Good For The Soul

This is for your own works!!!
Post Reply
John K.
Posts: 856
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2002 5:45 pm
Contact:

Good For The Soul

Post by John K. » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:51 pm

I always disliked the dress that you wore
The first time we went out on a date
When you wear make-up, it's really too much
There's that light blue eye shadow I hate
Your hair looks nicer when you let it grow out
Your smile is kind of goofy and weird
You look like a Munchkin when you wear capri pants
And like most Munchkins you should shave your beard

But I love you, I love you, I love you, I do
Don't let me stop 'cause I'm on a roll
I'm sure to feel better
When I finish this letter
'Cause confession is good for the soul

I hate watching TV because you like the wrong shows
Your taste in music borders on the inane
When you get upset you scare me alot
I sometimes wonder if you are insane
I pretend to listen when you talk about your day
Because your voice is like chalk on a board
I threw out the cards with the hearts that you drew
I needed more room for my privates in the drawer

But I love you, I love you, I love you, I do
Don't let me stop 'cause I'm on a roll
I'm sure to feel better
When I finish this letter
'Cause confession is good for the soul
I love to speak with John
He's a pundit and a fraud
He's a lazy banker living in a suit

http://www.johnkloberdanz.com
John K.
Posts: 856
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2002 5:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Good For The Soul

Post by John K. » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:17 pm

Here's a quick recording using the laptop microphone and guitar and vocals recorded together.

http://www.johnkloberdanz.com/good-for-the-soul.html

Thanks to the forum for the inspiration!
I love to speak with John
He's a pundit and a fraud
He's a lazy banker living in a suit

http://www.johnkloberdanz.com
User avatar
Violet
Posts: 3197
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 11:07 pm
Location: New York

Re: Good For The Soul

Post by Violet » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:19 pm

John K. wrote:I always disliked the dress that you wore
The first time we went out on a date
When you wear make-up, it's really too much
There's that light blue eye shadow I hate
Your hair looks nicer when you let it grow out
Your smile is kind of goofy and weird
You look like a Munchkin when you wear capri pants
And like most Munchkins you should shave your beard

But I love you, I love you, I love you, I do
Don't let me stop 'cause I'm on a roll
I'm sure to feel better
When I finish this letter
'Cause confession is good for the soul

I hate watching TV because you like the wrong shows
Your taste in music borders on the inane
When you get upset you scare me alot
I sometimes wonder if you are insane
I pretend to listen when you talk about your day
Because your voice is like chalk on a board
I threw out the cards with the hearts that you drew
I needed more room for my privates in the drawer

But I love you, I love you, I love you, I do
Don't let me stop 'cause I'm on a roll
I'm sure to feel better
When I finish this letter
'Cause confession is good for the soul
John... I'm so glad to see you and Geoffrey getting along better! :lol:

... [and I NEVER use smilies... well, except for with Cate... sometimes]...

v i o l e t
Violet
John K.
Posts: 856
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2002 5:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Good For The Soul

Post by John K. » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:22 pm

Violet wrote:

John... I'm so glad to see you and Geoffrey getting along better! :lol:

... [and I NEVER use smilies... well, except for with Cate... sometimes]...

v i o l e t
Well, thanks for nothing! This song is NOT about any forum member, and I do not want to be accused of spreading rumors about Geoffrey's taste in clothing or make-up. It's bad enough my mother (or father, I'm not sure) is a "viper"!
I love to speak with John
He's a pundit and a fraud
He's a lazy banker living in a suit

http://www.johnkloberdanz.com
News Gal
Posts: 212
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:12 pm
Location: New Haven, CT
Contact:

Re: Good For The Soul

Post by News Gal » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:50 pm

This is AWESOME LOL, I laughed so hard! The part about the Munchkin in capris is epic.

Then again, this song is epic. 5 Stars!
ᎤᏩᎬᏗᏒ ᏥᎪᏩᏘᎲ, ᎯᎩᎾᎵᎢ, ᎠᏓᎯᏍᏗ ᎨᏐ. Uwagvdisv tsigowatihv, higinali'i , adahisdi geso (I've seen the future brother, it is murder.)
John K.
Posts: 856
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2002 5:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Good For The Soul

Post by John K. » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:34 am

News Gal wrote:This is AWESOME LOL, I laughed so hard! The part about the Munchkin in capris is epic.

Then again, this song is epic. 5 Stars!
Well, thanks!!!
I love to speak with John
He's a pundit and a fraud
He's a lazy banker living in a suit

http://www.johnkloberdanz.com
User avatar
piñata heart
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:04 pm
Location: new york city
Contact:

Re: Good For The Soul

Post by piñata heart » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:32 pm

John K. wrote: I threw out the cards with the hearts that you drew
I needed more room for my privates in the drawer
Best part...hands down!!! Thanks John, this really cracked me up!

-ph
John K.
Posts: 856
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2002 5:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Good For The Soul

Post by John K. » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:13 pm

piñata heart wrote:
John K. wrote: I threw out the cards with the hearts that you drew
I needed more room for my privates in the drawer
Best part...hands down!!! Thanks John, this really cracked me up!

-ph
Hi ph, thanks very much! If I'm allowed to have a favorite line, that's it for me too, I laughed when I realized I could work the word "privates" into the song.

I'm doing this one at open mike tonight, if it's a night where people pay attention I hope to get a few laughs. If not, then I get to practice it anyway.

JK
I love to speak with John
He's a pundit and a fraud
He's a lazy banker living in a suit

http://www.johnkloberdanz.com
lazariuk
Posts: 1944
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:38 am
Location: Vancouver

Re: Good For The Soul

Post by lazariuk » Thu May 07, 2009 3:34 pm

John K. wrote:
I'm doing this one at open mike tonight, if it's a night where people pay attention I hope to get a few laughs. If not, then I get to practice it anyway.

JK
Violence masquerading as love often gets a laugh
Everything being said to you is true; Imagine of what it is true.
John K.
Posts: 856
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2002 5:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Good For The Soul

Post by John K. » Thu May 07, 2009 3:44 pm

lazariuk wrote:
Violence masquerading as love often gets a laugh
That's true, good thing I'm not violent, and the song is neither written in my real voice or about anybody I really know!
I love to speak with John
He's a pundit and a fraud
He's a lazy banker living in a suit

http://www.johnkloberdanz.com
John K.
Posts: 856
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2002 5:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Good For The Soul

Post by John K. » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:11 am

I still perform this song sometimes, and I think of the Forum every time I do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxEf_fhnuaU
I love to speak with John
He's a pundit and a fraud
He's a lazy banker living in a suit

http://www.johnkloberdanz.com
Post Reply

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”