Poem for Geoffrey

This is for your own works!!!
lizzytysh

Re: Poem for Geoffrey

Post by lizzytysh » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:18 pm

Good morning from here... and good afternoon to you, there, Geoffrey...

When I read burningviolin's signature just now, I thought of you and am bringing it here, just in case you might draw some comfort from it:

“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.”

~ Teilhard de Chardin

I've been wondering if sitting in the first pew and listening to Kyrie brings you any comfort at all, or if it simply needs to be something else or somewhere else or both, or if there's just little comfort to be found anywhere yet.

My best,
Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Manna

Post by Manna » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:46 pm

That particular sentence is one that Jack has shown me.
Martine

Post by Martine » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:12 pm

Last edited by Martine on Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Violet

Post by Violet » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:40 pm

... wow, I'm glad I haven't been here long enough to know what everyone's griping about... sounds like you’re in big trouble, Mr. Sirus... (you, well you know what, you)… Anyhoo...
sirus wrote:It's raining, dark clouds hover making my world dark and my cappucino cold.
I am a nasty man and I behave badly most of the time. Perhaps I would be different if somebody loved me.
Perhaps.
:cry: :cry: :cry:
imaginary friend wrote:Of course it's in his eyes – and quite possibly the cause of the
dark clouds hover(ing)
above his head too...
...(I.F. is referring of course to all that hazy cigarette smoke)...

You know, I think the problem, Mr. Sirus, if you don't mind my weighing in here (yet again), is that...

... well, maybe.. (I guess I've got you on the couch now...) (no, I don't mean like that) (although I see you've kept your word)... (Mr. Sirus)... (I suggest a cold shower for that, by the way)... Anyway, what I've been trying to get to is that... well... (psychoanalytically speaking, that is)... maybe you could never see... tomorrow... I mean, you'd never been told, it seems, about... the...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Udn05aPzAHQ
pixilated, yes, but...
Last edited by Violet on Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:55 am, edited 5 times in total.
Violet
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:24 pm

There are many more, of course; however, these are for you, Geoffrey. I know better than to think that they'll help in the way you need it most, but I still offer them to you for however they may. Every smallest bit of comfort helps. They add up over time.

"The heart that truly loved never forgets, but truly loves on to the close."

~ Thomas Moore

She did and you did, and she will be with you in your heart forever... your best friend, your life.

"Friendship's best fate is when it can spend a life, a fortune, all to serve a friend."

~ John Bertram Phillips

And you did, Geoffrey. She knew that and she no doubt spent hers the same.

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
sirus

Post by sirus » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:11 pm

Martine,
just for you - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoKbDNY0Zwg

Violet, later.....
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:58 am

wonder if i may have a little extra time before my next 'keeping-in-touch' message.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:20 am

Dear Geoffrey ~

I'll be glad when I see your name here again, whenever it may be... your time is yours to do what you want and need most. Take all of it that you want. 'Keep in touch' at whatever pace suits you best.

Love,
from a friend,
Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
Violet

Post by Violet » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:22 am

sirus wrote:
Violet, later.....

... (I added an itsy bit to that last post, Mr. S.)..
Violet
Violet

Post by Violet » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:26 pm

Dear Mr. Sirus,

what are you waiting for, a Greek chorus?
why don’t you come and join us?
I mean, don’t you desire us? (Mr. Sirus?)
indeed your absence surely tries us
(you Rat Pack Adonis)…
please, Mr. Sirus, don’t leave us…
else you’ll surely make of me a
poor poetess (I mean, if I continue thus)
… is it that you distrust us?
… poor poor Mr. Sirus…

v i o l e t (a bit
distressedus)...
Violet
Violet

Post by Violet » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:08 pm

… um… Mr. Sirus… your “ignore tactic” is really beginning to work, I’m afraid… This must be a weakness of mine since Lord M. was quite successful when it came to utilizing it (not that he ever so openly avowed his love for me as, well, you once did, Mr. Sirus)… At one point I thought even Red Poppy had been using this tactic on me, back in my
“Sign” thread days… (however, I later discovered he’d actually left the forum for a while, and so his absence had absolutely nothing to do with me whatsoever… but, well, given my violetish vanity, I just assumed…)… ANYWAY… Mr. Sirus… I’m not sure if you play the guitar at all (... let alone a sad guitar)... but… well, I think you can get the idea here… oh, and some day I hope to have a huge V installed on stage, so I can sing this to you in my ever so seductively-violet, long silk gown…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ccvt30wd5OA note: this link no longer viable, see below...
FULL SCREEN…

... oh, Georges, my love... I hope you can ignore all this... I'm sure it's just one of those momentary distractions... like it was with Lord M.... I mean, I don't think anyone here could fail to recognize the depth... width... (and any other dimensions I may be leaving out)... of our timeless Love for each other, my sweet... but you know I sometimes get tripped up by... well, by untold nastiness, I guess.. and here it is in its purest form, and so how could I not possibly succumb?.. (my sweet).. anyway, you haven't even answered my last post on our C.S. thread... so I needed something to do, it seems... [I just realized, dear reader, that I have a thing for men who like to leave me hanging out to dry on this impossibly precarious little limb... the one that's about to break off into that inexorable abyss... existing beyond all love and human contact even]...

... save me, Georges!!... save me, my love!!......(or at least answer my last post... I mean, my god...)... love eternally... your pouting little v i o l e t flower xxxxxxxxxx x xx x x x x...

(Note re: the new link below)... Okay, dear readers, it seems Georges must have messed up my link over at youtube (he knows black magick 'n dankish Irish faerie stuff, 'n such)... ANYWAY... here's another version of this legendarily seventies tune... Oh, and Mr. Sirus, now you have to imagine there's a huge K on the stage, which you have to then imagine to be a huge V... (a violet colored V, if you prefer)... I know that's double duty on that, but, well, we all suffer in such matters of love triangulation... even youtube viewers, apparently...

... oh, okay, to help you out here... it would look something like this...

V

...alright, so here goes again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Mh3XeEFQug
FULL SCREEN...
Violet
Violet

Post by Violet » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:12 pm

... as I've added so much new material to that last post, I thought I'd bring this thread back up to the top of the heap, as it were... oh, and Mr. Sirus, this ignore tactic of yours really only works for a short duration.. I mean at some point one's desire.. never attended to, that is... simply atrophies and flakes off... rather like a certain male appendage in the wake of... well, of complete disuse... (I'm afraid)...

... Sorry, dear reader, that last part was meant for Mr. S.'s eyes only, in case you accidentally happened to read that section and were in any way offended by it... (oh, and Georges, my love, re-read my little message to you as per the last post... I'm still waiting for you back at our suicide thread)...

Always here to serve your reading and viewing pleasure,

v i o l e t (flower)
Violet
Violet

Post by Violet » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:32 pm

... oh, I get it now, Mr. Sirus (...my family celebrates holidays late in the day, which is my only excuse for still being here right now)... Anyway, as I was saying, Mr. Sirus, I just now realized that underneath that Rat Pack Adonis exterior you've got going, you're probably more of a bird variety of male... in which case you might at least consider taking me up on few flights now and then.. (I mean, really, is that too much to ask??... geez...)... So, anyway, Mr. Sirus (you funny sexy nasty man, you) (I haven't used that in its original form in quite a while, it seems)... gosh, what was I saying?.. oh -- well, you certainly have me flying with this one, Mr. S... (very impressive)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqgikGqAtH0
FULL SCREEN...
Violet
George.Wright

Post by George.Wright » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:48 am

Violet,
My Love. No other bird can take you flying, ignore this distraction and returneth...........

Georges.
I am a right bad ass, dankish prince and I love my Violet to bits.
Violet

Post by Violet » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:31 pm

... you are so turning me on right now, my love... I'll see you back at our C.S. thread... (I think we have some catching up to do)...
v i o l e t xxx x xx
xxxxxxxxxxx
x x
xxxx x xxxxx xxxx x x xxxx (oh, excuse us, Mr. Sirus) xxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
x
xxxxxxxxxx x x
x xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxx xxxx x x
Violet

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”