never-ending gallery

This is for your own works!!!
LisaLCFan

Re: never-ending gallery

Post by LisaLCFan » Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:55 pm

Geoffrey wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:35 pm
... it was just a bare pole sticking up... there are a lot of untruths in the world, and the attractive big red heart on a valentine card is merely one of them. so, in some respects, that little flag i drew on the prison roof was just a symbol of how dishonesty can permeate society, of how the masses believe a lie if it is repeated enough - not unlike covid vaccinations.
Um, okay. Kind of sorry I asked.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey » Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:40 pm

LisaLCFan wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:55 pm
Um, okay. Kind of sorry I asked.
hei, lisa :-)
-----------------
just dropped into my cellphone with the message "life is sweet!"
ragnhild.jpg
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan » Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:25 am

Hey, Geoffrey. Strawberry shortcake (bløtkake)? It looks good -- I like those kinds of desserts.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:35 am

LisaLCFan wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:25 am
Hey, Geoffrey. Strawberry shortcake (bløtkake)?
good question, and one hundred percent correct. bløtkake it is - plus a little karamellpudding. i had a morning meeting and inspiring conversation with my good friend øystein at sjøholt, and upon arriving back in ålesund about midday, anita called from mauseidvåg saying she was going to a buffet at ragnhilds catering cafe in langevåg and thought it would be nice if i could accompany her - so i did. after that we visited the atelier of artist jan ove ringstad at fiskarstranda because it was the last day of his exhibition. he showed me around, played 'pigs on the wing' on his guitar - and then anita and i went back to her house where i stayed for a couple of hours, sitting on a big corner-couch in the library, drinking coffee, laughing and talking in depth about people we knew, their idiosyncrasies, mostly focusing upon the negative sides of their personalities. she didn't want me to leave but i said i had been up since 6 o'clock and had important things to do, but promised to stay in touch. then i drove back to ålesund and relaxed by putting my feet up and watching old 'blackadder' videos on youtube.

this time you have good reason to be sorry you asked ;)
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan » Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:49 am

Geoffrey wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:35 am
...then i drove back to ålesund and relaxed by putting my feet up and watching old 'blackadder' videos on youtube...
I like "Blackadder". Did you ever see Rowan Atkinson in "Maigret"? It was a serious role, he played a French detective -- good series.
AlanM

Post by AlanM » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:26 am

LisaLCFan wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:49 am

I like "Blackadder". Did you ever see Rowan Atkinson in "Maigret"? It was a serious role, he played a French detective -- good series.
Hi Folks,
Just letting you know someone else is reading this, I didn't like Blackadder. Each to their own, I guess.
I haven't seen Maigret, unless you consider the series broadcast in the early 1960s. Oops, I have just revealed a clue as to how old I am!
Leonard is just telling me to Listen to the Hummingbird.
It must be great for people who live where hummingbirds are, just as it is great for people who love Leonard Cohen.

Keep posting.

Alan
Too much Leonard Cohen is never enough.
London 1972, Adelaide 1980, 1985, 2009
Sydney 2010; Adelaide 2010
Sydney 2013 X2; Melbourne 2013; Adelaide 2013
199Dan

Post by 199Dan » Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:27 pm

199Dan wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:26 pm
Geoffrey wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:06 am
dear lisa

the name is far less important than the work. i was the cameraman for a promotional video aired on tv (see below). leonard insisted on both payment and name crediting, but as i was in a bad financial situation at the time, i needed only money.

as i have written earlier, concerning both 'janteloven' and the late anni sennov's 'auratransformation', too much ego is not an attractive commodity. some of my pictures have been lifted and shown anonymously several places on the internet - with no reaction from my side. sometimes i care not even to sign a picture. one day the universe will be dark and void, so there seems little point. we are told the streets of heaven are paved with gold, but if gold is so plentiful up there it will have the same value as asphalt. in the end, everything is so utterly meaningless. like leonard said: "when things look bad just raise your glass, stamp your feet and do a little jig - that's about all you can do".

concerning the poem: you wrote 'WTF'. 'DILLIGAF' is the newest response acronym. i have no time to write more this evening; it has been a long day at a village called hovdebygda with demanding friends and endless chatter. there is no night here in the summer, and social activities flourish. i am tired. catch you later :-)
--------------------------
https://youtu.be/K4qDWchwHKk
Ok, words have value when spoken by certain people.
The value is in consistency of message .
It can help the reader understand the massage and understand the author.

Thanks for you ti
I must have missed your response.
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan » Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:46 am

AlanM wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:26 am
...I haven't seen Maigret, unless you consider the series broadcast in the early 1960s. Oops, I have just revealed a clue as to how old I am!
Leonard is just telling me to Listen to the Hummingbird.
It must be great for people who live where hummingbirds are, just as it is great for people who love Leonard Cohen...
I wasn't alive in the early 1960s.

I did not realise until you mentioned it and I did a quick google search, that hummingbirds do not live world-wide -- they are, in fact, confined to the New World in the Western Hemisphere (at least, in nature). I now feel very privileged to live where hummingbirds are, because they are magical little creatures, incredibly beautiful, and it is always a thrill to see one (and to hear them -- some of them buzz like bees, their tiny wings flapping so rapidly!).
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:43 pm

LisaLCFan wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:49 am
Did you ever see Rowan Atkinson in "Maigret"? It was a serious role, he played a French detective -- good series.
i did not know about 'maigret' until you mentioned it. after having seen one or two snippets on youtube i am left with the impression that it is a quality series. cannot be easy for an actor to undertake serious roles after being type-cast in comedy.
------------------------------------------
you don't meet nice girls in coffee shops.jpg
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:34 am

Geoffrey wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:43 pm
...i did not know about 'maigret' until you mentioned it. after having seen one or two snippets on youtube i am left with the impression that it is a quality series. cannot be easy for an actor to undertake serious roles after being type-cast in comedy...
I think it's worth watching -- it's a bit "dark". Atkinson is excellent, I thought he thoroughly inhabited the role in a very understated performance -- I wasn't even thinking about his comedy roles, he was like a different guy.

On that subject, one of my favourite movies (well, I like it enough to have watched it more than once) stars a comedy actor in a serious role: "Stranger than Fiction", with Will Ferrell. It's an interesting movie, quite charming and intriguing (I think so, anyway), and hard to label ("drama/fantasy"?). I can't stand Ferrell in comedy roles (except when he parodied George W. Bush on TV -- but his movies are not my thing) -- I have recommended Stranger than Fiction to many people who also dislike Ferrell's movies, but they refused to watch it because of that. (I have a vague recollection that I once recommended it to you, but I may be wrong.)
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:23 am

good to read your message. have been away, and just off again (with friends to ona). never been there before. will be back tomorrow :-)
ps. saw half of the film before sleeping last night. great!!! looking forward to the rest of it. hope he doesn't die! gotta go.

-g
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:39 pm

Geoffrey wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:23 am
good to read your message. have been away, and just off again (with friends to ona). never been there before. will be back tomorrow :-)
ps. saw half of the film before sleeping last night. great!!! looking forward to the rest of it. hope he doesn't die! gotta go.

-g
wonderful film, so glad to have seen it. a sombre sort of chap, and glad it finished the way it did. thank you for mentioning this to me. loved all the scenes, bunch of flours, brushing of teeth, 'whole wide world' - even surprise appearance by mr creosote! to steal from judy garland: who could ask for anything more!

may you stay safe in this ever worrying world of covid and climate, lisa.
------------------------------------------------
a man i met on ona, who made a big impression :-)
maybe she's in the bahamas where the caribbean sea is blue.jpg
https://youtu.be/bFU545ZtOpE
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:52 pm

Geoffrey wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:39 pm
...wonderful film, so glad to have seen it...loved all the scenes, bunch of flours,...'whole wide world' ...

may you stay safe in this ever worrying world of covid and climate, lisa...
It cheers me immensely to know that you enjoyed the film! Those were two of my favourite scenes, too -- so sweet and memorable! -- and I thought you'd like the latter, in particular (thanks for the video), since you've been known to play a steel string and sing tunes of that nature. I must watch the film again, it's been awhile -- I've missed seeing really good films, I used to watch a lot of them, but for one reason or another, I got away from doing so.

I am staying safe -- and trying not to worry too much about negative things that I can't control. Hope you are doing likewise.

Glad you had an interesting time on Ona.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:33 am

LisaLCFan wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:52 pm
It cheers me immensely to know that you enjoyed the film! Those were two of my favourite scenes, too -- so sweet and memorable! -- and I thought you'd like the latter, in particular (thanks for the video), since you've been known to play a steel string and sing tunes of that nature. I must watch the film again, it's been awhile -- I've missed seeing really good films, I used to watch a lot of them, but for one reason or another, I got away from doing so.

I am staying safe -- and trying not to worry too much about negative things that I can't control. Hope you are doing likewise.

Glad you had an interesting time on Ona.
I do sing and play still, but privately. You are surely far more advanced than myself, and not only with guitar, I might add. With only two chords ('A' and 'E') and an easy strumming pattern, 'Whole wide world' is a perfect song for beginners. Yes, just as a music album can be enjoyed multiple times, so too can a good film, of course. I have several favourites, of differing genres, that are seen at regular intervals.

Glad to hear you are keeping safe, with a healthy attitude towards the current abundance of negative news.

Ona is indeed an interesting island to visit for a short time, but a remote and lonely place. My hometown and the surrounding area is built on several islands, but they are mostly connected by tunnels and bridges, and a huge shopping centre at nearby Spjelkavik. On returning to civilisation yesterday I felt energy flowing back into my body the nearer the boat came to the mainland. Nature does nothing for me, it has to be shops and people.

Tomorrow I have a beautiful little visitor staying with me for a week. Her name is Evie, and i am told she likes tomatoes - and sleeping together with someone at night :-)

"Some people choose to see the ugliness in this world, the disarray - I choose to see the beauty."
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:17 pm

Geoffrey wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:33 am
...I do sing and play still, but privately. You are surely far more advanced than myself, and not only with guitar, I might add. With only two chords ('A' and 'E') and an easy strumming pattern, 'Whole wide world' is a perfect song for beginners...

Tomorrow I have a beautiful little visitor staying with me for a week. Her name is Evie, and i am told she likes tomatoes - and sleeping together with someone at night :-)...
Nothing wrong with easier music for beginners (or for anyone!) -- even classical guitarists do not begin with transcriptions of Bach fugues! Mind you, I think that a lot of "pop" music would be quite suitable for beginner guitar players -- strumming two or three chords is not difficult to master -- but of course, what matters most is the enjoyment and enrichment that a person gets from playing (and/or, that others get from listening), such that the simplicity or complexity of the music is less relevant.

Is your visitor four-legged and furry? Whatever the case, perhaps she will inspire you to draw or paint her, and then you can share her beauty with us!

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”