is always lost in thought - that most foreign of lands
who started out with nothing and has most of it left
who uses this site to humiliate himself in public
whose purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others
who has made every woman he's ever met long to be an old maid
whose only flair is his nostrils
who thinks that typing and writing are the same
who would be greatly improved by death
who chooses not to associate with his own species
who walks down lovers lane holding his own hand
who's great success in life is being a failure
a self-made man who worships his creator
who needs to be watered daily
who longs for reincarnation so he can join the human race
who whispers sweet nothings to himself
who's only fault is he is conscious of none
who once had a lover but she got punctured

wrote:

"blah blah blah"

"blah"
©Critic2
Washington, DC
Critic2

Post by Critic2 » Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:13 pm

good luck on your bike trip. enjoy Australia

regards

critic2
Paula

Post by Paula » Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:51 pm

Midnight I am with you. What raw nerve has been touched amongst the "poets" that they are reacting so strongly. If you don't believe in your product don't produce it otherwise put your money where your mouth is.

It is only a bit of light fun it is not the Nobel Prize for Literature.

What are you so afraid of? Is it the thought of having your poetry judged on merit rather than sycophancy?
Critic2

Post by Critic2 » Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:08 pm

Paula, I must share with you the occasion when I posted quite a decent poem to a "real" forum. I responded to a negative criticism, not defensively, but asserting my own view (which just happened to be more favourable than that of my reader!).

I was told "oh, so you came here for a hand-job. You should have made that clear when you first posted". This was a wonderful comment, I thought.

I guess my "mistake" has been to confuse this forum, where friends clearly enjoy chatting, with a "proper" poetry board. My comments have been actually quite mild and, absent the fragile egos of the writers, could be useful if they wished to improve their ability.

The banter that has then ensued has been, I expect for some, rather boorish. I would like to say it has for me been fun but I have genuinely found risk's insults rarely rising above asinine playground level. I hoped he would entertain me but to read a grownup offering a jibe about an amoeba's asshole is as sad as it comes.

Makeera has a Hallmark style, totally void of originality of expression. It was my mistake to call her on it as she has no interest in learning. I have disturbed her self-delusion Her poetry fits perfectly on allpoetry site and I should leave it there. I just gave her 2 critiques there but I don't feel like offering any more help beyond those.

I wonder if either rik or Makeera ever once considered explaining their lines that I criticised. Makeera could have told us about "the true" or rik about his "never been deceased before" (whatever it precisely was). They give the impreesion from their fierce defensiveness that that has never been an option.

Inferences can be easily drawn from Makeera's and rik's attitude to the contest. Whoever is the "winner", it is pretty clear who are the 2 losers.
LaurieAK

Post by LaurieAK » Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:12 pm

rick~

Have a wonderful trip across Australia. I noticed in your moo pics that you had a mountain bike with bar ends. Hardcore 8) . Have fun!!

regards,
Laurie
rick

Post by rick » Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:08 pm

thanks LaurieAK. it will be my longest trip to date. i've done month long trips before but over 2 months on a mountain bike in rough terrain, well, we'll see what i'm made of!

i'll be here for another week and look forward to reading thoughts on LC's new album!
Washington, DC
rick

Post by rick » Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:46 pm

hi paula,

simple matter really. critic2 offer comments. people offer comments on his comments. done deal. move on.

but if his comments are dismissed then the poet is not willing to learn. they have no interest in REAL writing if they will not listen to HIM!. well, maybe they do. maybe they would like to learn from a qualified teacher. is that him? or is he simply offering his opinions?
if only his opinion then he should stop acting like a teacher. accept their comments on his comments and be done with it. perhaps they simply don't give a shit about his views. that's allowed. but he insists, if they don't listen to him then they are lost.

he calls me and makera names because we read his remarks and decided no further comment was necessary. he then relentlessly mocks a phrase he has latched onto (and don't dare mock him back!), insisting that it be explained to him, all in the name of him helping us. failure to do so simply means we have no interest in real writing and do not want to learn. rubbish. he has done this since he came. it doesn't take much reading of his posts to see that he has come here to save us all.

read his post above. filled with attacks and self importance. if only we would listen to him! we could all be as great as he is! we only need his guidance! WE COULD ALL BE REAL POETS!! THIS COULD BE A PROPER POETY FORUM!!!!

either he's qualified to teach or he's just another lousy little poet coming round.

so i stand with teratogen.

hopefully by my return this all will have worked itself out somehow. in the meantime i'll limit myself to posts on the new ablum which comes out monday, no?
Washington, DC
Paula

Post by Paula » Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:14 am

Hi Rick I think you are taking this too seriously. C2 might be hammering his point across but there is a point to be hammered.

Makeera is more than capable of being vitriolic, patronising, self indulgent and demeaning to others. She just finds it a little unsettling when faced with a drop of her own medicine.

C2 can be a wind-up merchant but he also has the ammunition to fire. Try ducking. It might not be you he has in his sights.
Teratogen

Post by Teratogen » Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:12 am

um, this poll was not a violent reaction or anything. i could really care less. i just thought i'd join in on the fun of bashing this son of a bitch. i don't care WHAT he says or WHO he says it to. THIS is the main point: HE IS AN ASSHOLE.

and god do i hate assholes. they reek of SHIT.

have a nice day. :D
Anon1

Post by Anon1 » Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:05 pm

this board has proved to be corrupt with the rejection of my innocent poem. therefor I vote to let critic2 ruin it.
Critic2

Post by Critic2 » Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:51 pm

I have reported Teratogen to Jarrko for cruelty to animals. Ever since he set up his little poll, my donkey has been neglected.

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”