Everybody has to write at least one poem about the moon

This is for your own works!!!
Sideways

Nobody has to write at least 17 poems about the moon

Post by Sideways » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:30 am

This revival thread is making me quite lostnalgic. Where are the Harry S de nos yesteryear? How can a Talent such as He now be be? If only Leonard Cohen were alive today.

The Masterpiece below writ and posteded were in May 2010. It's hard to believe that 9 long years have passed your way since.

Fuck the moon
And its indecision
And cream cheese beyond its sell-by date
And its selective romance
And its cloud disguise
Fuck the moon
And its illegitimate sun
And its yellow fever
And its boast of stardom
Fuck the moon
The golden boy of the Universe
And its broken imitation of an egg
Panned by its critics
yeah, well, errrrm, hum, yeah, ok, I dunno, articulation is not my fing, who cares, SHUT IT YOU MUPPET, blah blah blah
Karren B
Location: At the Cottage in the Village by the River near the Castle.

Re: Everybody has to write at least one poem about the moon

Post by Karren B » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:40 pm

Ah those were the days… when poems were pomes and parody was paramount, and Harry S so eloquently explained his work in great detail…
As for his whereabouts nowadays; I heard he can be found at the Bar!

Fuck the moon, as explained by Harry S…

Fuck the moon
And its indecision (waxing and waning)
And cream cheese beyond its sell-by date (moon made out of cream cheese)
And its selective romance (its everything if your luck is in, it’s a lamppost if not)
And its cloud disguise (obvious)
Fuck the moon
And its illegitimate sun (pun son)
And its yellow fever (obvious)
And its boast of stardom (star pun)
Fuck the moon
The golden boy of the Universe (obvious)
And its broken imitation of an egg (break it, fry it, yellow and round)
Panned by its critics (it's a pan pun upon)...

My favourite line has to be 'And its selective romance (its everything if your luck is in, it’s a lamppost if not)'
Ah so true!

Hi Cate,
I liked your moon poem.
Especially love the line 'She is full thighs and apple curves' (very Pablo Nerunda).

Your poems always manage to conjure up some wonderful images and I always enjoy reading them.
'Being ‘normal’ is not necessarily a virtue; it rather denotes a lack of courage!'

'Loving you is the most exquisite form of self destruction'...
Cate

Post by Cate » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:52 pm

Nobody has to write at least 17 poems about the moon
:D - true but the lonely and the lovelost need to put their energy someplace, a huge cold rock that can't even be bothered to stick around seems fitting. Harry S. had a good sense of humour, hopefully he's still cracking them up on the other side.

Especially love the line 'She is full thighs and apple curves' (very Pablo Nerunda).
thank you!
The line right before that is from one of my favourite Neruda poems, "Naked you are slender as a grain of wheat", Neruda's line before the 'wheat' one was "You have moonlines, applepathways:"
Moonlines and Applepathways Karren!

I like the version of the Harry S. poem that you posted better Karren - I like the call/response of it.
Sideways

Post by Sideways » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:30 pm

Help is needed. S oh S
yeah, well, errrrm, hum, yeah, ok, I dunno, articulation is not my fing, who cares, SHUT IT YOU MUPPET, blah blah blah
Cate

Post by Cate » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:46 am

okay Sue - just for you the moon is cancelled.
Karren B
Location: At the Cottage in the Village by the River near the Castle.

Post by Karren B » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:28 am

‘Moon-lines and apple pathways’ … That’s a great line Cate. I love Pablo Nerunda’s poems. He has a very sensual way of writing, something you and he have in common! …

You can’t cancel the moon Cate, how would Sue be able to iron naked in the moonlight! I think the S oh S means that she needs help with all that ironing of hers, I would offer but in the past I’ve found ironing naked to be a rather dangerous pastime! By the way did you know Pablo Nerunda once wrote a poem just for Sue, it’s called ‘Ode to Ironing’, though he doesn’t mention her being naked, and I'm sure Sue will tell you she could improve his original poem?
'Being ‘normal’ is not necessarily a virtue; it rather denotes a lack of courage!'

'Loving you is the most exquisite form of self destruction'...
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:33 pm

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and your kind comments Lizzy.
You're welcome, Cate.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Cate

Post by Cate » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:09 am

Lizzy, you're a very kind actioned woman.
Karren B wrote:‘Moon-lines and apple pathways’ I would offer but in the past I’ve found ironing naked to be a rather dangerous pastime!
I've found that ironing even with your cloths on can be dangerous, especially if somebody figures out that you actually know how to do it!
By the way did you know Pablo Nerunda once wrote a poem just for Sue, it’s called ‘Ode to Ironing’, though he doesn’t mention her being naked, and I'm sure Sue will tell you she could improve his original poem?
I didn't know that - it's pretty darn good to.
Sue have you ever even written an ironing poem - are you seriously going to let some dead man beat you at writing ironing poems?
Boss

Post by Boss » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:58 am

Fat moon
They stole you
Four & a half billion years
You partner earth
Dance with us
The distance palpable
And respectable
In '69 they land
Encroach upon
Plant the stars & stripes

Couldn't they at least
Have afforded a dove
Something by Monet
A United Nations flag?

Still today
In your vacuum
Where nothing rots
Your nil atmosphere
Their flag stands
Your Sea of Tranquility
All biased & undone
One day I'm gonna fly
To the top of the moon
And supplant that flag
Gonna plant a world one
Red on top
Purple bottom
And a bright yellow sun
Smack in the middle
Paying homage
To he who cascades light
Upon you each night

The fire

And I think I'll drink
Spill some into the dust
And pay homage
To she who nourishes
All of Humanity

The water
2009 - Melbourne
2013 - Melbourne, Brisbane
Cate

Post by Cate » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:23 pm

Couldn't they at least
Have afforded a dove
Something by Monet
A United Nations flag?
That made me smile - it's so true.
I wonder how long a dove would last in a vacuum?

You made me wonder about the things that were left there. I wish that somebody had thought to bring up a time capsule. There were a few nice things left like a golden olive branch but mostly what was left was junk, including many many bags of feces, urine and vomit. I'm not sure how much longer our astronauts who actually visited will last, how longer it will be until another person visits; what if it's centuries from now, what if it's somebody from another solar system ... what will they think of what we've left as our 'we were here' mark?
Boss

Post by Boss » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:01 am

We'll go there again, we'll colonise it. But there is a condition. We must replenish the Earth first. We must re-breathe life into her, close down and repair the damage. Clean out the waterways, the skyways. Feed her, feed her full of nutrient and life. Energy becomes renewable, deserts turn to green. And the people, they are set free to know shelter and food and security. And faith. We will return to the moon. We will clean up the bags of urine and faeces and vomit. And we will build a runway for our spaceships. And we will build sleeping quarters, may even have a take out joint brimming with burgers and fish'n'chips. The moon will be our first port of call. Then Mars, Venus, Alpha Centauri. Indeed, we shall colonise our Universe. Humankind, Humanity will be proud of itself. We will plumb the deepest depths, deepest recesses of space, and eventually even time. In 50 or so years we will travel at close to the speed of light. And all the while, Cate, we will not know how this vastness, this Cosmos came into existence. But we will know the spark, the fire that kicked off the show in the nothingness. And we will know His love that will resonate in a child's cry, that will resonate down through every conceivable corridor that harbours life. You looking forward to it?
2009 - Melbourne
Sideways

Post by Sideways » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:26 pm

Cate wrote:Lizzy, you're a very kind actioned woman.
Karren B wrote:‘Moon-lines and apple pathways’ I would offer but in the past I’ve found ironing naked to be a rather dangerous pastime!
I've found that ironing even with your cloths on can be dangerous, especially if somebody figures out that you actually know how to do it!
By the way did you know Pablo Nerunda once wrote a poem just for Sue, it’s called ‘Ode to Ironing’, though he doesn’t mention her being naked, and I'm sure Sue will tell you she could improve his original poem?
I didn't know that - it's pretty darn good to.
Sue have you ever even written an ironing poem - are you seriously going to let some dead man beat you at writing ironing poems?

I could certainly write an Ironing Poem but I am quite shy and I write very slowly. I also really dislike challenges. I will release my Ironing Poem, provisionally titled "Everybody has to write at last one poem about the moon", on January 9th 2016 at 16.55 LCT.
Boss

Post by Boss » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:54 am

Pardon me for butting in again, but speaking of things lunar, there is movement afoot, and pretty vociferously too, that two International days be declared. And these will continue rolling on long into The Future.

The first will be celebrated on the 26th of November. It is so according to Jerusalem's full moon which will appear at 12.44 am. This day has been set aside by the authorities as 'Brothers' and all over the World people will celebrate boys and men; the male. His bravery, his sensitivity, his particular kind of love. We will honour him. We will encourage all fledgling male souls. Give him a pat on the shoulder, even a hug. More experienced men will tell stories of Plato, Pharlap and the Grand Prix. And we, male and female alike, will listen. He will be shown he is valuable; the hunter, the protector. He will learn of responsibility - that which he has, or will soon assume.

The second International day will occur on the 11th of December. It will coincide with Jerusalem's new moon which will appear at 7.47 pm. The day will be known as 'Sisters' and every single effort possible will be put in to honour girls and womyn; the female. We will write it across the skies, we will put it up in lights, we will honour her. We will teach boys and men of her; of her wonder and mystery. And her most wonderful profound differences. The fact she carries life inside her, all of our life, this will be held in awe. Put simply, we will revere her, and pay respect to her beautiful life form; her gentle, soothing, witty, eloquent soul.

These International days will be public holidays right across the World from Vladivostok west all the way to Anchorage Alaska. And they will be repeated on every full moon, on every new moon, forever. That is, to infinity. And in this shall Humankind know that it's the miraculous differences in male and female that matter. That the similarities, though nice, are rather mundane compared to the Yin and Yang that makes up our precious species.
2009 - Melbourne
Cate

Post by Cate » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:08 am

Enjoy your holidays Adam.
Clean out the waterways, the skyways...
little by little we'll repair our damage, I hope.
Sideways wrote:
I could certainly write an Ironing Poem but I am quite shy and I write very slowly. I also really dislike challenges. I will release my Ironing Poem, provisionally titled "Everybody has to write at last one poem about the moon", on January 9th 2016 at 16.55 LCT.
Well by all means if you need that much time Sue ... I guess we all slow down at some point, one day we're speeding along the seams and the next we're trying to remember if we've already pressed the steam button. what can you do?
You take as much time as you need dear.

(I'm going to take off for a few weeks but I'll make sure to look for your ode to ironing in January)

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”