imaginary friend

Re: Dispreached

Post by imaginary friend » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:43 am

ouch.
lazariuk

Post by lazariuk » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:55 am

imaginary friend wrote:ouch.
Oh friend where can I kiss to make it better?
Everything being said to you is true; Imagine of what it is true.
imaginary friend

Post by imaginary friend » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:10 am

there... and there... and there please...
skip that other place on the other thread.
Ok. Thanks. Feel better now.
Violet

Post by Violet » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:43 am

imaginary friend wrote:
Violet. Vi-O-let. You are hereby banned from the Haiku thread.
.. why?... just because I was keeping Lord M. occupied.. it was my turn, I thought.. I mean, somebody has to do it..

.. besides, it's all Leonard's fault.. he's the one that wants crack and anal sex.. (or at least he used to want crack and anal sex)..
Violet
joanna42

Post by joanna42 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:52 pm

lazariuk wrote:Dispreached
by the flowers
Dispreached
by the trees
Dispreached
by diamonds
under his knees

Dispreached
by the song
Dispreached
by the book
Dispreached
by taking
a second look

Dispreached
by a saint
Dispreached
by a liar
Dispreached
by a gaze
into the fire

Dispreached
by a woman
Dispreached
by her lover
Dispreached
by a Queen
who stayed
under cover

Hello, is this a nursery rhyme? I don't think it makes any sense, "diamond under the knees! Why did this Queen stay under cover? I love nonsense poems because anyone can write them.

but did you read the Owl and the Pussycat, that was brilliant?
Violet

Post by Violet » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:14 pm

Hi J. 42...

It just so happens that there's a conversation of sorts on just that poem (The Owl and the Pussycat, I mean) somewhere on p. 2 of George.Wright's "Turn Your Cow Eyes Away" thread... FYI, and since you seem to be new here, if you don't want to start searching through the pages of threads here, you can look up this thread by simply looking up his or my own posts (if you check under the heading "members" at the top right of your screen).. and down the rosters of posts under our names you will start to see that thread mentioned... "Colonial Suicide" (another thread detailing the "romance" of Georges and Violet) is like the sequel to that thread (and you can find it on this first page of threads)..

I am by no means the poetry section's librarian.. these are threads I know about because of my involvement in them... I also think they're kind of fun, so I thought I'd mention them to you since you brought up that wonderful fanciful poem that I've loved since childhood, and since I had a personal story to tell that in some manner involves that poem...

anyway, welcome to this section of the L.C. Forum,

v i o l e t
Violet
Manna

Post by Manna » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:47 pm

You can't be dispreached by another person, only by yourself. Otherwise, it is still preaching. Another person can be involved, even helpful, but he can't do it to you. You don't get to be passive.

If you believe me, then I have just preached to you, though I may have helped you dispreach yourself from something else.

And what the heck is all that pain in the bum teeny tiny print about? I can't read it. No Fair.
Now technically, I am aware that I could punch Ctrl+ to enlarge the font on my screen, but all that button pushing gets my fingers aching, really, it's too much effort.
Cate

Post by Cate » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:03 pm

These wayward girls were being a bit naughty Manna, there was mention of whips, crack, kisses and anal sex.

it's always more fun to whisper when your being naughty, so whoever you're with has to lean in close to hear you.

- - - - -
I think that you have a really good point Manna but there is still a concern that the inner voice will start preaching a bunch of shoulds, or if onlys.
I wonder if to be dispreached, if this part of the head might need to be quieted a bit so that other parts of the head can find their own voice again. So maybe it would be a combination of submission and self direction.
imaginary friend

Post by imaginary friend » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:16 pm

Cate wrote:
I wonder if to be dispreached, if this part of the head might need to be quieted a bit so that other parts of the head can find their own voice again. So maybe it would be a combination of submission and self direction.
Cate, that's what I was trying to articulate with the 'losing your grip/then you slip into the MP' comment. To be dispreached (IMO), you have to let go and open yourself to alternatives. You don't need someone else to de-program you, you can be looking at the moon or a tree or a baby and reach an epiphany of dispreaching on your own. You don't even have to be aware of the significance at the time, just open to the shift.
lazariuk

Post by lazariuk » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:40 pm

Everyone is being so kind with my little poem.

You inspire the thought that dispreaching isn't taught but rather caught like a cold.
Cate

Post by Cate » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:04 pm

imaginary friend wrote: 'Dispreached' makes me think of losing your grip and slipping into the Masterpiece, rather than 'going astray'... (I want to be dispreached)
Yes I liked how you said that and I see your meaning now. I think I had been distracted with image of a dark robed person preaching or on their knees praying or, or or or better yet preaching at me demanding that I pray ....

hummm....
I'll take a line from Ms. V. and blame that on Leonard, or maybe on Geoffrey who had me thinking about vicars garden shed. (I love this blame Geoffrey policy b.t.w.) if you happen to read G. could you please stop placing empty milk cartons back in the fridge - thanks ;-)
Last edited by Cate on Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cate

Post by Cate » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:05 pm

lazariuk wrote:Everyone is being so kind with my little poem.

You inspire the thought that dispreaching isn't taught but rather caught like a cold.

I think that this must be it!!!

okay Jack
sneeze on me
then I'll sneeze on you.
lazariuk

Post by lazariuk » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:23 pm

Cate wrote: okay Jack
sneeze on me
then I'll sneeze on you.
Reminds me of a little poem Leonard wrote
They locked up a man
who wanted to rule the world
The fools
they locked up
the wrong man
They should have locked up R.D. Laing
"I want to be an itch in your brain and in your guts
That you can't scratch out or ally
that will corrupt you and destroy you and drive you mad
Who can write entirely with unadultrated compassion?
All prose, all poetry to the extent that is not compassion is failure.

If I could turn you on, if I could drive you out of your wretched mind, if
I could tell you - I would let you know."

r.d. laing from the "Bird of Paradise"
lazariuk

Post by lazariuk » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:58 pm

joanna42 wrote:
Hello, is this a nursery rhyme? I don't think it makes any sense, "diamond under the knees! Why did this Queen stay under cover? I love nonsense poems because anyone can write them.
Hello Joanna
As I see that this is your first and only post I wish to welcome you to our community that seems to be gathered around the living center of Leonard Cohen.
I like that you are thinking of nursery rhymes as Leonard is getting pretty old and I think that many of us want to treat him as a baby - old people often seem to be like that. Nursery rhymes might be very appropriate. If you ever feel kind of lost here in knowing what is going on it is probably a good idea to just see if you can find a way to relate it to Leonard. You will find it might serve you well.
I probably wouldn't do a very good job of explaining what I was trying to write and so I won't. You might have to wait for the book version.
Jack
imaginary friend

Post by imaginary friend » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:07 pm

Hi Joanna42,

Have we met before? You seem like an old friend(s)...

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”