Paging Lizzie

This is for your own works!!!
Midnight

Post by Midnight » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:49 pm

Lizzytysh...O.K. by me. Announce tomorrow 1:00 p.m. EST,... and whatever that is for Europe.

O.K. get somebody else to judge. Laurie would be a good one. But perhaps you could give little additional comments like you do. There's no real hurry on the judging. Take a week. Two weeks. Or even after Bush is elected.
Paula

Post by Paula » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:46 pm

Do we all write a poem on the theme and Lizzie judges it?
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:01 pm

NO :lol: ! I repeat ~ I will not be the judge! Now, we need to get hold of Laurie. Laaaauuuuuurrrriiiieeeeeeeeee.......................................

I'm not sure what purpose my "little additional comments" would serve, but at least that's something I'm willing to consider. At least we have time to locate Laurie or Andrew, or both. Meanwhile, after tomorrow and the theme announcement, you can all start writing, and get them 'turned in.' By Monday, we should have someone willing to play the part of judge.
Critic2

Post by Critic2 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:13 pm

I also suggest that all poems are submitted to Lizzy, or whoever judges, by email. They should not be posted here until the deadline. After that is reached they should be posted anonymously with the Judge's comments and selection. A further period of time passes then for anyone who chooses to make their own comments, for once uninfluenced by tribal loyalties.

After a further further time (late 2005 by then?) the Judge can reveal identities.

It's great that people are taking an interest. I hope ones like Makeera and rick can overcome their self-confidence issues, and even non-writers like Martine and Lizzy, also join in the fun.
Charles

Post by Charles » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:30 pm

This is a capital idea! Only Lizzy, don't ask for a theme on the "iraq war". That will only cause more fights.

Critic 2 if we send by email our poem to the judges -- won't they know the idenity of the poet. And that could skewer the results too. I am sure Lizzytysh knows a lot of the members' email addresses because she corresponds with a lot of people.
Last edited by Charles on Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:31 pm

Yes, as long as I don't judge, I can send them on to whoever is/are the judge[s] ~ absent their identities. Then, all can be revealed at the appropriate time.

Well, I guess I'm going to have to repeat myself again ~ I do NOT write poetry.
LaurieAK

Post by LaurieAK » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:41 pm

WoW~! (hahaha)

i'm sitting her munching a smoked salmon sandwich and the bat phone rings....

Okay, really i just read this 'judge' stuff.

I am willing to help out.
Someone will need to talk reeeal slooow and explain how these poems are going to be submitted and if it is a blind judgement or not.

Has a theme line been set yet?

I'll stay tuned.

ciao for now,
Laurie
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:56 pm

Oh, dear, no, Charles ~ NOT an Iraq war theme! I mentioned that only in the context of where my own mind wandered, via the theme of Swiss neutrality. However, the theme will be Leonard Cohen related, in some form or fashion. I'll scour, this evening, for possibilities.

Absolute anonymity/blind judgement for judging. Since Laurie has responded now, I can receive the poems, via my PM box, and then copy-and-paste them for sending on to Laurie. I'll leave them in my PM Inbox, for later verification of their authorship. I can copy and paste the whole of the PM, including from whom it was sent; the Subject line; and the date and time it was sent. That will also assure everyone that there were no late entries considered.
Critic2

Post by Critic2 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:19 pm

sorted and sorted!
LaurieAK

Post by LaurieAK » Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:22 pm

Lizzy~

Great minds MUST think alike...because i was going to come here and suggest what you just suggested.

Since you are ARE neutral as Switzerland :) there should be no problem with you getting the submission with authors intact...and passing them anonymously onto me...or another judge, if someone else would rather do it...or if anyone is not okay with it being me...no hard feelings.

So, these poems will remain Unposted till the end, right? So that no one sees another's poem till the contest if finished?

I'll go back and read this thread from the start and try to catch up...and Really, if someone has a problem with me doing this...just speak up! Even anonymously will do!!

later,
L
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:34 pm

:lol: ~ Well, of course, that would be our conclusion, right? "Great" minds? I'm in favour :wink: . Yes, that does seem the most reasonable means, all things considered [that phrase doing double-duty, as the name of a program on NPR :D ].

I can't imagine anyone would have trouble with your being the judge. You and your poetry, both, have been very well received here. Yes, they'll all remain unposted until your final decision ["Is that your final answer?" :wink: ]. That seems fairer all the way around, and will maximize creativity on the theme. No one will be led down another lane by someone's else's thoughts on it.

~ Lizzy
Martine

Post by Martine » Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:42 pm

deleted.
Last edited by Martine on Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LaurieAK

Post by LaurieAK » Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:07 am

Okay~

I read this thread in its entirety. Also, read the "keyboard cowboy" thread, so i am just about caught up.

I hope that the animosity (well deserved, i thinks) surrounding this subject does not preclude anyone from submitting a poem.

I'll continue to stay tuned.

L
p.s. Lizz, i believe in democracy. When 2 out of 2 folks declare something to be true (great minds) who are we to argue? hahahaha
Charles

Post by Charles » Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:47 am

This is exciting! Another question though. Are we allowed to write more than one poem? Or is it one poem only?
LaurieAK

Post by LaurieAK » Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:47 am

Hi Charles~

I think that submitting more than one poem would be okay. Anybody else want to chime in on this?

regards,
Laurie

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”