Lion of Lions

Re: Leonard as a Goy- a pack of cards

Post by Lion of Lions » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:08 pm

tinderella wrote:Lion King.. you are incorrigible :D

it's your fault for incorriging me...
tinderella

Post by tinderella » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:11 pm

Tim had the voice of an angel... for a man............. some of my faves would be Buzzin' fly and Sing a song for you.... and Aren't you the girl always made me think it had an Irish twang to it.... Good taste there, Mr Lion .
Lion of Lions

Post by Lion of Lions » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:14 pm

tinderella wrote:Tim had the voice of an angel... for a man............. some of my faves would be Buzzin' fly and Sing a song for you.... and Aren't you the girl always made me think it had an Irish twang to it.... Good taste there, Mr Lion .
blimey, Tinds you are so bang-on. Buzzin Fly is sensational. I love "Once I Was" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CckFYoYq8GI and a million others of his. He was also incredibly handsome and he would have turned me gay in 10 seconds if I had ever met him.

"Once I was a lover and I searched behind your eyes for you
soon there will be another to tell you I was just a lie"

and Pleasant Street

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cUXnaNb ... re=related

f*****ng brilliant!! although you need to hear the full version on record to hear that voice soar to places where 99.9999999999999% of other singers can only dream about.

but all my time fave Tim Buckley song- Blue Melody (until I think of another I love even more!)
Last edited by Lion of Lions on Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tinderella

Post by tinderella » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:24 pm

Thanks a million for the links... First time i saw him on you tube... Hard to believe that is 40 years ago!

I just took out his anthology...I know what I will listen to tonight.
Lion of Lions

Post by Lion of Lions » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:25 pm

tinderella wrote:Thanks a million for the links... First time i saw him on you tube... Hard to believe that is 40 years ago!

I just took out his anthology...I know what I will listen to tonight.
oh shit, I am listening to Blue Melody on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xmaj3rKx ... re=related divine...

I probably prefer the record for his voice really reaching- although I have never heard brass backing to it like this clip

Well I was born a blue melody
A little song my mama sang to me
It was a blue melody
Such a blue
You've never seen

There aint no wealth
That can buy my pride
There aint no pain
That can cleanse my soul
No just a blue melody
Sailing far away from me

One summer mornin'
I was raised
But I dont know
One summer morning
I was left
But I don't know
One summer morning
So all alone

Late in evening
Ill sing in your dreaming
Down from the mountain
Along with the breezes
So close inside
Love grew smiles

So if you hear that blue melody
Wont you please send it home to me
Its just my
Blue melody
Callin' far away to me

I'm going to start a thread "favourite music to make love to"
Manna

Post by Manna » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:43 am

Dear Leon,
please make more waffles. I have run out of the blue ones with the clouds in them.
lazariuk

Post by lazariuk » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:28 am

tinderella wrote:Everytime i see those few words...' dispreached by diamonds under his knees'... i just crack up.... Should it be the standard metaphor on the forum now for bad writing?
Dear tinderella

Please don't be shy with me. I would like to have you tell me a little bit of why you feel this way about my words. I won't mind that you find it bad and I never say any thing harsh - am no harsh critic. So tell me.

are you just going to ignore me and my question?

I know that you have more decency than that and so I will await your answer.

Jack
Everything being said to you is true; Imagine of what it is true.
Lion of Lions

Post by Lion of Lions » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:11 am

Manna wrote:Dear Leon,
please make more waffles. I have run out of the blue ones with the clouds in them.
hey, we each have our roll in life, mine is crispbread , yours is manna from heaven, if you want waffle ask the dispreacher guy - he never runs out of it. it would be rude of me to stray into his territory. just ask him to remove the diamonds under his knees, tell the queen to stay under her cover and he will be able to supply you with as much waffle as you desire.
tinderella

Post by tinderella » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:35 pm

Good morning Jack

I don't want to get into a slanging match with you but I will reply to your question. Your poem Dispreached made no sense to me at all. I would have passed it over like a lot of poems on here but I did read Lions comments about it as I think he is a very clever writer and his play on your words made me laugh.
I don't take life too serious, it is way too short for that and I do love to laugh.
I also left a comment on Flynotes poem... June day for Guitars for YOung suzannes as that poem did not make any sense to me either.... but again the thread turned humourous and that interested me.
I am sure there are lots of would-be poets here that take their work very serious. I am not a creator of poetry, just a reader. I have always loved simplicity in words that move me . That is why I will never tire of listening to, or reading Leonard Cohens work. There are some amazing small poems on here too that just work for me. Recent ones like Monday's Five Poems or A Modest Man by Iveta....
Give me four simple lines anyday that put a small grin on my face than a big longwinded saga that reminds me of when I was in school and it all felt like too much hard work even to read them.

have a great day
Tindy
lazariuk

Post by lazariuk » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:33 pm

tinderella wrote: Good morning Jack
I don't want to get into a slanging match with you but I will reply to your question.
I loved your response thanks. There was never a chance of a slanging match. All you did was ask a simple question of:
Should it be the standard metaphor on the forum now for bad writing?
and I never met a question that I didn't like. It was a bit odd considering that you had no idea what I was writing about but nevertheless it was just a question. It seems that since someone seems to have agreed that it should be a metaphor for bad writing and I am sure that he is a decent person as well that he will be happy to explain to you why he thinks that.
It is not bad for me because I know why I used the expression and I know that I have a very kind reason for doing so and I know that who it is intended for will be pleased.
It may just come about that someday it will be clear why "by diamonds under his knees" is a beautiful line and I wouldn't want you feeling that you had started the rumor that it was a bad line when all you did was ask a question. In case you ever start wondering about the way that Leonard has used the word diamonds in his songs, I wouldn't want you thinking that I wouldn't be one willing to talk to you about it and so i wanted you to be absolutely sure that I have sincere respect for you in asking that question about my line.

It was a very decent question and I am sure it will get a very decent answer

regards jack
in my second day of drug withdrawal so please excuse me if I am sounding like a stark raving mad man
Last edited by lazariuk on Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tinderella

Post by tinderella » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:27 pm

Maybe it was mean of me to use your line and say it should be a metaphor for bad writing, but it was actually said in a lighthearted way and I did not mean to insult you personally.

It is just the image of 'diamonds under his knees'........I can't get my head around that...but
'no diamonds in the mine'... makes perfect sense to me

Thanks for your understanding of my way of thinking and I appreciate that the poet will always know the true meaning of his poem as he wrote it.
Hope the withdrawal pains have eased... and half crazy people are the best people to be around.
lazariuk

Post by lazariuk » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:06 pm

tinderella wrote:Maybe it was mean of me to use your line and say it should be a metaphor for bad writing, but it was actually said in a lighthearted way and I did not mean to insult you personally.
Dearest Tinder.

I did not take your question as being mean and you don't need to explain anything to me as if you in any way trepassed on me because as far as I am concerned you didn't.

I will tell you a bit about me. I tried to say it one time in the very kind of way that you said you seem to like. In to a few lines, four lines. I even tried to make it a bit funny. It went like this:
I was born like this
I am one of the litter
That was born to follow
Whatever would glitter
I can't help myself. All that I really noticed about what you wrote was that you asked a question, like anyone would probably do in your set of circumstances. It doesn't seem like it was asked to me and because nothing glitters to me like a good question I will just wait to see how it gets answered. I don't think you need to do any more. You have made it clear that you just want to have fun and that your words were not directed toward me. Why not just relax and watch yourself?
Lion of Lions

Post by Lion of Lions » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:21 pm

tinderella wrote:Maybe it was mean of me to use your line and say it should be a metaphor for bad writing,
yes, it was mean of you and I, for one, shall never forgive you and shall never talk to you again.
tinderella

Post by tinderella » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:27 pm

Y'mean we are no longer pals? Tut tut, and after all i have done for you. I am like your agent on this forum spreading the good word about your good words :(
I have practically turned you into the Ben Hur of the Forum ... all in a weekend I might add.
Lion of Lions

Post by Lion of Lions » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:39 pm

tinderella wrote:Y'mean we are no longer pals? Tut tut, and after all i have done for you. I am like your agent on this forum spreading the good word about your good words :(
I have practically turned you into the Ben Hur of the Forum ... all in a weekend I might add.
ok, I change my mind.

Hello.

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”