Femme Fatal mistake

This is for your own works!!!
Moonlight

Post by Moonlight » Wed Dec 31, 2003 6:54 am

SC,

It's generally typical of the "poets" on this board to to confer a negative emotional estate upon those who don't applaud their poetry. It doesn't have anything to do with my being happy or unhappy. The comments are about your "fine, interesting" writing.
Strictly Confidential

Post by Strictly Confidential » Wed Dec 31, 2003 11:51 am

and my comments are only about the tone of your posts not their substance. I expect you can easily distinguish the two. I can take perfectly comfortably your objective criticism. But I had a small passing curiosity about your evident unhappiness. You are perhaps not aware/mature enough to deal with it, but please do not worry.
Ben Kelly

Post by Ben Kelly » Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:55 pm

Dear Strictly Confidential

There are a few people on the board who use many diffentent aliases most of whom do not write poetry but only make abusive comments. So a whole bunch of abusive comments under different names are probably all from the same person at times. I was always told 'how to talk to an idiot --you don't'. Most of the comments are non sequiturs, and not worth a reply.

We try and support one another, be friendly and have a bit of fun, also if you have time from your busy reply schedule have a look at my poem Faux Pas etc.....

Kind regards

Ben
Life rewards action, just as well done is better than well said. Yours the Galactic Pixie
Moonlight

Post by Moonlight » Wed Dec 31, 2003 4:10 pm

Dear BK,

I don't think I was abusive to anybody. My comments were pretty mild compared to what I could have said about SC's poem. If every poem on this board were objectively and honestly examined by the readers...there would be no end to the "abusive" comments. Instead SC will now go to your poem "Faux Pas" and he will tell you how great it is.

Please will somebody, anybody, in 2004 post a good poem on this forum. Just one.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Wed Dec 31, 2003 4:13 pm

Why don't you go first, Moonlight :D ? Set the gold standard.
Coco

Post by Coco » Thu Jan 01, 2004 12:25 am

Hi Ben Kelly!

I thought your poem reminded me of an imitation of Leonard. Of course nothing wrong with that! :) There's no one better to pattern yourself after! :!:

But I have to say I am always suspicious when someone accuses others of having many different aliases. It just makes me think "What? Maybe this person, the accuser, is using different aliases too? Are they projecting? (A Freudian term)." Because (I may be wrong of course) I thought that you and Strictly Confidential are One and the Same
George.Wright

Post by George.Wright » Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:04 pm

Hi, CoCo, I know Ben Kelly and he is a man of intregrity and principles. He like myself, will not use masks. What you see is what you get, no multi-facated characters like the presently formed Heretic, who debates in many forms.
I hope this assures you, all the best CoCo............Georges
I am a right bad ass, dankish prince and I love my Violet to bits.
Ben Kelly

Post by Ben Kelly » Sat Jan 03, 2004 7:16 pm

Dear Coco

Your loyalties are really misplaced. When I started to contribute to the board I was the targeted and subjected to malice on the board. I refer to the Disclaimer to Jarkko, which is still on the board.
I would always welcome new contributors to the board rather than discourage New Members, then hence have a more active and diversity of ideas on the board.

Ben

Moonlight

The main agenda when a new member posts a poem should be the poem itself, not using the opportunity to make snide comments on another contributor's work, which the new member probably does not know.

I reason I object to your comments is because you are trying to hijack the agenda that acts as a distraction to the work itself. Instead of SC enjoying the launch of their first poem on the board, you took up SC's time and I would imagine took the shine of SC's success.

Why not welcome and encourage new contributors as I find your actions a total distraction to the forum board?.

Why not show us your poems instead of snide comments
Write not fight!

Ben
Life rewards action, just as well done is better than well said. Yours the Galactic Pixie
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Sat Jan 03, 2004 9:53 pm

Today must be the day for slogans. Another great one :D !
Coco

Post by Coco » Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:34 am

Hi Ben Kelly,

I am confused as to why you think my "loyalties" are misplaced. I do not acknowledge allegiance to anyone. I just post what I honestly think.

I read your disclaimer I found it very strange.
Moonlight

Post by Moonlight » Sun Jan 04, 2004 3:16 pm

Dear Bk,
I reason I object to your comments is because you are trying to hijack the agenda that acts as a distraction to the work itself.
I have no idea what that sentence means.
Instead of SC enjoying the launch of their first poem on the board, you took up SC's time and I would imagine took the shine of SC's success.
I doubt very seriously that I took up anybody's time...as I don't have a particularly high opinion of my ranking in the world. As for SC's poem's success and it's shine...what's that got to do with me...surely the praise from the others far outweighs my little negative contributions.
Why not show us your poems instead of snide comments
Write not fight!
I don't write poems. I don't think you have to be able to write a poem in order to comment on them. If I did post a poem everyone would blast me with both barrels. :D
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Post by Byron » Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:32 pm

So Moonlight, does that mean you don't have the balls to face both barrels?
I wrote poetry for myself for years before I stumbled upon this forum. I very carefully dipped my mouldy, old, big toe into the poetry corner to see if I was a total waste of time and space. I met with some 'interesting' (British understatement) responses, but despite the threats to my body and sanity, I continued to face several 'slings and arrows' and found that we all have as much freedom to enjoy seeing our words in electronic print as you would.
Give it a try and grasp the nettle, while maintaining a steady resolve, with vision and tenacity. You may surprise yourself. Put your words where your screen is.
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
Makera

Post by Makera » Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:32 am

Hi, Strictly Confidential ~
Big welcome! :D I too (like Lizzy, Byron, Ben and George) find your poetry of particularly high quality.You have a fresh and clever pen. ( Do check out that website, I mentioned.)

~ Makera
Moonlight

Post by Moonlight » Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:33 pm

Dear Byron,

Let me reiterate: I...Do...Not...Write...Poetry. Neither does anyone else on this forum (as of yet.) I will be the first to say so when and if this very improbable event occurs. Meanwhile, despite your "manly" bluster I will not be faked into an attempt at versifying. I really meant it when I said in another thread that I was just a hack.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:01 pm

Hi Moonlight ~

If it's so miserable for you in this section, why do you continue to beat yourself up, or allow yourself to be beaten up? Are you really, ultimately an optimist with hope springing eternal?

I have a poem [not be me] that seems quite appropriate. It has to do with the process of beating an addiction. Its title is "An Autobiography in Five Short Chapters," and I'll post it later for you. The thought/behaviour process outlined in it is appropos for many, different issues.

~ Elizabeth

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”