Poem for Geoffrey

This is for your own works!!!
Cate

Re: Poem for Geoffrey

Post by Cate » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:20 pm

No, I didn't think you would if you were mentioning it. I just hadn't really thought about people peeking at what other people were saying... I guess it doesn't matter, it's just good to know.
Geoffrey, I doubt anyone would actually think that you were Ren, Sue, Manna, or Sniv - you don't sound like any of them. I also doubt that Ren and Sniv are the same author, but I have to admit that I thought you were William. I never flirted with him or anything like that - barely spoke to him, but he once sent me a William Blake poem that really touched me as it reminded me of my Father.

opps I guess I was wrong - although I suspect that John maybe teasing(I can't tell, maybe Sue really did trick him ).
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:54 pm

Dear John and Cate.
The password I use in here is changed periodically, because I, of all people, know the importance of doing so. Although I have sometimes shared it with friends (Michael NOT being one of them) none have broken the golden rule of 'look but don't touch'. Cate, I do not know who 'William' is. Have never, to the best of my knowledge, had any interaction with him. I am 'Geoffrey', and only 'Geoffrey' - and no one else has posted under that name. May God strike me down dead within the next two minutes if I tell a lie.

G
Cate

Post by Cate » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:57 pm

I believe you Geoffry.
I never thought you were any of the others, with the exception of William, who as I said I liked.
Wouldn't it be horrible if William was real and when he died we just all made jokes and fun.... not that I think he would have minded that.

----

so Geoffrey who has no pm function for people to bug him with, what do you consider an advanced age?
I had pictured you more as a man in his mid 50's, which in my opinion is a great age for men. To me men of that age have grown into their looks, are more self confident (not always trying to prove something) and seem to have a better perspective about what's important in life and what's not important - that is of course a big generalization.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:15 pm

Cate wrote:
>I believe you Geoffrey. I never thought you were any of the others, with the exception of William . . .

More than two minutes have passed and I am still here. Also, Jarkko has kindly confirmed in his 'Everything Else' section that what I have written is true. There is only one me. Someone once said: "My name is Legion, for I am many" - but my name is Geoffrey, for I am one. So, perhaps we can all settle down now. As for 'William' - I cannot help you as our paths have never crossed. x
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:15 pm

Your comment means a lot to me, Geoffrey. Thanks.

Cate ~ As I recall, 'William' showed up in Dublin and had great laughs with everyone.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:23 pm

Hi Lizzy - you're awake!! Great to see you again. Cate, just noticed your lower paragraph. One of the oldest here, I'm afraid - an ancient 59. Almost. I take comfort in knowing that Leonard walks before me.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:27 pm

You too, Geoffrey... and, at least by definition, I'm awake.

Though Leonard walks before both of us in age, I walk beside you, yet am still older.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:46 pm

lizzytysh wrote:
>Though Leonard walks before both of us in age, I walk beside you, yet am still older.

Yes, but you are attractive and have charm, assets I lack. You could get a man any time you choose, pick the one you like most - while I am destined to live alone. Nobody wants me, really. I am a waste of space, an ugly old man who's outstayed his welcome, who's no good at anything except being a burdon to society. Nobody loves me.
News Gal

Post by News Gal » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:02 pm

59 is young, Geoffrey! My hiking buddy is the same age.

Don't EVER doubt someone loves you! I know I do, and many others here do. I know what that feels like, not feeling attractive. I'm much smaller than most women partly due to ethnicity and partly due to growth hormone deficiency. It's hard to stand out when you're not even 5 feet tall LOL. Then add in the fact most people around me are Italian and much prettier by Western standards, and you have the makings of low self-esteem. Believe me, I know how that feels.
ᎤᏩᎬᏗᏒ ᏥᎪᏩᏘᎲ, ᎯᎩᎾᎵᎢ, ᎠᏓᎯᏍᏗ ᎨᏐ. Uwagvdisv tsigowatihv, higinali'i , adahisdi geso (I've seen the future brother, it is murder.)
Sideways

Post by Sideways » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:15 pm

Geoffrey wrote:lizzytysh wrote:
>Though Leonard walks before both of us in age, I walk beside you, yet am still older.

Yes, but you are attractive and have charm, assets I lack. You could get a man any time you choose, pick the one you like most - while I am destined to live alone. Nobody wants me, really. I am a waste of space, an ugly old man who's outstayed his welcome, who's no good at anything except being a burdon to society. Nobody loves me.
First of all Geoffrey, I am really pleased you are officially cleared now and everyone can drop their suspicions of you!! I think the misunderstanding happened because you have the surname Wren which was coincidentally close to the poster of complete gibberish called "Ren"

As to your confession, I am sure that you struggled to overcome your habit of reading other peoples' private messages and it makes you a better man imho for stopping that habit.

I have seen your photo on the Gallery and I do not agree with others that you are particularly ugly. I can actually see the pride of a wrong-doer who has reformed. Well Done!!

love

Sue
(who would iron your tuxedo any day!)
yeah, well, errrrm, hum, yeah, ok, I dunno, articulation is not my fing, who cares, SHUT IT YOU MUPPET, blah blah blah
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:28 pm

Sideways wrote:
>I am sure that you struggled to overcome your habit of reading other peoples' private messages and it makes you a better man imho for stopping that habit.

Well, as long as people are nice to me I cannot envisage returning to that old habit.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:34 pm

News Gal wrote:
>Don't EVER doubt someone loves you! I know I do, and many others here do.
>It's hard to stand out when you're not even 5 feet tall

How do you reach stuff on the top shelf? Who else loves me besides you, then? Have some women confided to you that they love me? How many? What did they say?

Emotionally yours -
G
Martine

Post by Martine » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:02 pm

Last edited by Martine on Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Martine

Post by Martine » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:08 pm

Last edited by Martine on Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Martine

Post by Martine » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:13 pm

Last edited by Martine on Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”