Stop it at once!

This is for your own works!!!
Geoffrey

Stop it at once!

Post by Geoffrey »

I am NOT the poster called Ren, and I wish you wouldn't all keep doing that, saying that I'm this person and I'm that person. It's not very nice, you know. This keeps happening, and the webmaster had to step in once before and come to my assistance. Instead of subjecting a person to unfair conclusions take contact with him and see if he can help. I haven't been well lately and the doctor said I shouldn't have any stress, and you merciless bastards just keep piling it on.

Jarkko wrote a while ago:
>The Forum software accepts only one member from each email address. The moderators are able to see the IP addresses used by the members (and where the IP address is located). It also shows all members who are posting from the same IP. We don't have any other members from the IP address Geoffrey is using.
Ren1

Re: Stop it at once!

Post by Ren1 »

Hi Ren, I just wanted some advice from you please. If a person has a computer at home and a laptop do they have the same IP address?
Harry S

Post by Harry S »

Geoffrey wrote:I am NOT the poster called Ren, and I wish you wouldn't all keep doing that, saying that I'm this person and I'm that person. It's not very nice, you know. This keeps happening, and the webmaster had to step in once before and come to my assistance. Instead of subjecting a person to unfair conclusions take contact with him and see if he can help. I haven't been well lately and the doctor said I shouldn't have any stress, and you merciless bastards just keep piling it on.

Jarkko wrote a while ago:
>The Forum software accepts only one member from each email address. The moderators are able to see the IP addresses used by the members (and where the IP address is located). It also shows all members who are posting from the same IP. We don't have any other members from the IP address Geoffrey is using.
Ren are you also Ren1?
brightnow

Post by brightnow »

Ren1 wrote:Hi Ren, I just wanted some advice from you please. If a person has a computer at home and a laptop do they have the same IP address?
Assuming that both computers are using the same internet connection (in all likelihood they do, from behind a NAT) they will share an external IP address and therefore will appear to have the same IP address to an outside observer. They will have different MAC addresses though.
brightnow

Post by brightnow »

Also, I would quote the Golden Rule here but alas, it has been dutifully tarnished.
Columbia May 11, 2009; Boston May 29, 2009; Durham November 3, 2009; Las Vegas December 10 & 11, 2010; Austin November 1, 2012; Boston December 15, 2012; Brooklyn December 20, 2012
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

when somebody writes that they've been feeling unwell, even consulted a doctor, an interested and sympathetic person would show some concern and ask more about it. but not here, no siree. no danger of that here. not amongst this lot.
Harry S

Post by Harry S »

Geoffrey wrote:when somebody writes that they've been feeling unwell, even consulted a doctor, an interested and sympathetic person would show some concern and ask more about it. but not here, no siree. no danger of that here. not amongst this lot.

are you hinting that your Doctor is called Ren?
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

Harry S wrote:
>are you hinting that your Doctor is called Ren?

haven't you got some homework to get on with?
Alsiony

Post by Alsiony »

:lol:
- that is NOT directed at your statements about being poorly by the way Geoffrey...
A
x
Weybridge MBW 11th July 2009

'All I know - and you must listen very carefully to this... All I know - is that I know absolutely nothing' - Frank

'Who ever loved that loved not at first sight?' - Christopher Marlowe

Much misunderstood... was the 'Hippie' with a reality fixation...
Violet

Post by Violet »

Geoffrey wrote:when somebody writes that they've been feeling unwell, even consulted a doctor, an interested and sympathetic person would show some concern and ask more about it. but not here, no siree. no danger of that here. not amongst this lot.
.. well.. I've decided to remove the comments I originally had here.. they were rather fun and playful.. and I guess I thought that was the tenor of things.. only, now.. me no know what to think..

v i o l e t
Last edited by Violet on Fri May 14, 2010 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Violet
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

Violet wrote:
>I do believe you to be Ren1 and dr. doolittle . . .

Well, I beg to differ, my dear. I am neither, as the webmaster may confirm - should you ask him.
Last edited by Geoffrey on Fri May 14, 2010 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Violet

Post by Violet »

.. Geoffrey.. this is getting pretty nasty, don't you think??.. (and I could at least be referred to as a "smart" looking mare.. at the very least, methinks)..

... I suggest we all (as in you, especially) calm down.. nothing going on here is so important as to get so very upset.. so.. why can't we take a breather with all of this..
Violet
Violet

Post by Violet »

.. actually, Geoffrey.. I've removed my quote of your material from the above post with the hope that you will remove your unkind remarks.. I would appreciate that..

.. please understand that no offense is intended in terms of any of this..

v i o l e t
Violet
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

Violet wrote:.. actually, Geoffrey.. I've removed my quote of your material from the above post with the hope that you will remove your unkind remarks.. I would appreciate that..

.. please understand that no offense is intended in terms of any of this..

v i o l e t
what unkind remarks?
Violet

Post by Violet »

.. well, at least there is an "edit" there to suggest I might not be entirely crazy (!)..

.. nighty night..
Violet

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”