Femme Fatal mistake

This is for your own works!!!
Moonlight

Post by Moonlight » Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:31 pm

Dear Lizzytysh,

Au contraire...I am not "miserable" when I peruse the offerings here. No one is beating or being beaten here.

I always read George's attempts. He generally has at least one line in his "poems" which make it worth the effort.

I genuinely like poetry. All types. The real thing. Not the sickly imitations of Cohen that predominate here. (One Cohen is enough for the world.)

As for your "addiction" poem...I can hardly wait.
Avalon

Post by Avalon » Mon Jan 05, 2004 7:14 pm

George's poems are always rubbish, he can't even spell.
I am the one
Moonlight

Post by Moonlight » Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:48 pm

Well, yes...George's poems are mostly rubbish. But I can't help reading them because there is something really going on in his head. Among the flotsam and jetsam an original line will occasionally leap out at you. I don't really care about the spelling.

Better one of George's "poems" than the usual stale restating of a Leonard Cohen lyric.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:36 am

It would seem to me, Moonlight, that the reason you perceive so many poems here as restatements of Leonard's lines is that Leonard is so adept at dealing with universal, human issues. Hence, most people here relate to him. It is not so unlikely that as others live their own lives, situations and angst will occur, similar to "lines" of Leonard's. It does not, however, mean that people are trying to imitate him. They are trying to deal with their own lives and situations in the way of committing what is going on in their heads [much!] to writing, a very common phenomenon and, in many cases, therapeutic, as well.
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Post by Byron » Tue Jan 06, 2004 2:13 am

Moonlight, I have had a look at your recent postings and guess what?
All the words you have used, have previously been used by someone else. Spooky or what? :shock:
Regards. Biroone.
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:30 am

Hi Moonlight ~

I'm curious. Just what are your credentials for being poetry judge and jury? Answering that may give you something to do, while you wait with baited breath for the addictions poem :wink: .

~ Lizzytysh
Moonlight

Post by Moonlight » Tue Jan 06, 2004 3:27 pm

Dear Byron,

I would be very surprised if all the words I have used had not already been used by someone else. I fail to see anything supernatural in it.
Moonlight

Post by Moonlight » Tue Jan 06, 2004 3:51 pm

Dear Lizzytysh,

Do you (like others on this board) labour under the misaprehension that no one can form a judgment about poetry unless they also write poetry? That mindset does not hold true about other facets of life or art. You are (correct me if I am wrong) not a trained chef. But have you ever eaten a dish and exclaimed, "too much salt." The chef can say, "Oh, what do you know about it...you don't cook." Well, you may not cook...but you can taste and eat. What about political speeches. I've never given one...have you? Does that mean I can't critique it on aesthetic or for that matter political grounds. I don't understand this way of thinking... no valid judgment is possible about anything unless there is active participation in the activity.

M
George.Wright

Post by George.Wright » Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:29 pm

Thank you for your criticism of my poems, Moonlight. I do not accept they are rubbish, however i understand they are not to everybodies taste.
You are right in your arguments on judgements, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, this is a democracy.
The same arguments hold for freedom of speech or idealogies. Feel free to comment anytime on my poetry, as i value your comments as much as anyone elses.
With Best Regards..............Georges.
I am a right bad ass, dankish prince and I love my Violet to bits.
Moonlight

Post by Moonlight » Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:02 pm

Dear George,

I certainly don't want to discourage you. I get a lot of enjoyment out of your work. I hope you become more disciplined about it. Your last one (the chrome fender one) showed a big improvement.

M
George.Wright

Post by George.Wright » Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:51 pm

Thanks, Moonlight. It is feedback that hopefully will tighten up my images and improve my work. Thank you for your comments.
Georges
Sandra

Post by Sandra » Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:05 pm

George!
You told once that you were thinking of not writing anymore......I have been wondering about that and I want to ask you something.....Do you write only to receive feedback........if you would not receive would you stop doing it?
George.Wright

Post by George.Wright » Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:21 pm

I write for fun and pleasure and hopefully to recieve feedback.
I don't think that i will ever stop writing now, Sandra.
Georges
Sandra

ok

Post by Sandra » Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:25 pm

mmmm ..ok.....thank you George!
Kush

Post by Kush » Tue Jan 06, 2004 7:03 pm

A suggestion Georges which you can accept or discard as you wish......
Do not write so much !! Your themes sometimes become redundant. Let the thoughts occur and jot them down for yourself but it is not necessary to instantly reproduce them as a poem. A poem should be more special than an instant reproduction of your thoughts.
As for the rest of this thread I pretty much agree with Moonlight.

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”