Poem for Geoffrey

This is for your own works!!!
John K.

Re: Poem for Geoffrey

Post by John K. » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:46 pm

Oh boy, did I predict that one right! Why didn't I think of that when a certain someone called me a rude name! I love screen print!
I love to speak with John
He's a pundit and a fraud
He's a lazy banker living in a suit

http://www.johnkloberdanz.com
Sideways

Post by Sideways » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:48 pm

John K. wrote:Oh boy, did I predict that one right! Why didn't I think of that when a certain someone called me a rude name! I love screen print!

I don't do technical so I don't understand how you have played with the original posts. I think your screen should be shot.
yeah, well, errrrm, hum, yeah, ok, I dunno, articulation is not my fing, who cares, SHUT IT YOU MUPPET, blah blah blah
John K.

Post by John K. » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:52 pm

Nice try Mickey, you did it again over in the Sideways Geoffrey poem thread, so I did it again too.

No trickery, it's merely you being caught being your true self.

Sideways

Post by Sideways » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:55 pm

John K. wrote:Nice try Lizzy , you did it again over in the Sideways Geoffrey poem thread, so I did it again too.

No trickery, it's merely you being caught being your true shellfish.
yeah, well, errrrm, hum, yeah, ok, I dunno, articulation is not my fing, who cares, SHUT IT YOU MUPPET, blah blah blah
John K.

Post by John K. » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:58 pm

Here's an emoticon I think we need in the forum, is one available?

To everyone in the forum, you're welcome.
Attachments
tongue.jpg
tongue.jpg (2.91 KiB) Viewed 1768 times

Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:55 am

With this thread you make me feel very important, even though the sentiments are not pleasant or positive. I know I am, as you will agree, just a rather mediocre person - talentless and very boring. I get lonely sometimes, and forget how to behave. Thank you, anyway - for being here in this community. It is good to read all of the posts here.
Cate

Post by Cate » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:47 am

hello

Dear Geoffrey - you are lonely because you have forgotten me at the airport. The goat has eaten some woman's purse and I'm not quite sure where my luggage is. No worries though; a man with no teeth has offered to take me home with him, I think - I couldn't really understand him, but he smells like cheese so I'm a bit undecided.
Manna

Post by Manna » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:32 am

No!!!
Cate, no no no no no!!!!

oh dear.
Someone call missing persons right away.
Someone call the police.
Call the Texas rangers and the coast guard.
PLEEEEASE!
Cate has been hypnotized by some necromancer because of his redolence of cheese. Now he's going to sacrifice her goat, keep the contents of some woman's purse and stuff the remains of Cate into her luggage. Oh no no no, this can't be happening. Then he's going to keep her poor soul as a lover. Cate, I'm so distraught. Please send word, oh I'm fretting so.

Shame on you Geoffrey. Shame shame shame. How could you leave Cate to suffer such awful fate making the rest of us wait in anguish for this perilous date?
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:19 am

Dear Cate and Manna.

You are very kind people. I have been suffering depression and isolation, so it's good to feel a part of this society, though I am convinced I am a negative element. There are gales up here, very violent ones - even the gulls are hiding. The sky is black, and all I can see are sheep huddling under a small group of firs on the lea side of a cottage a little way up the mountain. An old farmer lives there together with his sister; she is a widow. Her husband was a fisherman who drowned a while ago when his boat smashed into the rocks during a sudden storm, not unlike the one we are experiencing now. Nature can be cruel and raw. I too lost somebody, but I was with her when she died. I go to the churchyard and talk to a sound-proof wall. Don't know if there's anyone on the other side or not, but even if there is they can't see or hear me. Strange how one can hold a hand one day, and the next day it's more than a billion light-years away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLQF-4uyD4Y
Cate

Post by Cate » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:13 pm

Strange how one can hold a hand one day, and the next day it's more than a billion light-years away.
yes
that's very true

I though what you wrote was very touching Geoffrey but I'm lacking in words for it. If this wasn't a shiny blue screen but a room we were standing in instead, I'd come to your side and lace my arm around your arm with my shoulder firm against you. Without looking directly at you, I'd touch my head to your shoulder or to your head if your not that tall. Then I'd simply say, giving you a light squeeze and a slight push with my hip, "that was nice, I liked that". and hopefully you'd get what I meant. If I thought it would be welcomed, I'd lean up to kiss the top of your head or your cheek before I moved away again, but not too far.

-----
Not to worry Manna he wasn't dangerous just a heavy drinker, I simply waited for him to fall asleep, rolled him and came back home safe and sound.
I'm going to take the goat to the vet this afternoon.
Last edited by Cate on Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:11 pm

Dear Geoffrey ~

Listening through your words to how you're feeling and the elements you're surrounded by, I hear your isolation and desolation. You know you're a part of here. I am moved by your description of how completely life disappears. My heart is with you, Geoffrey. I know the acuteness and intensity of your loss and time has barely passed at all.

Love,
Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:38 pm

thank you Cate and lyzzytysh. it's now early evening and the long storm has died down - the sun is even trying to come out. i haven't eaten so i'm going to the grocery store to buy something before it closes. have no idea what to make tonight - will decide when i see what they've got. wish i lived in a big city like some of you lucky people. here are some live web cameras from my little town (the ones on the left):

http://www.smp.no/section/WEBCAM/1012&WID=1#
Cate

Post by Cate » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:14 pm

This is where you live! no wonder you're not on the computer much. I don't think I could come away from the window either!

---

note: oh, I just edited my above message (I was going to p.m. you), I couldn't really come up with the right words to say before, because words wouldn't be how I would naturally express myself.
Violet

Post by Violet » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:05 pm

Geoffrey... I'm sorry to hear of your loss as well... your planet video... once the sound died down... was so tranquil seeming, and that itself seemed a comfort to me as I started my day today... perhaps you found some comfort there as well...

take care of yourself, and as you see, there are those here who care about you too,

v i o l e t
Violet
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:47 pm

i don't know what to say. usually when i start composing a message many impulses queue up in a disorderly line, fighting to be first on screen. it's virtually automatic writing; i have to discipline the process in order to gain control. now i am struggling just to say 'thank you' to you for responding. i know it's not enough, but it never could be anyway.

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”